Pinaud Clubman to Glass and Upgrade That Scent.

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Tim Spencer, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Anthony Wymer

Anthony Wymer New Member

Tim, I got everything from EBAY. Took nearly two years of accumulating them, but I ended up getting all the bottles I needed for decant.

Daywalker likes this.
  2. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

Cella resized.jpg Here is my effort:

Unfortunately, I rinsed out but did not wash out with soap the Chilula bottle so it effected the fragrance slightly, at least when you sniff the bottle-hopefully not when applied!

Ijustmissedthe50s, Enrico and Hembree like this.
  3. Timwcic

Timwcic Well-Known Member

I used hot sauce bottles for a while until I started collecting the real deal. Scores at flea markets, estate sales and thrift stores over the years gave the den the rite stuff. The queen is a factice bottle of the Veg that is over 14” tall and guessing hold about 40 oz. Now I hope I don’t drop. Photo bombed by a Old Spice Flying Cloud

CEBF0C99-DF0A-44EC-B2CA-6519768C89D9.jpeg 5895F6FF-9B7A-451B-938A-A782F58425DF.jpeg

brit, Paul Turner, Jorvaljr and 3 others like this.
  4. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Totally cool. Im hoping to find some. I have one glass and its the veg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  5. Tedolph

Anybody ever gotten the bright idea to go into business and make the old bottles? No labels, no caps, just the bottles.

6. Timwcic

Timwcic Well-Known Member

Thank you, still looking for a bay rum. Never seen a picture of one yet. If it’s out there, I will find it

Tedolph likes this.
  7. Tedolph

Gotta say, those old Pinaud bottles are exceedingly cool. Any lady using your powder room and seeing one of those bottles on the counter would be putty in your hands.

Ask me about it sometime ;)

8. Troy Garrigues

Troy Garrigues New Member

Very cool fix for a plastic bottle. Just needs a flow reducer. Then perfect

9. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

From what I have been able to find about the bay rum it doesnt look like it is old enough for them to have made it in glass. Of course I could be and Probably Am wrong but it does Not look like it though....

10. jaro

I use these still for clubman. they make different sizes and the lids being green match and they have a reducer and are easy to get the smell of soy sauce out of them...
    The labels are easy to transfer over to the glass bottles too !!

b1735430-43a3-465f-89ee-09d6bb97e242.618f5d1c62e9612f9526b5e4ee68a3c5.jpeg

A FULL countryclub Size bottle of Pinaud Will Fit in the 15 ounce bottle pictured below even though the Pinaud bottle says 16 ounces BTW......
    c4b147a4-0c91-4254-a4f5-71e23da88d17.71270c6b070f4f4d719b6e53f91cf001.jpeg

And the 6 ounce bottle of Clubman will fit into the bottle pictured below......
    71ydTbsKdRL._SL1500_.jpg

11. Troy Garrigues

Troy Garrigues New Member

Crystal hot sauce bottle. 6 oz. Green clubman cap fits. Label will wrap. But looks great

12. jaro

Yeah true but that hot sauce smell is harder to get out, that's why I use the soy sauce ones and have for years. They just work for me. I mean if the hot sauce ones work for you I am glad you found something that you like....

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
  13. ehehat

ehehat Active Member

Has anyone found a flow reducer that will fit the OP's bottle?

14. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

I haven't found them yet for any glass bottles I'd like to try. Been using clubman aftershave for years out of plastic. Always recvd comments and never thought the scent was bad. Just lucky I guess. Looked a few times for replacement glass, but since I didn't want to go through all the reducer finding stuff I guess I'll just let clubman a/s suck as it is lol.

15. jaro

Since I dont have a bottle like the OP maybe if someone else does they could try the reducer from the bottles I mentioned and see if they fit... Also I mean the dollar tree stores sell bottles of soy sauce that have reducers in them and someone could TRY the reducer from one of those that has the same bottle as the OP !! There are PLENTY of items that have a reducer in them from dollar stores and when someone empties one of those bottles they could just try and see !!

16. jaro

As another note IF someone has one of the same bottles as the OP if they would measure the opening it would make it a lot easier for others to help LOOK for reducers that might work !!

17. jaro

18. jaro

19. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Since you always receive comments for it, let's face it, the thing just might be pretty good.

20. ehehat

ehehat Active Member

I ended up going the soy sauce route. Took a while to get the smell out of the plastic soaking in vinegar and lost of soapy water. Haven’t noticed much change in the scent yet but it’s only been a day so we’ll see.

I’d still love to fine a reducer for the OP’s bottle though. While functional, this bottle isn’t much to look at. I’m probably being anal about it lol.