One reason

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by americanshamrock, Mar 18, 2021.

1. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

...the Schick E is my favorite injector
    schick.jpg
    The hydro magic lever found on other Schick models is okay if I shave daily but if I go several days between shaves the ability to fully open up the razor for cleaning is genius.
    Thoughts from my fellow denizens?

brit, battle.munky, Herm2502 and 3 others like this.
  2. BullRush

BullRush New Member

Never used one before, but if I come across it in the wild, I'll give it a go & report back.

americanshamrock and brit like this.
  3. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Awesome shaves to be had from the E2.

Just a note for those thinking of getting one for this wonderful option. It is only on the early E2 models. Later models of the E and G models are not designed to open like this. When you do open them. You run a large risk of taking the s4ension out of the spring. Thus causing for a situation where the blade will not stay seated.

4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Agreed 1000%.

It also makes hand loading loose blades (should you have any) a piece of cake.

americanshamrock, brit and twhite like this.
  5. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

It is as long as the spring is still tight. Once the rivet starts to loosen up you first lose tension on the blade which may or may not be noticeable in blade chatter then once the rivet is loose enough the spring will pop open during the shave and drop the blade. With that said if you have a good razor it will take many years of repeated use before the rivet starts failing.

With that said the E2 depending which variant is one of the most aggressive blade feel injectors ever made. If you can handle that razor there isn't an injector you can't handle.

6. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

The Schick E2 is my favorite injector. I love that it's a bit more aggressive (i.e. efficient) than later models.

Herm

americanshamrock, gorgo2 and brit like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

love my canadian E2..fine shaver..:)

americanshamrock and gorgo2 like this.
  8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

The Golden 500 I believe it's called is very similar in design but I haven't been able to use mine enough. I really don't know how it compares with the E2

americanshamrock likes this.
  9. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

Golden 500 Hydro-lever opening
    hl_g500.png
    It works quite well except when it's been too long between shaves then it gets a little clogged up.

Edison Carter and gorgo2 like this.