RazorockS

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by brit, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Mike-R41

Mike-R41 Well-Known Member

CC155B71-1C44-4807-9E6D-00265BF7FB60.jpeg

BigD, TestDepth, brit and 3 others like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I enjoyed the "Acqua" soap, but I didn't buy the matching aftershave. Now I have two soaps- "Gold" and "Tuscan Oud". Good stuff, all right.

Aztecmike likes this.
  3. Mike-R41

Mike-R41 Well-Known Member

I didn’t use Aqua yet, I used the Dead Sea in my last shave and going to use plague Doctor next!!!

Paul Turner likes this.
  4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Wed, April 7th 2021

Razor: Razorock 2nd gen Lupo.72SB- MFG 2021, excellent mid range, very smooth razor for a mid range, carefree shave, excellent results from the Lupo & very happy with this Lupo purchase.
    Blade: Polsilver SI(5) excellent blade, Sharp & smooth with good longevity.
    Soap: Razorock Don Marco- nice citrus scent, good lather qualities, good post shave feel.
    Brush: Yaqi Chianti's 24mm- excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrub + great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock Amici with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] Excellent shave with my RR 2nd gen Lupo .72 + Polsilver SI blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

BigD, TestDepth, Ksblazer and 4 others like this.
  5. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

20210412_194954.jpg
    1955 Gillette Diplomat - A2
    Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge
    MrEE Limited Edition #019
    w/Ultra Density HMW Silvertip Badger
    Razorock Gold Shave Soap & Splash

BigD, TestDepth, brit and 2 others like this.
  6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I have the Gold soap. Good stuff.

Aztecmike likes this.
  7. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Acqua, Gold, & Tuscan Oud are some of my favorite Razorock soaps & splashes as well. :happy088: Love their price point too. ;)

8. wormspank

wormspank New Member

I really love their German 37 slant razor. I also have the Black Hawk V2, but I haven't had a good experience with it. However, this was most likely due to a dud blade that I purchased, and not the razor itself.

Ron R and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  9. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

[​IMG]
    April 18th, 2021

Schick Type E1
    Dutch Schick Platinum
    Rubberset 200-3 Shaving Brush w/ 24mm UHD Silvertip Badger
    Razorock - Tuscan Oud
    Shave Soap & Splash

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
    BigD, Paul Turner, GatorJoe and 4 others like this.
  10. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Wed, April 21st 2021

Razor: Razorock 2nd Gen Lupo .72 - MFG 2021, excellent mid range, well designed for great results, nice carefree shaving IMO.
    Blade: Gillette 7oClock SP (Black)(4) excellent blade Sharp & smooth with good shaves from 1-5 for myself.
    Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24 mm Tuxedo knot- excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips + great scrubber & lather painter.
    Soap: Cyril R Salter Indian sandalwood cream, nice scent with great lather qualities.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera Gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Proraso red Sandalwood with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]Excellent shave with my RR Lupo.72 + a Gillette 7oclock SP(black).
    [​IMG]

11. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Wed, May5th 2021

Razor: Razorock 2nd generation Lupo.72- Mfg 2021> Excellent mid range, easy to manipulate around the face, carefree shave mostly. Best performance Razorock razor consistently I own in my Den.
    Blade: Gillette Astra SS (4) excellent blade, Sharp & smooth with good longevity.
    Soap: Razorock XXX, nice refreshing clean scent + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 26mm Red Zebra [​IMG] , Excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber + great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash the whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my RR Lupo.72 + a Gillette Astra SS blade
    [​IMG]

12. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD

Razor: Razorock Wunderbar slant- 2017> Excellent upper mid range, When technique is good this razor can crank out some close shaves, light touch works well with this razor. I don't think it would be Daily driver for myself but a joy to use regardless.
    Blade: Gillette Astra SS(5) excellent blade, Sharp & Smooth with good longevity.
    Soap: Razorock XXX, One of my favorites, nice refreshing scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Moka 24mm Mew knot, nice eye candy, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips with gentle scrub + great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] Excellent shave with my RR Wunderbar slant + a Astra SS blade.
    [​IMG]

BigD, Paul Turner, TestDepth and 2 others like this.
  13. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

After reading some positive feedback about Razorock Blue Barbershop. I bought a few pucks and finally got around to it today.

I bloomed the puck and took a shower first.

Prep: bloom water from the container.

Soap: Razorock WTP Blue Barbershop

Brush: Semougue OC Boar

Razor: Razorock Gamechanger .84

Blade: Astra SP

Aftershave: Epsilon Mediterranean blue

Lotion: Gillette aftershave gel

Made for a nice shave this morning. Lathered up in a reasonable time as well. The scent is close enough to the Epsilon. So they paired up well as I'd expected. Did 3 passes and ended up with a DFS.

I think this will be staying in my shaving rotation as I really enjoy this type of scent anytime of the year.

14. TestDepth

TestDepth Well-Known Member

Had a very enjoyable all Razorock head shave... brush, suds, razor and splash.
    Huge fan of The Dead Sea soap and this early Hawk Stainless DLC is always a joy.
    8C4063BC-038A-4D86-B739-2C7FC712A2B7.jpeg
    Enjoy your shave.
    Tom

BigD, SHAVEWIZARD420, Ron R and 3 others like this.
  15. brit

brit in a box

awesome razorock shave Tom..:cool:

TestDepth likes this.
  16. TestDepth

TestDepth Well-Known Member

Thank you Gary!

brit likes this.
  17. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

Another shave with RR What the Puck blue barbershop.

It turned out to be a good shave.

Finished it off with some aqua Velva and Gillette aftershave gel.

Ron R, SHAVEWIZARD420 and Paul Turner like this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

tech tuesday
    canadian flat bottom 4 piece tech
    platinum
    razo-rock 400 synthetic
    the dead sea

[​IMG]

BigD, Ron R, SHAVEWIZARD420 and 2 others like this.
  19. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Does anyone notice a difference in scent between Razorock Tuscan Oud soap and the aftershave?? I have had the soap for years now and love that slightly fruity/leathery cologne scent and would LOVE to have this scent as a afterdhave/EDT. recently picked up the aftershave and it smells exactly like Stirling Haverford which is based off a completely different fragrance and smells like tobacco/Vanilla and is based off Tom Ford Tobacco Vanilla.

Have contacted IB about this and was told there might be a SLIGHT difference due to EU regulations. I've had a issue with IB in the past sending me a completely different product than ordered and was told "sorry about my luck" and these being the ONLY issues i have had from buying thousands of dollars of products from many vendors over the years.

but these 2 products are not even on the same planet keep in mind that other people in my household agree that they smell nothing alike. I'm not usually one to make a big deal about things like this but was royally ticked off since im very familiar with Tuscan Oud.

If anyone that has used both the soap and A/S of Tuscan Oud could shed some light on this issue i would really appreciate it. Sorry for the rant just want to know if anyone else has had this issue.

20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Thur, June 10th 2021

Razor: Razorock Game changer.84, Mfg 2018> excellent milder side mid range, well made Stainless steel, smooth shaver, I enjoy this razor with my Kai SS blade.
    Blade: Kai SS(7)- sharp & smooth with great longevity, extra wide blade by .009" thousands of a inch than a standard Gillette giving more blade feel.
    Soap: Razorock XXX, nice refreshing clean scent with excellent lather qualities. One of my favorites.
    Brush: Razorock 24mm Plissoft, excellent lather generator, soft tips, nice scrub + excellent lather painter. 4 years ago top of the line synthetic brush but Oh how times change so quickly. I used this inexpensive brush a lot over the last 3.5 years and still use it.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock XXX[​IMG] with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 weeper(operator error)= [​IMG] excellent shave with my RR GC.84 with a Kai SS blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!