February 2021 30 Day Rule/30 Day Focus Pic and Discussion Thread- All are Welcome

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Jan 31, 2021.

?

What are you shaving plans for February?

1. I am going to finally complete a 30 (28) Day Rule.

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. I am going to finally finish my first tub of soap.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I am going to finally shave with a DE razor.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I am going to join the Dark Side and give straight razor shaving a try.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I am going to hone my first straight razor.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I am going to mix it up and shave with anything I want.

14 vote(s)
    70.0%
  7. I am going to learn how to bake cookies from scratch.

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  8. I am abstaining from taking part in ludicrous polls.

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you guys. Jason, I have been on a roll moving razors out of the den. The brass Blackbird already has a new home. I will get it shipped out Friday or Saturday with any luck.

2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

@Hembree Congrats on the haul of soap. She just loves you. I have really come to enjoy small artisan bath soaps. Fortunately Swati and the girls keep me supplied.

@Dave in KY Congrats on the new razor. I saw you jump on that one quick last night.

brit, JACarbone, wristwatchb and 7 others like this.
  3. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Thanks Clint.

brit, JACarbone, jgreenepa and 4 others like this.
  4. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Thanks Clint, it was a knee jerk reaction as it's in good shape and was fairly priced compared to some I've seen.

JACarbone, jgreenepa, 9nein9 and 5 others like this.
  5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

It has been a day. Worked in my office some this morning before the appointment with the Neurologist. Trying to get in and out is stressful because something always seems to come up.

No good news or bad news from the Neurologist. While the CT scan gave me a sense of relief over the weekend, the images provided are not good enough for a diagnosis. The doctor indicated that while he does not expect anything majorly wrong, it still could be. Next steps are full blood work and report. Then a MRI of brain with and without contrast. In the meantime I was prescribed one preventative med to reduce onset of headaches and another to take if a headache comes on. So I have been to the lab to have the blood work done, went by the pharmacy to pick up the meds and scheduled the MRI for next Wednesday. Honestly I am exhausted and my head is just freaking pounding. Today went about like I expected. Any journey starts with the first step and that step was today. Now I just go forward and process the information, diagnosis and treatments as they come in. The only disappointing news was the need to limit my coffee to one cup each morning. Just damn. That was one of my few remaining vices. As if that was not bad enough, I have to abstain from alcohol over the next few weeks. Other than some on Saturday and a beer with Swati at dinner last night, she has pretty much taken the booze away from me.

brit, Droo78, b1hart and 12 others like this.
  6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I understand knee jerk reactions. I placed a WTB thread on DFS and jumped pretty quickly. Now I have a sinking feeling I overpaid by $20-30 dollars or so. After thinking about it, I am just going to let it that feeling wash away. I have too much other stuff to really worry about.

7. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Fantastic. Just two months behind you

jgreenepa, Trigger, 9nein9 and 3 others like this.
  8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Try and stay warm Joe. Atlanta usually gets one really cold weather front in March. After that springs brings the pollen season, which is green hell here in the ATL.

JACarbone, Droo78, jgreenepa and 5 others like this.
  9. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Geez, I guess no bad news is better news. I hope they get to the bottom of this soon. I will keep up my prayers for you.

10. Dave in KY

I have the same sinking feeling on this one but tell myself it's all part of the journey. We'll live :happy102:

JACarbone, jgreenepa, Trigger and 5 others like this.
  11. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

Thanks, Clint!

JACarbone, jgreenepa, Trigger and 3 others like this.
  12. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Hang in there Clint...it will take a little while but it will get straightened out. In the mean time try not worry too much...I know that it hard. I still think stress has a lot to do with it.....try to decompress.....also hard since your adult beverages have been taken from you. We are here for you.

13. Dave in KY

Sorry Clint but do what you need to and get this behind you.

14. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Clint!

Hoping you get some relief from your headaches soon.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

15. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Thank you, Clint. Hope today went well.

16. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Very well put about the legacy of the razor, Jeff. The 77 does seem to have a very unique topcap and baseplate compared to other Leresches as well. Some look very close to Old Types to me.

JACarbone, jgreenepa, Trigger and 4 others like this.
  17. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Let's all take a moment to wish our fearless leader, JoAnna @Queen of Blades a very happy birthday!
    :greet002::happy036::bounce017::bounce017::bounce017::bounce017::bounce017::bounce017::bounce017:

18. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you guys.

19. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

I'm reading between the lines that this is a compliment, Patrick. So, thank you.:)

20. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Yes it is a compliment Jason. I enjoy your sense of humor . You come up with some good ones :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.