February 2021 30 Day Rule/30 Day Focus Pic and Discussion Thread- All are Welcome

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Jan 31, 2021.

?

What are you shaving plans for February?

1. I am going to finally complete a 30 (28) Day Rule.

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. I am going to finally finish my first tub of soap.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I am going to finally shave with a DE razor.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I am going to join the Dark Side and give straight razor shaving a try.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I am going to hone my first straight razor.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I am going to mix it up and shave with anything I want.

14 vote(s)
    70.0%
  7. I am going to learn how to bake cookies from scratch.

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  8. I am abstaining from taking part in ludicrous polls.

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Very nice Danny. The Rockwell blades aren't too bad at all. Only thing I would change on the 6c would be the blade overhang. Just enough stick out to catch the ear when shaving the head if you're not careful.

brit, Hembree, jtspartan and 5 others like this.
  2. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Veddy nice shave Clint!

brit, Hembree, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  3. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

I had a lot of problems with my Ambassador after first buying it as some of the long time members of the crew can testify to. I sent it back to Razor Emporium, and they straightened my baseplate and replaced my top cap! I originally was shaving it at 4, but as I continued straight shaving started shaving it wide open. The Kai was just a bit wider than I expected! After things settle down a bit on the back of the gourd, I’ll be dialing in the Kai! I considered selling it, but I really like the shave it delivers! :cool:

Edison Carter, brit, Hembree and 7 others like this.
  4. jgreenepa

You’re spot on, Patrick! The blade is wider. The issue was pure operator error on my part! :cool:

5. Trigger

Awesome shave Jeff! I would say the Samarai would agree with you about the steel.

6. jgreenepa

Great Rockwell shave, Danny! I do like Fine Snakebite soap and AS as well! I prefer it during the summer! :cool:

7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Well...a shocker for my shave this morning...(the kind that hurts). I had the Stoylin Ramblin' Man soap&A.S. , with the Stoylin No-Name brush. For the razor, I opened with the Red Tip(1957). My second Astra blade is much sharper than the first was....perhaps I did a better job of placing it inside the razor. It felt comfortable enough going down the cheeks on the first pass. Good, I thought. But when I tried the chin(South Porcupine Alley)I ended up with a monster cut. Showing my disappointment, I went to the Sensor Deuce disposeABLE for the remainder of the first pass, and all of the second. I don't know-perhaps my skin likes the disposeABLE better. But I'll keep the Red Tip around for more experimenting. The Ramblin Man A.S. produces a nice finish. Pretty Excellent( due to the chin cut).

8. Trigger

Great shave Danny! I am glad you finally used a Rockwell blade. As you know, I have used them in my shavettes and safety razors and always got great shaves. They may not be as sharp as Feathers, but they get the job done very nicely. They are quite forgiving as well. Have an awesome day!

Edison Carter, Hembree, brit and 5 others like this.
  9. jgreenepa

Yes, Joe, although the silver steel before being folded into the Japanese razor making process is imported from Sweden. Japanese Yasuki (tamaghane) is the steel of the Samurai sword. I’m still shopping for a good Tamaghane razor! :cool:

Edison Carter, Hembree, brit and 6 others like this.
  10. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Yep, I remember when you got it and all the trouble you had and reading about it getting repaired etc at that other unmentionable forum ;)

Hembree, brit, JACarbone and 5 others like this.
  11. jgreenepa

Those disposables require pressure, Paul! There needs to be ‘no pressure’ with the Red Tip. The only way you can cut yourself is with too much pressure! :(

Edison Carter, Hembree, brit and 8 others like this.
  12. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

February 22nd
    Supply (2 dot) w Proline
    APShaveCo Flattop/Sapele
    Asylum/SV Colonia combo
    Thayers
    8D0EB621-9318-4255-8E13-3FE9C188CCBB.jpeg
    Pulled out the Supply this morning. Such a good razor. While the 3 dot is a little more aggressive, I find this middle plate such a great combo of smoothness and efficiency.
    Another very good SV lather and 3 passes later I am happy with the results. A little left on the lower neck on both sides and I think it it is time to change the blade for tomorrow.
    Have a great day all!

13. Trigger

I have never cut the inner ear flap with the razor tabs. I have enough space between the hairline and the base of the ear that makes it easy for me to avoid cutting that area.

Hembree, brit, jgreenepa and 3 others like this.
  14. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Dave. Finally the end is near.

Hembree, brit, Dave in KY and 5 others like this.
  15. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Patrick

Hembree, brit, Dave in KY and 5 others like this.
  16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That's what happened with the Red Tip(that caused the cut). Next time I use it, I need to think about some advice-that it should be like "wiping off the soap"(not grinding it into the skin).

Hembree, brit, jgreenepa and 5 others like this.
  17. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thanks Joe. Over the break the District has installed Hepa Filter machines in each of the classrooms. My guess is that we are getting ready for full return in the very near future.

Edison Carter, Hembree, brit and 8 others like this.
  18. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Unfortunately mine grows down enough that I must tweak my ear when shaving that area or risk the blade catching it. Already got me once before .

Hembree, brit, Dave in KY and 6 others like this.
  19. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Jeff.

Hembree, brit, Dave in KY and 4 others like this.
  20. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Very nice shave Danny.

Hembree, brit, Dave in KY and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.