Magical Traveling Box Mystery Tour 2021

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Joewa, Mar 28, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Joewa

Joewa Well-Known Member

Greetings from Washington State

The box has taken a long sojourn to recover from 2020 and is ready to go back in to action again

The qualifications for this round are:

Be a well-known member with at least 100 quality posts, likes, or trophies.

Send me a PM with your real name, mailing address and a working telephone number. I will call you to verify your details.

You understand that the box costs around $20.00 USD to ship to the next person on the list.

You understand that you might not be able to pull $20.00 USD worth of items from the box to make this adventure worth your money.

You must take more from the box than what you put in. (or at least try to)

Upon receiving the box, you will PM the next person on the list and request their mailing address, if you do not have it already, from a previous engagement.

You will hold the box no longer than seven days before shipping to the next person on the list. If you have life problems that prevent you from shipping after seven days, kindly post the delay in this thread.

You will put shaving items in the box, or other collector items into the box. Pens, knives, pipes, etc... Or other items that you post asking an interest for.

Lastly, sign the inner lid with your screen name and dates that you held the box.

Okay, so far the players are:
    Troy M
    Enrico

stingraysrock
    poppi

cliffb599
    IAmTheJody
    @MR41
    Jorvaljr
    Return to the keeper

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2021
  2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I will play again!

Bawx, Bawx, Bawx, Geaux Bawx!

Ijustmissedthe50s, MR41 and cliffb599 like this.
  3. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

I’m in.

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

4. Joewa

Joewa Well-Known Member

Bump.. the more the better. Treat your RAD without breaking your No Buy 2021..

stingraysrock and cliffb599 like this.
  5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I'm in!

Sorry I only just saw this.

:happy093:

6. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I’m in!

Enrico likes this.
  7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

8. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Heck yeah! Count me in! It's been a few years since i participated in a mystery box!

MR41 and Enrico like this.
  9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

More the merrier!

:D

MR41 likes this.
  10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

[​IMG]

MR41 and Enrico like this.
  11. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:happy096: So nice to have you back!

:)

12. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I have a new bottle of Fine's Latigo Aftershave for the "box"

Kind of reminds me of Tabac or English Leather.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    cliffb599 and MR41 like this.
  13. Joewa

Joewa Well-Known Member

Ship now or try to find more suckers ?

cliffb599 likes this.
  14. stingraysrock

I would like to see more participants. Perhaps we should relax the rules a little, or something? Or is covid holding people back?

Perhaps a mod might make it a sticky???

cliffb599 likes this.
  15. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Traveling boxes are fun and sometimes people are interested and sometimes they’re not.
    Before relaxing the rules let’s not forget past issues where the box disappeared.
    Personally I could do my own box around the house since I’ve got enough of everything for the next decade plus.
    I thought about signing up this time but I’ve probably got items from previous boxes that I haven’t used yet.
    I was kinda hoping for another TSD raffle to make donations to and support the forum.
    Maybe keep the offer up for another week or so and then start it. In the past people have joined mid-stream after reading posts and seeing photos.

cliffb599 likes this.
  16. stingraysrock

A raffle sounds like a great idea. I have not checked in with Jo in a while, we should consult her about a raffle before kicking one off.

cliffb599 likes this.
  17. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I'd leave the rules as they are ..... even with them, we've had bad behavior from well known members on rare occasion.

My thought is we all have close friends that may enjoy the Traveling Box and we should just think to invite them.

cliffb599 likes this.
  18. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I have little bit of Avon Leather and Spicy I could be persuaded to add to the box. :D

IMG_1996.JPG

:eatdrink013:

MR41 and cliffb599 like this.
  19. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

I wonder if I actually have anything to contribute to the box. I've used my den down quite a bit and finally have only two (!) soaps left and have recently gone back to tube creams. I've got a few razors laying around, but beyond that, not sure if I should stay in. I do have some fountain pen stuff...

Enrico and cliffb599 like this.
  20. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

Hey whatever you have to contribute would be fine. I’m sure all of us think the same. I Hope. We’re not Picky pretty lade back bunch of guy’s here.

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

Enrico likes this.