-Gillettes-Finest-

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by brit, Apr 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Thank you.

8/19/1942

brit likes this.
  2. stuartganis

Gillette Fatboy / Nacet blade [​IMG]

8/19/1942

brit likes this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

brit rfb thin handle

20210226_103653_edited1.jpg

stuartganis likes this.
  4. stuartganis

Gillette Super Speed / Gillette 7o'clock Super Stainless [​IMG]

8/19/1942

brit likes this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

brit new/tech hybrid-french handle

20210301_095224_edited1.jpg

Northstonehill and stuartganis like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

new deluxe(red and black special) with karve 3 " handle

20210301_123916_edited_edited_edited.jpg

stuartganis likes this.
  7. Northstonehill

Northstonehill Active Member

Wow, what an interesting and unique combo :signs021:

brit likes this.
  8. Northstonehill

Ongoing renovation project. Only 3 other specimens in original silver are accounted for today - a worthy cause!

D766D1C4-FE2D-4E84-943B-6EA26492042A.jpeg 5B263555-EAF1-4CFB-B307-7FF59084F8BA.jpeg C027598E-A0BF-4616-B242-232CF3B46267.jpeg

9. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Tabac Tuesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shave Soap
    SlimGem Silvertip Badger
    Gillette Slim L3
    Gillette Super Blue X3
    CWR
    Tabac ASB

The Tabac Shave Soap lathered well with the SlimGem Silvertip Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gillette Slim L3 with a Gillette Super Blue blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac ASB. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

brit likes this.
  10. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

I don't know what it is, but I love it!!!
    :happy096:

brit likes this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

thank you.it has great weight and balance,compared to it's original common bar type one..:):eatdrink047:

12. brit

brit in a box

13. brit

brit in a box

fine slim adjustable Jim..:cool:

14. brit

brit in a box

1959 brit presentation set gold 1 piece
    (flare tip rocket)

20210302_093915_edited1.jpg

Northstonehill likes this.
  15. Northstonehill

Awesome Gary - I too received a Flare Tip (though only nickel plated) yesterday in a very good condition original leather travel set. I also shaved with one this morning, I have a couple of these, I just love the shave and the grip of a Rocket Flare Tip. I honestly don’t think that you find a better combination of build, shave quality and price!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    brit likes this.
  16. Northstonehill

Yup! Thanks. The gold version is really rare and the silver even more, almost never seen. This one was offered on Etsy and the bay for a very high number but I managed to secure a heavy discount as it needs a lot of professional TLC.

I am not normally keen on very ornamented objects, I tend to prefer clean industrial looks like a Slim. But this one is just gorgeous, the engraving looks almost viking-like. I haven’t touched it yet though, as it is directly en route to another country to have the handle crack repaired/secured as much as possible. And then onwards to the US for a full tripple layer silver replate.
    :love029:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    brit likes this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

that's very cool.one of our other members here scored a really nice gold version of the razor at an antique shop,no case though,but..i would love to get one..looking forward to seeing the finished piece..:)

18. brit

brit in a box

thank you.i have the case,shipper and blades as well.was an NOS set.does your new travel set have the rhodium plated version of the razor? same grip as the u.s tv special.. 1958 Gillette Traveller DeLuxe England from Richard Snyder.jpg

19. Northstonehill

Wow, that is awesome. No mine is sadly the cheaper version with a less gorgeous leather case and a standard nickel razor. I also own a TV Special razor though and I actually prefer the standard model - I like the knurling design and grip better. Your set is to die for though with big case, shipper and brush and everything. A true find!

I am considering taking up collecting original Flare Tip sets as they are all cool and the razor so nice and simple. I consider this razor in same family as my beloved all standard French Tech: Simple and uncomplicated razors which shave awesome!!

brit likes this.
  20. Northstonehill

Will do, sir! - No case for me either, sadly. I intend to use this - as I do with all my razors!

brit likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.