February 2021 30 Day Rule/30 Day Focus Pic and Discussion Thread- All are Welcome

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Jan 31, 2021.

?

What are you shaving plans for February?

1. I am going to finally complete a 30 (28) Day Rule.

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. I am going to finally finish my first tub of soap.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I am going to finally shave with a DE razor.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I am going to join the Dark Side and give straight razor shaving a try.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I am going to hone my first straight razor.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I am going to mix it up and shave with anything I want.

14 vote(s)
    70.0%
  7. I am going to learn how to bake cookies from scratch.

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  8. I am abstaining from taking part in ludicrous polls.

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Glad you made it through, Bill! Just part of life as our solar rotations increase! :D

Dave in KY, Hembree, Trigger and 3 others like this.
  2. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

Thank you Jeff...Take care, and have a safe coming week.Yours-Barry.:cool:

Dave in KY, Hembree, Trigger and 3 others like this.
  3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Jeff. I slept 13 hours last night. I can’t recall ever sleeping that long. The dosage on the meds doubles this Wednesday so I’m keeping my fingers crossed the effects don’t double.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Cool setup today.
    If you feed the cameraman before he has to go to work, maybe he won’t faint the next time.
    :cool:

BOS 2019 also known as Tsuka, is one of my faves. It is the Stirling take on the original Hanae Mori who fashioned the product cap after a Tsuka (the handle of a Samurai sword).

9nein9, jtspartan, Dave in KY and 5 others like this.
  5. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thank you Danny! We all react differently to different soaps. Fine shaving soaps provide a nice lather. However, the enjoyment of a shaving soap and aftershave is enhanced by the scent. Unfortunately, the dismal scent strengths of the 2 Fine soaps and the one aftershave did nothing to make my shaves pleasant. I will use them, but I will never purchase a Fine soap/aftershave again.

6. Edison Carter

My brother introduced me to Sous Vide a couple of years ago making some absolutely scrumptious reverse sear steaks.
    I have successfully avoided the rabbit hole due to my preference for a lump charcoal super sear than indirect finish steak.

Dave in KY, Hembree, Trigger and 5 others like this.
  7. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

February 28, 2021
    Tatara Masamune
    Feather
    Heritage Collection Dubl Duck
    Santa Maria Novella Crema da Barba
    Floid Blue

[​IMG]

Happy Sunday Everyone. I really slept in this morning with 13 hours of sleep. I decided to pull out the Tatara Masamune for a few days. I bought a Feather AS-D2 on the DFS BST last week that should arrive this week. Since the Masamune is very similar I wanted to get in the groove while I was waiting on the Feather. I was inspired by @jluc to pull out the Heritage Collection boar and paired it the SMN Crema da Barba. The SMN was a pleasure and the Heritage boar once again was my least favorite boar. Three passes and touch ups ended with the baby just escaping. I did a poor job buffing my lower right neck. A splash of Floid Blue and I am ready for the day. I hope everyone has a blessed Sunday.

brit, Droo78, 9nein9 and 10 others like this.
  8. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Very nice, Barry. The Proraso green is such a classic and that looks like a solid slant as well.

9. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

February 2021 Recap

[​IMG]

I apologize I forgot the recap earlier. I really enjoyed the month of shaves. During the month I added the R102 aka R41 to the den and discovered I enjoy the razor and its reputation is far worse than its shave. I also decided that the brass Blackbird and Tatara Nodachi are not for me. I did manage to finish off the AOS lavender shave cream. As usual the best part of the month was the friendship and generosity of this group. Thank you for allowing me to tag along and participate. I look forward to participating next month.

brit, Droo78, 9nein9 and 10 others like this.
  10. palmolive fox

Thank you, Jason. the Parker 55SL is a solid slant,it's a smooth efficient shaver as well.

11. Edison Carter

I asked because it appeared to have some of the graining characteristics of ivory.

12. palmolive fox

Excellent Post,Clint.:happy096:

13. jtspartan

Congrats on your recent additions, Dave. That Famex is such a cool looking tool. Not a complete disaster in the vid...

14. Edison Carter

Last time I checked birth was terminal.

jgreenepa, Hembree, Trigger and 3 others like this.
  15. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Good news yesterday in our world! My Bride qualifies for the COVID-19 vaccine phase that opens tomorrow in our neck 'o the woods. Her first appointment is scheduled for March 10. I'm on a standby list, if there are cancellations that result in extra doses being available on a given day, due to my unique situation as her sole caregiver. Otherwise, I qualify for the next vaccination phase. Our local officials are doing a pretty good job on the vaccine rollout, given the supply constraints.

Droo78, MrEE, Hembree and 7 others like this.
  16. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Great news, Charlie!

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

17. Trigger

Feb 28 SOTD

Good morning guys!

1955 Gillette Red Tip
    Rockwell DE Blade (?)
    JR #290 Synthetic Brush
    Stirling Glastonbury SS and AS
    Dickenson's WH
    Nivea ASB
    Whiskers: 24 hours

Everything went well with this morning's shave.
    The JR #290 whipped up a nice, slick and beautiful lather. This brush has never failed me yet. I know that this is a fall/winter scent but I will be using it a couple of times each week until it is finished. I do like the scent, but I do not think that I will repurchase it.

Although I am still open to learning and improving my shaves, it is important to know which razor/blade combo works best in a given situation. I opted to use a less aggressive razor to shave my 24 hr stubble. I decided on the Redtip. I know some of you think that this is an aggressive razor, but it is less than intermediate to me. Did 2 passes with plenty of buffing and a touchup for a nice BBS shave without any red liquid oozing out of me.
    The post shave was my usual routine. First the witch hazel, the balm and then the aftershave.
    Well that's all I have to say about today's shave.We ended another month of fantastic shaves! Looking forward to March and Spring! Have a great day guys! 20210228_112856.jpg

brit, Droo78, 9nein9 and 8 others like this.
  18. jtspartan

I like what you did there with the soap tub colours and the brush handle, Pierpaolo!

Hembree, ischiapp, jgreenepa and 3 others like this.
  19. Trigger

I am sure it was!

20. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Barry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.