Gillette English Aristocrat Deluxe in Gold ?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Pureslab, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Pureslab

Pureslab New Member

Is this the correct name for this razor ?

[​IMG]

It has most of the gold plating worn off and is a great candidate for replating in 18kt.

[​IMG]

Marked "Made in England" on the underside and pretty much the same size as it's open comb partner The #15

[​IMG]

Stunning shaver with a Feather Blade , slightly more aggressive than most other fixed head Gillette TTO's I have tried.

Any info appreciated

2. mr-razor

mr-razor Well-Known Member

Yes, Aristocrat DeLuxe is the correct name:

[​IMG]

tonich and brit like this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

:angry032 A-A-A-R-R-R-G-G-G!!! Now I want one!!

4. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

:happy088 Nice. :drool

5. Keith P

Keith P New Member

I love the gold!

brit likes this.
  6. Brownie111

Brownie111 New Member

Hello. I have this razor Gillette BRIT.PAT. 694093. How much do you think it costs?
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    brit likes this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

what ever someone who wants it it will pay for it..:)

tonich likes this.
  8. Brownie111

Brownie111 New Member

Yes. I don't want to sell it. I shave with it. I am curious because I have never seen a photo of my razor on the internet.

brit likes this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

one would think around $350 up..(please don't quote me on that).no real clue.. with original blades and instructions/shipper box unused..way up..

Brownie111 likes this.
  10. Brownie111

Brownie111 New Member

Ok thank you. I understand. It's just an idea.

brit likes this.
  11. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

brit likes this.
  12. Brownie111

Brownie111 New Member

Thanks for sharing this site. The top inside of my box is not the same. I can't find the same interior. Behind the box is an old seller's sticker. H. Ackermann Basel. (Basel in Switzerland). I have no other information. The presentation, shape and color resemble Aristocrat De Luxe. The blade holder is also the same.

brit likes this.
  13. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Technically that is true but examples of that style razor and set have been pictured on auction sites before.

brit and Brownie111 like this.
  14. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

It is an Aristocrat Deluxe, case maybe different because of the particular set number or region it was sold in. That razor is what is referred to as a 4th gen Aristocrat and because it has a British Patent number on it puts it between 1954 - 1959 without knowing anything more about it.

https://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/british-and-other-non-us-aristocrat-tto-timeline.64883/

15. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Conservatively in that condition and with the case in the $100 - $200 USD range. Ultimately what a collector will pay for it but they usually don't go below $100 these days when you have the correct case for one which you do for yours. What you have is something a collector would want since the majority of these 4th gen razors are rhodium plated and gold plated ones are much less common.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021