Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

February 20, 2021
    Ever-Ready 1912
    Gem PTFE
    Simpson CH2 Synthetic
    L’Occitane Cade
    Shaving Cream & Aftershave Balm

[​IMG]

2. Leo K.

Leo K. Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I can’t get enough from the feel of the Injector blade (made in China) and the smoothness of the G8 type injector. These blades give me about 4 to 5 fantastic shaves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick Grip injector, vintage Schick Twin blade, shave 10
    gript.jpg

I am using a third party picture since I don't happen to have pics taken. Package happens to have the blade I also used. Super mild but very efficient. BBS finish everywhere except under the chin which is exceptional for a razor like this. It should be even better with a single edge blade.

4. RFBNEW

RFBNEW Well-Known Member

4FBC3A74-73B5-415E-9755-6E6F6ED84B7C.jpeg
    Martin De Candre
    Simpson Trafalgar
    Rolls Razor

Though the Rolls is nowhere near perfect cosmetically, I love shaving with it. Honed outside of its engineering, it shaves very smoothly.

SlimGem, jimjo1031, Herm2502 and 13 others like this.
  5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Jeff's Soap
    Jayaruh #419 2-band Badger
    C.V. Heljestrand Lather Catcher
    Heljestrand Wedge
    CWR
    Florida Water

Jeff's Soap was lathered well with the Jayaruh #419 2-band Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the C.V. Heljestrand Lather Catcher with a Heljestrand Wedge blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Florida Water. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

February 21, 2021
    Ever-Ready 1912
    Gem PTFE
    Brad Sears Disco
    Speick Shave Stick
    Myrsol Agua Balsamica

[​IMG]

7. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, Feb 21st 2021- having a little experiment with my Schick M3 adjustable, I had a Kai Protouch in the blade bank with 8 shaves on it and decided to snip one end and shave with it. Slipped it in the injector magazine and had no problem installing it, well it had some life left in it and it worked beautifully for a DFS.

Razor: Schick adjustable injector Model 3(M3)- MFG 1970-72, well built razor, I always get good shaves with it.
    Blade: Kai Protouch modified (9) excellent blade, Sharp & smooth, good blade to learn with a Shavette IMO & regular shaving.
    Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch, mild scent with great lather properties. Nice post shave feel with this soap.
    Brush: Razorock plissoft 24mm, have used this brush for the last 4 years with great results. Soft tips and nice scrub. Good painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG(set at 4) + ATG (set at 5) + pickups.
    Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]great shave with my Schick adj M3 injector with a modified Protouch guarded blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!

8. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

20210221_123239_20210221130241807.jpg
    February 21st, 2021

1910 Gem Junior lather catcher
    Maggard M5 handle
    adapter screw by
    @GAW9576
    Gem ptfe blade
    Frank Shaving G4 synthetic
    Razorock - The Dead Sea
    shave soap & splash

9. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick Grip injector, vintage Schick blade, shave 1
    sg.jpg

This time around a platinum plus vintage blade circa 1990. I was expecting a closer shave with this blade than the twin but as it turns out the shave is about identical with the twin blade doing a better job under the chin. BBS finish everywhere else on the face.

SlimGem, Dave in KY, Droo78 and 9 others like this.
  10. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Monday 22nd February
    Pal Adjustable
    Schick Proline B #3

[​IMG]

11. RFBNEW

RFBNEW Well-Known Member

C024A678-BB96-455D-89AD-DF8A0ABB5AB3.jpeg

A&E Forbidden Fruit
    Yaqi 2 band
    Star Test Outfit

Star Test Outfit looks very similar to its capless cousin, Star Cru Steel, which is super aggressive but it is a very mild, forgiving razor.
    I always get a smooth, great shave from it.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  12. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Menthol Monday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Tea Tree Body Bar
    Jayaruh #47
    AutoStrop A1
    Feather FHS-10
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The Tea Tree Body Bar lathered well with the Jayaruh #47 brush. Two passes and touch ups with the AutoStrop A1 razor with a Feather FHS-10 blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

13. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mon 22nd February

Omega 11126 boar
    P & B Citra Royale
    RR Hawk V3-A plate
    Schick Proline [ 6 ]
    Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion.

There is a lot of talk about the various merits of Shaving Brushes , and which is best. I have never gone high end though i do like the looks of a few, but this inexpensive boar is a delight to use as the tips are so soft then applying a lather. So today with a nice lather, had a smooth Shave with a hassle free quality finish.

IMG_1338.jpg

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  14. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, Feb 22nd 2021

Razor: Gem 1912 open comb version- MFG 1912-15, lower mid range, well built. excellent razor, this is the model that started GEM into a larger company A.S.R corporation and they sold millions of the 1912 in different variants of razors & handles over decades.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smoothes out nicely, predictable.
    Soap: Cyril R Salter Indian sandal wood- nice scent, excellent lather qualities, good post shave feel.
    Brush: Yaqi 26mm red Zebra handle, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrub, excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + picups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Witch hazel + Ogallala Bay rum + Sandal wood + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]excellent shave with my Gem 1912 OC with a new coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

15. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I had an easy shave with my 1900 Kampfe Bros Star today.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg IMG_20210222_130213459_HDR~2.jpg

16. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick Easy Rider injector, Vintage Schick blade, shave 1
    [​IMG]

Shave was better than the Schick Grip but still underwhelming with a less than BBS finish. The answer to that is this blade. It is just not as sharp as the modern Chinese made Schick blades in the yellow blister packs. These blades will be sidelined for a more aggressive razor and a modern Schick blade to continue evaluating each against the other.

17. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 23rd February

RR 400.SE-Plissoft noir
    L`Occitane Cade soap
    RR Hawk V3-A plate
    Schick Proline [ 7 ]
    Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

Quite nice to have a back to back Shave rather than every other day. Was very nice too as it was very smooth and trouble free aided by the Cade soap, which I have been conserving. Seems as though L`Occitane have re-introduced it once more, so my economy might not have been required. Perhaps one more application of the Jaguar A/S, which I quite like as it reminds me of the Woods of Windsor for Men ,which I used for ages till it disappeared.

IMG_1340.jpg

18. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Tabac Tuesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #47
    AutoStrop A2
    Feather FHS-10
    CWR
    Tabac ASB

The Tabac Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #47 brush. Two passes and touch ups with the AutoStrop A2 razor with a Feather FHS-10 blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac ASB. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Tue, Feb 23rd 2021

Razor: Everready 1924(AKA Shovel head)MFG 1924-33, excellent mid range>,different way of loading a Gem blade(base plate level works for myself)I can receive very close shaves with the 1924 without to much drama. I enjoy using this once in a while!
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (2) excellent blade, very sharp, smooths out nicely, great longevity & predictable.
    Soap: Cyril R Salter Indian sandal wood- nice scent with good lather qualities. Good post shave feel.
    Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm black marble handle [​IMG] - excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tip, nice scrub & lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Proraso red sandal wood with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + 2 small chin weepers =[​IMG]excellent shave with my ER 1924 with a coated gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  20. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick Grip injector, (S)chick blade, shave 1
    [​IMG]

This time with a fresh modern Chinese made Schick blade. End result about the same as with the vintage blade used prior. My guess is this razor was designed for twin blades and not single edge injectors is why or else there should be a performance increase. I am going to use this blade in the Easy Rider injector next to confirm since I know I've gotten better results using a chick in that razor than I did with the same vintage blade. It will also confirm these are not the same razors shave wise.

SlimGem, RFBNEW, Dave in KY and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.