Schick Type E injectors for dummies

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by BBS, Jan 16, 2020.

1. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick 66 model had a chrome plated razor head and only a chrome plated razor head and sold for .66 cents. The gold plated ones were the more expensive option at $1.29.

Dave in KY and brit like this.
  2. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

I didn't say the one pictured was a 66.................I said I had a 66...... In case you still misread this. It wasn't pictured.

brit likes this.
  3. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

It was in response to this. "...Yeah and I have no idea if mine is a 66 but I have been told by others on the forum that it is...."

Simply if it is a chrome plated Type G it came in the Schick 66 set and only the that set.

Dave in KY likes this.
  4. Dave in KY

Yep That is what I have, Thanks

5. Dave in KY

Back again hoping for help with what I think is an E3 that I happened onto accidentally looking for the brass blade cartridges that supposedly have the blade tray needed for the repeater razors inside them. (That's a side point I'm researching)

This may be mismatched but how it came to me in the case. Any help fully identifying is greatly appreciated as my head swims with all the variations. Thanks immensely @BBS for your exhaustive work on this compilation of information !
    IMG_20210928_081615257_HDR.jpg IMG_20210928_075458748_HDR.jpg IMG_20210928_075505153_HDR.jpg IMG_20210928_075515969_HDR.jpg IMG_20210928_075529969_HDR.jpg

Droo78 likes this.
  6. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Those black keys were packaged with military issued sets during WWII. That case is also correct for that particular set since the razor is an E3 unless it has a 20 year guarantee on it. If it has a 20 year guarantee it should be one of various E2 razors that belong with the case then.

7. Dave in KY

Thanks !, and no there is not the Guarantee on the bottom so E3 it is. Are they Brass under the Black ?

8. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I have no idea what metal those keys are made of. Put a magnet to it and see if it sticks. If it does it is definitely not brass. Also the E3 IIRC came out in late 42 and were sold until the end of WWII. The reason at least in the US they didn't continue production after WWII of them was Magazine Repeating Razor was in the process of selling Schick off to Eversharp. Production continued later in 46 after the sale was completed with the new Everharp Schick Type G injectors.

Dave in KY likes this.
  9. Dave in KY

Thanks, they certainly are HEAVY bit I'll check with a magnet and update here when I find out. Have a great day!

EDIT - Yep, DEFINITELY Brass

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
  10. brit

brit in a box

jut arrived. canadian e-2 on right.note the slight seam on the handle usually seen on G models. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stefano73, Jim99 and jimjo1031 like this.
  11. ShaversRUs

ShaversRUs Well-Known Member

Are there any Es milder than the 6th variant?

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 21, 2023