Micromatic Monday

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by GAW9576, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Brickman301

Brickman301 Well-Known Member

Monday’s shave
    Gem “G” bar razor
    Synthetic brush
    Barbasol
    Old Spice aftershave [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimjo1031, Ron R and GAW9576 like this.
  2. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

That sure is a nice looking G-Bar.

Ron R and Brickman301 like this.
  3. Brickman301

Brickman301 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I bought it years ago. It was NOS. It shaves as good as it looks!

Ron R and GAW9576 like this.
  4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, April 5th 2021

Razor: Gem Micromatic clog proof(Peerless model 17nib SB)- MFG 1945-46, excellent mid range, well built TTO, great results.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(2) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Irsh country side- mild scent, excellent lather qualities. One of my slickest soaps offering good protection.
    Brush: Yaqi rainbow 26mm brown whiskers, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great scrub + excellent lather painter.
    The handle is a little larger than most but feels really nice in the hand ergonomically.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG t pickups.
    Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gem Peerless Micromatic Clog Pruf + a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these Times!

jimjo1031, GAW9576 and Brickman301 like this.
  5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Tue, April 6th 2021, A.S.R shave today.

Razor: Everready 1914- Mfg 1914-17, one of the best mid range razors that uses a Gem blade, great audio feedback, excellent results with this razor 95%> of the time. Easy razor to work the face + no blade tap overhang.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (2) excellent blade, great longevity, smooths out nicely and very predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Irish country side, excellent soap, mild scent + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Lucky dice 26 mm tuxedo knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips + great scrubber + excellent painter and the handle is great for large handed folks.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera Gel on cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 chin weeper= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my ER 1914 + coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

jimjo1031, GAW9576 and Brickman301 like this.
  6. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday,April 12th 2021

Razor: Gem 1912 NOS- Mfg 1921ish, excellent razor, easy to manipulate around face, good results usually. Gem MFG sold millions of variants over the decades because they where just that good IMO.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(3) excellent blade charteristic's, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
    Soap: Speick- nice spicy scent, excellent lather qualities + good post shave feel.
    Brush: Yaqi boar brush 24mm- after break in method and losing some hairs on the 1st & 2nd cleaning it is performing very well and happy to have a few brushes for a different change of feel while lathering. A few more brushes on the way!
    https://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/breaking-in-a-new-boar-brush-a-little-quicker.65379/
    Pre shave:
    Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Gem 1912 with a coated Gem blade.(it does not get much better for a shave today)
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!

GAW9576 and jimjo1031 like this.
  7. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Gem Junior Razor
    Gem Stainless Blade
    Omega 11711/Yankees Boar Brush
    Victory Shaving Lemon-Lavender-Menthol Soap
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue After Shave

Untitled.jpg

GAW9576 and Ron R like this.
  8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Nice razor, one of my favorites!

jimjo1031 and GAW9576 like this.
  9. GAW9576

Love the baton handles.

10. GAW9576

I had an exceptionally comfortable very close shave today with the Gem MMOC.
    This is one excellent razor. The LaToja face lathered very well with enough left at the end of the shave for at least one more pass.

IMG_12042021_152637_(1400_x_1102_pixel).jpg

Ron R and jimjo1031 like this.
  11. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

A.S.Razor shave today, I have some excellent ASR razors that I really enjoy to use along with my Gem's.

Razor: Star Bar #4 model- Mfg 1919-20 excellent SE,<mid range, one of the last Lather catchers (Kampfe Brothers MFG), Star produced the first safety razors in the USA. This razor has great audio feedback and will give excellent shaves, just a joy to use.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (5) excellent blade characteristic's, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
    Soap: Speick, nice spicy scent with excellent lather qualities, good post shave feel.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm boar brush, nice feel to face, it is a shedder (1 hair)still because it's fairly new. like the handle for grip.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock Emperor aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] excellent shave with my Star bar#4 model + a coated Gem blade.
    (Not a lot of whiskers to shave off from my stellar shave yesterday with the Gem 1912.)
    [​IMG]

12. GAW9576

First shave with a recently acquired ER lather catcher. I have another one but it has a damaged blade stop. This one has good blade stops and came with a nice handle with the stopping attachment that inserts into the end. The shave was quite nice. The Schick N is also a new acquisition and was loaded with a vintage twin blade. Both razors performed beautifully.

IMG_16042021_200619_(1293_x_1300_pixel).jpg

jimjo1031 and Ron R like this.
  13. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Nice ER lather catcher, as for the N injector I think they are a mild razor from my understanding and could of been meant for twin II blade market.

GAW9576 likes this.
  14. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, April 19th, 2021

Razor: Gem Junior Parade with taper baton handle- MFG 1943-45 model, excellent mid range, nice handle to work the face IMO.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(4) Excellent blade, very sharp, good longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore, nice light tobacco & vanilla scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi lucky dice 26 mm Tuxedo knot, excellent lather generator with cloud like soft tips, great scrub+ lather painter.
    Pre shave: brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG +ATG+ pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper= [​IMG] excellent shave with my Gem Jr Parade + Gem coated blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!

15. GAW9576

Thanks. The N shaved pretty good with a twin in it. It will be a while before that blade wears out enough to be switched and try a single.
    Either way I hope to eventually acquire at least one razor from each of the Schick alphabet. This gets me one letter closer.

Ron R likes this.
  16. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

A.S.Razor shave, Tue, April 20th 2021

Razor: Everready 1924 (AKA shovelhead)-1924-33 Excellent mid range, different way of loading from back, easy to manipulate around the face. Everready Stream line strop handle for great grip.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(5) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Cyril R Salter Indian sandalwood cream- nice sandalwood scent, excellent lather qualities + good post shave feel.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo knot with marble handle [​IMG] excellent lather creator, cloud like soft tips, great scrubber+ great lather painter. It seems the loft is perfect for my brush desire for this tuxedo knot 54mm loft.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on my cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Witch hazel + Ogallala Bayrum + sandalwood + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]excellent shave with my ER 1924 shovelhead + a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

17. GAW9576

Having some fun tonight. I saw this somewhere a while ago and just got a chance to try it now. Twin Injector blades in a Gem Micromatic Open Comb. Not something I would do all the time but it was fun trying it. The injector blades ride at a different angle than a Gem blade because the back sits on top of the oval shaped part that fits in a Gem blades oval hole in the middle. The blade is held very securely through.

IMG_20042021_230906_(1010_x_1008_pixel).jpg IMG_20042021_230941_(1388_x_1500_pixel).jpg

jimjo1031, Ron R and jmudrick like this.
  18. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, April 26th 2021

Razor: Gem Jr bar lather catcher- Mfg 1907-11, milder mid range, just a great razor with nice audio feedback, carefree shave!
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (7) excellent blade, very sharp, good longevity, nicely smooths out + predictable.
    Soap: Proraso Red Sandal wood- great lather qualities, different sandalwood scent.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm boar bristle- nice feel to this brush but it is a shedder like they mentioned when buying on the cheap.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Proraso red sandalwood with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gem Jr bar with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

A.S.Razor SOTD, April 27th 2021

Razor: Eveready Streamline 2nd gen- Mfg 1949-53, upper midrange, nice challenging razor to master, great results when mastered.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(8) Excellent blade,very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
    Soap: Proraso red, sandalwood scent, great lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Atlantis 24 mm synthetic knot- excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great backbone for those who like to scrub + great lather painter.
    Post shave: Proraso red aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] excellent shave with my ER Streamline SE + a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

jimjo1031 and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, May 3rd, 2021

Razor: GEM Micromatic clog Pruf(Peerless model 17nib S.B)- MFG 1945, excellent mid range, I get great shaves with this razor, easy to manipulate around the face.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (9) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Speick- triple milled, very nice mild spicy scent, great lather qualities + great post shave feel.
    Brush: Yaqi 24 mm boar brush, it shed hairs at first and still gives up 1 or 2 hairs once in a while but it is my best feeling boar brush of my 2, a joy to use with a great break in procedure I used.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock Emperor with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Gem Micromatic clog Pruf (Peerless, 17 nib S.B) with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]