April 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion. ALL ARE WELCOME!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Mar 31, 2021.

?

What are you shaving plans for April?

1. I am going to exclusively use an adjustable razor.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I am going to exclusively lather with Arko.

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. I am going to exclusively lather with Arko AND use an adjustable razor.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I am going to exclusively make fun of the shavers, who lather with Arko.

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  5. I am going to exclusively shave with whatever suits me.

16 vote(s)
    69.6%
  6. I abhor exclusivity, therefore I am going to sulk and eat cookies.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Super Saturday shaves Jeff!

2. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Another beautiful photo and shave recap, Barry! You refer to your “precious swede”. What are you referring to? I think it’s British slang and didn’t get it. Just curious! Enjoy your day, my friend! :)

JACarbone, jluc, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  3. jgreenepa

Great shave, Dave! The Timeless .95 does have a great rep. I’ve never shaved with one, and fortunately have enough great safety razors not to be tempted. Enjoy your day, my friend, and tell that boss of yours to go easy on you this next week! :)

JACarbone, Dave in KY, jluc and 2 others like this.
  4. jgreenepa

Thanks, Joe! The shave was great, but my feet are killing me! :(

5. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

Thank you Jeff.:cool:. My “precious swede” is local slang for someone's head....It's also referred to as a "Turnip"..In the UK we have slang words & dialect for everything . You only have to travel 5-7 miles and the dialect is completely different to mine.

6. Trigger

Hi guys! Yuri Kravchenko of ArtRazor sent me pics of my 13/8 custom blade and the blue color for my scales. Here are the pics: received_3653601728082614.jpeg received_201150444832740.jpeg received_297336535180241.jpeg

jtspartan, Hembree, Keithmax and 11 others like this.
  7. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Beautiful B&W photo Barry with an excellent shave report.

Fantastic photos and shave recap Dave.

Awesome shave lineup and photo Jeff. I hope you feel better soon.

8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

9. Trigger

Thanks Clint. It just has to be scaled and then I have to pay the balance before it is shipped from the Ukraine.

10. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

JACarbone, clint64, jgreenepa and 2 others like this.
  11. Trigger

Thanks Charlie! How are you and your lovely bride doing?

12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

For this morning, I closed out the Classic 2 soap/Stoylin Unscented A.S. combo. Got good results overall. 2 passes. No cuts or Knicks. I didn't get all the "Astroturf" I wanted at North Porcupine Alley, but I'd rather miss than cause a cut. Better be safe than sorry. But the goal is to GET'EM ALL. I did well at South Porcupine. Cactus Nation loosks fine. Super Duper Excellent. After the shave, I did some dabbing on my wrists and the sides of my neck with Private Oud(the "big" one, at 12 ML. I say big compared to the 5 samples. A reviewer of one of the samples wrote "One spritz and that's all you need"). Might need two or three dabs of the 12 lb monster, but then I'd rather be safe than sorry(didn't I just say that??). I read something interesting about colognes/perfumes....better to use them in the fall/winter than spring/summer, as during the latter times you deal with moisture on the skin, which isn't a good combination with colognes/perfumes.

13. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

14. Trigger

Thanks Jim!

15. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

April 10th
    Razor: Gillette Fatboy E4
    Blade: Ladas SuperStainless (2)
    Brush: Heritage Collection dubl duck/ gelled boar
    Pre-shave: PAA Cube
    Soap: PAA Astra Planeta
    PAA Galactic Witch Hazel
    PAA Astra Planeta Star Jelly
    AS: PAA Astra Planeta

Good morning!

Super shave to start the day! Three passes for near BBS. Completely silent alum.

Have a great day!

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

16. jgreenepa

Shave Hatchet #2! Congratulations, Joe! Yuri has a great reputation on the straight razor boards. He’s one of the few dedicated razorsmiths who does a bellied extra hollow grind on the extra wide blades so popular now! I know you’ll enjoy it when it arrives. I’m waiting on the new Tedalus Barber’s razor due out at the end of May or early June. I may also pick up another Victor Creazzi razor. :)

17. jgreenepa

Thanks, Clint, but unfortunately, this is something I just have to live with. Modern medical drugs that treat it have too many awful side effects. I belong to a neuropathy support group and will be trying an OTC supplement members of my group have had success with! Being a geezer has some benefits, but it sure ain’t for sissies as my grandfather used to say! ;)

18. Trigger

Thanks Jeff! I am not a fan of extra hollow blades and bellies. On the wide blades, I prefer half hollow grinds. His artwork on the blade face is very good. He has a very good rep and of course I am a member of his FB group. I am glad that you are considering another Creazzi creation.

19. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

@Trigger , for some reason I wasn't allowed to directly reply to your stinging insects post, so I'll do it this way-I suppose that does make sense, but I hope no stinging insects fly into the gym this morning, where I'll be later.

JACarbone, jgreenepa, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  20. Trigger

Awesome shave Jim!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.