Stupid move of the day

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Claude Stewart, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Claude Stewart

Claude Stewart Well-Known Member

Was up bright and early. Picked up from where I left last night and began stropping my Friedr ERN.

While so mindlessly letting the razor travel up and down the smooth leather of the strop. It slipped out of my hand.
    :signs081:

This is where the stupid move of the day comes in.

Like a champ with cat like reflexes, I automatically caught the falling open razor. :angry019:

Well, the good news, its so sharp I didn't know I was cut in two different places until, of course, the blood started flowing. :angry017:

Anyone else wish to proclaim their stupid move of the day? Just asking so, you know, I don't feel alone in my stupidity... :sad023:

stupid.jpg

2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Ouch. Sorry that happened. I have posted this before, but I made a bone-headed maneuver once and caught my LEFT knuckle, nearly shearing it off. Bled like a stuck pig.
    IMG_9599.JPG

3. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Ouch....reflexes will get us in trouble.

Karl G likes this.
  4. Claude Stewart

OUCH

Hembree and Karl G like this.
  5. Mr. Oldschool

Mr. Oldschool Johnny Dangerously

This was well over a year ago, but one time when I was cleaning up my John Williams, I stupidly held it open by the scales while I looked closely at the pivot, only to have it swing closed like a guillotine on the base of my thumb. I still have the scar, as pictured. Never mind the cat bite, had to trim some claws this morning...[​IMG]

Sent from my LGUS992 using Tapatalk

Keithmax, Hembree, Karl G and 2 others like this.
  6. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

My voice used to be deeper.

:eek:

BigMike, Keithmax, Enrico and 3 others like this.
  7. Claude Stewart

Aahhhh, the old FRENCH technique?

Hembree, Karl G and Mr. Oldschool like this.
  8. Claude Stewart

Lol

Hembree, Edison Carter and Karl G like this.
  9. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    20210414_190926.jpg
    I'm a boilermaker, so the grime never really goes away. Took the top of my knuckle off with a razor blade. Super glue is amazing stuff, but burns a bit. Saved me a trip to the hospital though.

10. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I'm a believer in home medicine (with common sense). It's got to the point my boys would say "Dad I cut myself". I'd look at it and ask if they feel like waiting two to three hours, they'd answer go ahead fix it dad.

I know my limits ..... my oldest came to me with a scalp laceration asking me to fix him up. I saw it was deep and it would show if it scarred; so I had him go to urgent care ...... scarred worst than if I did it. :angry019:

I usually drive drills in to my hand, not straights.

:signs097:

11. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Even I'm not stupid enough to try to catch straight razors or knives.

Did that with an SE blade, cutting hair out of a knot for a re-knotting project. After I healed up, broke the handle when I drilled out the knot, so the pain wasn't worth the gain.

12. lottenhem

lottenhem Well-Known Member

You are not stupid, you are the hero of the day! Think what could have happened if the razor have hit the floor and it would most probably cracked the blade . It is easier to repair some cuts .
    I would most certainly have made the same thing as you did...
    The famous reptile brain in the human head

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Karl G, Edison Carter and Keithmax like this.
  13. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I have several but I did not take pictures preferring to minimize the evidence. Cuts to my strop, finger, and face... all in separate events.

14. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Guess my reflexes towards a falling sharp object, be it a straight razor or open pocket knife, is a little different. Both arms go straight out to the sides, feet jump wide apart.

Edison Carter likes this.