April 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion. ALL ARE WELCOME!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Mar 31, 2021.

?

What are you shaving plans for April?

1. I am going to exclusively use an adjustable razor.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I am going to exclusively lather with Arko.

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. I am going to exclusively lather with Arko AND use an adjustable razor.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I am going to exclusively make fun of the shavers, who lather with Arko.

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  5. I am going to exclusively shave with whatever suits me.

16 vote(s)
    69.6%
  6. I abhor exclusivity, therefore I am going to sulk and eat cookies.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Though April showers
    May come your way,
    They bring the flowers
    That bloom in May;
    And if it's raining,
    Have no regrets;
    Because, it isn't raining rain, you know,
    It's raining violets.

Welcome one and all to the April edition of The Shave Den® 30DC thread.
    wnwlcnn.jpg
    Spring has officially sprung; the forsythia bushes are blooming (this especially pleases Dr. Mrs. Primo).
    Side story: We had a large forsythia bush at our old house and I would, on occasion, prune it, because it would get so leggy and ugly, etc. Naturally, it would not bloom the following spring and I would be in the doghouse for about a day. This was a yearly occurrence. :chores016:

Back to the subject at hand…
    March is behind us and the 30DC crew had some really great shaves. We had the debut of the @MrEE Limited Edition Brush handles, and they are spectacular. Kudos to Evan for his talent and generosity and congratulations to all the lucky recipients.

Some amazing shaving acquisitions have been acquired and some members are staying strong, despite temptation and enablers, and adhering to a NB ’21. We wish them success.
    lcwl.jpg

Food Glorious food
    We're anxious to try it
    Three banquets a day
    Our favorite diet
    Just picture a great big steak
    Fried, roasted, or stewed
    Oh food! magical food! wonderful
    food! marvelous food!

I never realized what culinary talent we have at TSD! @jluc has been making our mouths water with his sous vide creations, as well as some fantastic flat-top food. Firing up the grill is one of my favorite past-times, as well. I am getting hungry typing this...:eatdrink020:

Let’s get to the subject of this post:
    What is the 30DC “Rule”?

Take ONE razor, ONE blade, ONE brush, ONE soap/cream and use them EVERYDAY this month.
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

This is a real challenge.
    :signs011:
    Not everyone is willing, able, nor capable of it.
    :rolleyes005::rolleyes005::rolleyes005::rolleyes005::rolleyes005::rolleyes005::rolleyes005::rolleyes005::rolleyes005::rolleyes005::rolleyes005::rolleyes005::rolleyes005::rolleyes005::rolleyes005::rolleyes005:
    It takes a vast amount of discipline and the commitment is serious. However, if you want to master your gear; your technique and your shaves, there is NO better way in which to do so. Period.
    Who’s up for it this month? :signs002:
    For a lesser intense, yet still a challenge, we have an alternative:
    The 30 Day “Focus”.
    Vary the gear for each shave, save, for perhaps, one or two elements. You could use one soap for the month; you could master that new 13/8 cleaver, you call a straight edge… @Trigger ;)

This is a doable challenge that every shaver should try. Afterall, that how our fathers’ shaved.

There are some general rules that must be observed, and for the sake of clarity, I hereby post them for all to read:

1. New Members always welcome. Start anytime.
    2. Old Members always welcome.
    3. Respect everyone.

4. Refrain from political conversation.**
    ** This includes, but is not limited to: Covid-19, treatments and/or advice.
    Please keep these discussions off of this thread and indeed, off of TSD.

In the past, April has been considered “Adjustable April”. I think that is a fine subject for this month, so if you have an adjustable razor gathering dust, this is the time to break it out and give it a go. As far as “Arko April” goes…that’s going to be optional. However, if Arko’s your thing, let ‘er rip.

Now it’s time to have another month of great shaves. Let’s share our knowledge in our posts. There is another thread for just the beautiful shave photos. This is the “learning and teaching” thread.

"To Shave, Share, Support and Educate"©

Droo78, Hembree, JACarbone and 11 others like this.
  2. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

I think that it will be a no theme month for me. I will just choose whatever gear that suits me for the day. However, I will be doing a Rockwell razor focus starting April 11 and ending April 18. Although U have the 6C and Model T, I will be using the T for that week. Moreover, I will be occasionally using Arko, Tabac, Clubman Classic and of course, the Veg. I highly doubt that I will get my 13/8 ArtRazor 1000 this month to do a mini focus, but if it does come in than it will make it's debut. Realistically, I am looking at May and that would be fine with me because using that humongous razor would be perfect for May Mayhem.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    b1hart, Droo78, Hembree and 9 others like this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'm in for another month of fun and education-shavewise. I might try for an Agadir Week in this month that begins with A. Will be a challenge for me, as I haven't gone more than 3 days with the same arsenal. We'll see if I get it in. I just used Agadir (A.S.)a short time ago, but "A" means "A", after all. I will begin the month with another "special week"(though not each day with the same arsenal). You'll see in the SOTD thread. I also may be faced with ending my NB, as I received Evan's brush handle and now need to get a knot for it. I expect that would be my ONLY purchase this year, but one purchase doesn't count in an NB year. But otherwise, as always I look forward to the fun and friendship of this group of ours as we plow through another month together. Here's to great shaves for all!!

b1hart, Hembree, JACarbone and 9 others like this.
  4. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

April will be another month of daily shaves with no consistency other than using straights for my mug and safety razors for the dome. Soap/Cream wise I may branch out from my regular MWF and Nancy Boy a bit into using some of the many other soaps I’ve been gifted that are sitting unused in the cabinet. I do expect to be shaving with my two latest aquisitions, my new stubtail restored by Glen Mercurio and the modern pattern welded Damascus razor from Vic Creazzi, “Bone Mosaic” more frequently than my other straights. Looking forward to seeing the regular crew and any and all returnees/newcomers. :)

b1hart, Droo78, Hembree and 11 others like this.
  5. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

I'm in for Astra Planeta April. I'll be using the same software, brush and blade for the entire month. Razor swap after every third shave.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

6. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

APRil will be PRoraso cream and aftershave for me and RaPiRa blades. I should receive my ATT Windsor Pro on Saturday, April 3 and it will be locked in for the rest of the month of daily shaves. I expect to use 4 blades during the month, but reserve the option of changing sooner or extending as long as the blade lasts.

7. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Troy!

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

Hembree, jgreenepa, JACarbone and 3 others like this.
  8. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

April.

30 days to master one pass shave.

1 precise hybrid ATG/XTG pass
    1959 Gillette 195 Adjustable
    Sharp Star
    L'Occitane Plisson Shave Brush
    Route 66 Lumberjack

Applied with the greatest Kung Fu style...

Anyone wanna do grail shaves for the month April?

All you need...

Whatever you want to use

Alum

Goal:

Develop fine motor skill that leads t ok the ability hold precise angles and pressure for target area

Here's the basic process

Wash and lather beard
    Apply soap to face and grab some steel
    Skin Stretching
    Quick Clot
    Skin Stretching
    Patience
    Good blade bevel edge
    Skin Stretching
    Rinse and apply alum

You'll figure it out. Ideally, you may be chosen to join the Hungarian Cavalry

Relax.
    Veg.

Its gonna be OK.

Alum and Arko April 2021

Don't get blood on the steel.

9. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

1st April 2021.

72 -.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men DEEP CLEAN Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Cien ~ PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
    Brush: Lider Turkish Boar.
    Face Lather.
    Soap : Derby Shave Stick.
    Blade: Shark Super Stainless .(D2)
    Razor: Weishi 2.0 Adjustable. (Settings) wtg 5, atg + pick ups 6.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. +3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel)./Aloe Vera Gel./ Gummy ~ Traditional Turkish Tobacco Cologne.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

"white rabbit white rabbit white rabbit!"

Last outing of the Shark Super Stainless blade to finish my shaving week & month off using various Lord DE blades...

The Silver Star Super Stainless & Lord Platinum Class are my favourite blades from the lord camp however, the Asco & Shark Super stainless are the smoothest out of them which is my preference in a blade over sharpness. The longevity of the Silver Star Super Stainless & Lord Platinum Class, which i am convinced are the same blade" in different covers? have a nice balance of efficiency & smoothness....Long story short, each of the blades from the Lord camp have gave acceptable shaving results with no intermittent quality problems throughout the month.

The Weishi 2.0 Adjustable/Shark Super Stainless blade duo was a real smooth efficient combo...The Weishi Adjustable performance on the higher settings work wonderfully.

Another enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...A great shave to finish my shaving week...Finishing the shave off in style with a generous splash of Gummy ~ Traditional Turkish Tobacco Cologne.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

b1hart, Droo78, Hembree and 12 others like this.
  10. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Great shave Barry.

Hembree, jgreenepa, JACarbone and 4 others like this.
  11. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Thursday April 1, 2021
    Razor: Gillette RFB SHaDE
    Blade: Astra SP (3)
    Brush: Rubberset 400/Oumo Boar
    Soap: Palmolive Stick
    AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
    AS 2: Palomolive Splash
    Fragrance: Dragonsbeard EDP

Early out the door for 3 appointments for my FIL at VA in Lexington. Great shave although this tall Oumo Boar never seems to have enough lather for the 3rd pass. Easy fix with adding soap from a shave stick. Great Palmolive lather and the RFB is just sooooo smoooooth ! Have a stellar Day folks !
    IMG_20210331_121135971.jpg

12. Primotenore

Article Team
    :happy088:

13. Primotenore

Article Team
    @JACarbone
    "Wonderful shave Joe. How many Gustavo LaLune’s do you have in the den? Another beauty!"

Thank you, Joe. The thread was locked before I had an opportunity to respond. I only have the one Lalune. I was very fortunate to find one on a BST thread for a very reasonable price, considering the last one that was for sale on Jarrod's website was over $600. :shocked003:
    (That was never going to happen) ;)

14. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

Thank you Patrick...Take care, and enjoy your day.:cool:

9nein9, Hembree, jgreenepa and 4 others like this.
  15. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great shave and recap Barry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hembree, jgreenepa, JACarbone and 2 others like this.
  16. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great looking shave Dave. Good luck with the FIL at the VA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hembree, jgreenepa, JACarbone and 2 others like this.
  17. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

SOTD 20210401 Quarantotto
    by IschiaPP @ Forio
    •••
    Institut Karité Paris Elixir de Beauté
    (Huile de Karité & Pépin de Raisin)
    ---
    Bat71 Chubby Plus
    Prugno (Plum Wood), Frank Shaving, Finest 2-band, 26x50x110mm
    ---
    Floris London Elite
    Preshave Soap & Shaving Soap & EDP Vapo
    ---
    Quattroquarti by Angelo Marin (aka Haza@ilRasoio)
    New England Razor Co, England Carbon Steel, 19x65mm (6/8"), Spine 6mm,
    Full Hollow, Square Point Shorted & Muted, No Jimps, No Deco, Mono Stab,
    Blonde Horn Hamlet Custom Style
    •••
    #Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
    #ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan
    #CutThroatRazor #StraightRazor #Custom

[​IMG]

Full size:
    https://imgur.com/uxYpGG8
    Soundtrack:
    Thievery Corporation - Heaven's Gonna Burn Your Eyes

b1hart, Droo78, Edison Carter and 9 others like this.
  18. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

A much as I love my Adjustable razors I cannot exclusively just use the adjustable. I gotta branch out my shave wings and use other razors this month.

19. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

Fantastic shave Dave!

Hembree, jgreenepa, JACarbone and 4 others like this.
  20. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Very nice setup and shave Barry!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.