Social Media hiatus

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Troy M, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

I survived the election postings on Facebook and Instagram by hiding everyone in my family and hiding many of my old college friends. But I still found myself wasting too much time on those silly platforms.

So I deactivated all of my personal accounts but kept my business/school profiles to manage my FFA pages (I refuse all friendship/follower requests). I also went ahead and dropped Snapchat and TikTok - I only followed my oldest son’s dog’s channel and a 13 year old niece - I know I won’t miss much.

Anyone else get away from the social media game? I know several will chime in with “never used it” and that’s good to hear, but would like to hear from regular social media users and how it went when you left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zykris, gorgo2, brit and 1 other person like this.
  2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Facebook: Never
    Instagram: Never
    Snapchat: Never
    TikTok: Never
    TSD: Often. ;)

3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

This

Paul Turner, brit, Hembree and 2 others like this.
  4. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I look at Instagram but rarely post. Sometimes restaurants give a discount. I don’t don any other SNS sites except TSD.

5. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Besides here, I have Facebook so I can keep in touch with family and friends, especially from high school friends.

Keithmax, brit, Hembree and 1 other person like this.
  6. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Me three

brit and Hembree like this.
  7. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Facebook: Often
    TikTok: Seldom

iFunny: Often
    TSD: Often.

Facebook is my guide to identifiying tools, and sometimes purchasing them. iFunny is my meme feed. TSD is where I go when I want to contemplate shaving related stuff.

Keithmax, Paul Turner, brit and 2 others like this.
  8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Yup

brit, Hembree and Troy M like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

dropped f book and the other shave forums.just here..:)..not tried the others..

Keithmax, Hembree and Troy M like this.
  10. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

:signs011:

Troy M and brit like this.
  11. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I don't do Tik Tok, Instagram, Snap Chat. I do Facebook a little. But a couple months ago I found I was spending too much time on FB. Then it asked for my password which I did not remember. Rather than reset my password, I just didn't log in for a couple months. I found my mood to improve and I felt less stressed. I signed back on about a week ago but I'm not spending all that much time anymore. Social media is extremely over rated. That said, there are several forums that I enjoy participating in. Shaving, coffee, biking and drumming.

Keithmax, Enrico, Primotenore and 3 others like this.
  12. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Facebook: Not since 2017 and not missing it at all!
    TikTok: Never
    B&B: Rarely
    TSD: Often

Playing records: Every day :happy093:

Forget the hyped up news, the ridiculous politics and paranoia. Remind those around you love them and keep your sanity.:eatdrink013:

Keithmax, brit, Troy M and 1 other person like this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

:):eatdrink047:

Enrico and Troy M like this.
  14. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

I've survived 36 hours quite easily without the biggies, but I've had relatives reach out and ask where I've been with my posts. But, my perusing of TSD has gone up! Oh and the battery on my phone is lasting quite a bit longer.

Keithmax, Paul Turner, Enrico and 2 others like this.
  15. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

I was on Facebook, and I still keep up with family on there. I hide a few friends who were going crazy.

Ultimately I concluded I was either preaching to the choir or alienating friends so I just stopped posting anything but family moments.

Either I'm filtered out on a lot of posts or most of my friends feel the same way I do and just don't post much anymore. Both are possible. I think a lot of people are just tired of the drama.

So TSD most days. Facebook once or twice a week, focusing on communicating with family. That's it.

brit, Keithmax and Troy M like this.
  16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

As I said before, my sister keeps trying to talk me into joining Facebook, but my reply is always the same "I got TSD, that's good enough f0r me".

brit, Enrico, Keithmax and 1 other person like this.
  17. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

We have a coffee thread here, y'know.

brit likes this.
  18. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

:signs011:

brit likes this.
  19. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

This place and one or two other old-style forums is the extent of my social mediaing, pretty much.

To me, Facebook is digital equivalent of diarrhea. Twitter is tertiary syphilis. Whenever possible I avoid giving $ to people who are on record as despising me. There are alternatives.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    Hembree, brit, Enrico and 1 other person like this.
  20. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

No social media at all.
    Does TSD count?

Enrico and brit like this.