Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Williams Wednesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Soap
    Jayaruh #47
    AutoStrop B1
    Feather FHS-10
    CWR
    Granddad's Blend AS

The Williams Mug Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #47 brush. Two passes and touch ups with the AutoStrop B1 razor with a Feather FHS-10 blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Granddad's Blend AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

SlimGem, jimjo1031, brit and 10 others like this.
  2. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Wednesday 24th February
    Schick G1 (Jayaruh'd)
    Schick Proline B #4

[​IMG]

SlimGem, jimjo1031, GatorJoe and 10 others like this.
  3. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick Easy Rider injector, (S)chick blade, shave 2
    [​IMG]

Shave was closer though not perfect from the previous shave with this razor using a vintage Schick blade. Proves there is a difference between the vintage and modern blades and also proves the Schick Grip is a different shaver that is milder than this razor and tuned for twin blades first and foremost.

SlimGem, brit, Dave in KY and 5 others like this.
  4. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Thursday February 25, 2021
    Razor: Schick N1
    Blade: Twin Schick (4)
    Brush: Stirling Synthetic
    Soap: Ariana & Evans NYC
    AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
    AS 2: Ariana & Evans NYC
    Fragrance: Penhaligon's Lothair

VARIETY is baaaaaaaack ! YES !!
    Chose the NYC for today which is a nice scent and some cool artwork as well on the tub. I have to say that it feels like cheating when using an Injector razor and I have to wonder if I had started with them, would i have ever tried anything else. Why did they not continue to be produced by Schick or Eversharp. We seem to always fall victim to the new mousetrap and desire better when best may have been these razors. Just a mindless and close shave that would rival any modern day Stainless Steel art designed razor. Maybe not it appearance an coolness factor, but definitely in what the tool was supposed to produce. Maybe I'll sell ALL my razors except the injectors......................Nah, I like the history and the different "tools" but today's shave had me wondering if I could have just 1 razor for the rest of my life, would I pick for function or cool factor? Which would I choose?...................Okay, let's shake off those crazy and rational thoughts and get some coffee and something sweet to go with it. Have a "Stupid Fun Day" today Guys it's Thursday, my Friday !!

IMG_20210224_194224735.jpg IMG_20210225_060051828.jpg

SlimGem, jimjo1031, Aztecmike and 6 others like this.
  5. Dave in KY

Okay, how are you guys using different handles for the lather catcher ? I gotta be able to do that with mine too. Where do you get the threaded inserts? Thanks, Dave

Aztecmike and GAW9576 like this.
  6. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 25th February

Stirling Syn. 26mm
    P & B Pall Mall
    RR Hawk V3-A plate
    Schick Proline [ 8 ]
    Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion

The key to todays Shave with the blade at 8 [around optimum for me ] was not to rush. My efforts were rewarded by a trouble free Shave with a great quality finish.To top things off, my eldest son who works from Home gave me a more than decent haircut:).

IMG_1341.jpg

SlimGem, jimjo1031, Aztecmike and 7 others like this.
  7. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Thursday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Colgate Mug Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #47
    AutoStrop VB1
    Feather FHS-10
    CWR
    Granddad's Blend AS

The Colgate Mug Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #47 brush. Two passes and touch ups with the AutoStrop VB1 razor with a Feather FHS-10 blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Granddad's Blend AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

SlimGem, jimjo1031, Aztecmike and 8 others like this.
  8. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I made the adapter screws that @Aztecmike and I along with several other members use. You can PM me for more information on making them or acquiring some.

Aztecmike and Dave in KY like this.
  9. mayer57619

mayer57619 Well-Known Member

Everready Shovelhead
    GEM stainless steel blade
    Kent BK2 brush
    Reef Point Fugere Santal soap
    Pinaud Clubman Aftershave [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SlimGem, jimjo1031, Aztecmike and 6 others like this.
  10. Dave in KY

Thank you so much for the response and I will message you when I get a chance this afternoon or tomorrow. Thanks again

GAW9576 and Jayaruh like this.
  11. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick Type L injector, (S)chick blade, shave 3
    lt1.jpg lt2.jpg

Going back and forth with the Schick Grip and Easy Rider injectors this one was next since it has teeth on the guard like them. Razor shaves like the Schick Grip with this blade and most likely is the same razor but with a standard black Type L style handle. One more shave with a twin blade to confirm this is indeed a variation of the Schick Grip.

SlimGem, jimjo1031, GAW9576 and 4 others like this.
  12. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Friday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Colgate Mug Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #47
    AutoStrop VC2
    Feather FHS-10
    CWR
    Granddad's Blend AS

The Colgate Mug Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #47 brush. Two passes and touch ups with the AutoStrop VC2 razor with a Feather FHS-10 blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Granddad's Blend AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

SlimGem, jimjo1031, Electrif and 8 others like this.
  13. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 26th February

Muhle Silvertip. A-21mm
    Hampshire Wool Fat
    RR Hawk V3-OC plate
    Feather Proguard [ 5 ]
    Massimo Duttii A/S Lotion

Moved on from The Hawk V3- A plate to the OC which already had a blade fitted. Because I have quite a heavy beard which requires quite an amount of work to get rid of, I am using a guarded blade .This allows me to work merrily away to get rid of growth from the most stubborn areas.

IMG_1343.jpg

SlimGem, jimjo1031, Jayaruh and 6 others like this.
  14. mayer57619

Parker Adjustable Injector razor
    Taconic Blade
    Australian Private Reserve Passione Soap
    Fuller brush with mixed knot
    Royal Copenhagen aftershave[​IMG]

SlimGem, jimjo1031, Jayaruh and 7 others like this.
  15. GAW9576

So I had to go digging for a quote before I could post yesterday's shave. A member that goes by @ShadowsDad on another forums was giving another member some advice. Here is what he said. "Very little pressure is NOT the goal. No pressure is the goal. If your skin deforms under the razor you have too much pressure. I told a friend that for quite some time and he was about to give up. But before he did he had the inspiration to actually put what I'd been telling him into practice. He called me up to tell me that he'd just had the best shave of his life. In his exact words, "When you say no pressure you really do mean no pressure, don't you?". Yup, when I say no pressure that's exactly what I mean."

I struggle with this concept frequently. Especially when I see those last few stubborn hairs on my neck. I tend to start adding more pressure in a attempt to almost dig them out.[​IMG][​IMG]. So after reading the sage advice above I did my best to apply that advice just concentrating on tickling the hairs away and paying extra attention to shave angle and direction. WOW what a difference. I didn't end up with a total BBS shave but I did end up with a VERY close fantastically comfortable shave. My skin feels much smoother and is visibly happier than usual.

Ever-Ready 1924 AKA Shovel head on a Gem slim Bakelite handle. Great combo. Cella whipped up with a synthetic brush and Aqua Velva 5 in 1 aftershave balm.

IMG_26022021_101617_(1032_x_1100_pixel).jpg

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
    SlimGem, jimjo1031, Jayaruh and 8 others like this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

cool shave and pic Greg..:cool:

GAW9576 likes this.
  17. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Saturday 27th February
    1912 Patent Anniversary
    GEM Damaskeene
    GEM Stainless Coated #1

[​IMG]
    I delayed yesterday's shave so I could celebrate the patent anniversary today with the 'original 1912' made by the GEM Cutlery Co. Affectionately called the Damaskeene or Dammy after the original GEM Damaskeene blades.
    https://www.razors.click/patents/US1018783/

SlimGem, jimjo1031, Jayaruh and 7 others like this.
  18. GAW9576

Thanks it was a fantastic shave. I really need to continue practicing near zero pressure. It made a big difference.

I wasn't planning on Shaving today but I may have to take the Damaskeenes for a spin in honor of the occasion. I have an OC and a guard bar version. I believe the OC came first.
    Does yours say Feb 27th? Mine only say Patd 1912.

brit likes this.
  19. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick E3, Vintage Schick blade, shave 2
    [​IMG]

Decided to give this razor a go after having it sit on the sidelines for awhile. Still shaves the best of the Type E's for me and that includes the Canadian E3. This one is the smoothest and most efficient of the Type E razors. BBS finish achieved.

SlimGem, Jayaruh, Aztecmike and 2 others like this.
  20. mayer57619

Rolls Razor
    Mitchell's Wool Fat soap
    Everready 100t brush with silver tip knot
    Gillette Cool Wave aftershave[​IMG]

SlimGem, brit, jimjo1031 and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.