Magical Traveling Box Mystery Tour 2021

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Joewa, Mar 28, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Enjoy yourself.

:)

2. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Missed joining by that much!
    :sad038:

:yoda

Enrico likes this.
  3. Joewa

Joewa Well-Known Member

still room if you want in

IAmTheJody and Enrico like this.
  4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Come join the fun @IAmTheJody the more the merrier.

:eatdrink047:

IAmTheJody likes this.
  5. Joewa

Joewa Well-Known Member

Your in.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  6. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

So just a question of protocol. I’ve taken out more than I put in, barely...do I need “approval” for what I’ve taken or left? Or just keep fondling the stuff and in a few days send it to the next?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enrico likes this.
  7. Joewa

Joewa Well-Known Member

Eyeing Fondling and Flip/Flopping is allowed for a week.. please enjoy your time with the box.
    Photos of you enjoying the box and what you are EFFFing (Eyeing Fondling and Flip/Flopping) are encouraged.

cliffb599 and Enrico like this.
  8. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Ditto!

Enrico likes this.
  9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

No need for approval, but we do like pics and commentary on what you've enjoyed (or not) about the box and it's items.

:eatdrink013:

Joewa likes this.
  10. IAmTheJody

Awesome! Thank you!
    :git:

11. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

No fondling without posting pics

Enrico, cliffb599 and Troy M like this.
  12. Troy M

[​IMG]
    Such a giant pile of really good stuff! I’ve had the box since Monday and have pulled it all out and looked it over and wondered. So much fun! And the items are not cheapos! No, there is great quality in the box.

After much waffling, smelling and internal debating, I came up with my takes.

[​IMG]
    I’m pretty soap poor now, so seeing and smelling some was fun. I also have a hard time passing up a NEW LC. The Old style Suplex looks plenty aggressive and since I’ve not had an injector since my old Schlick Stick back in my high school days, it seemed about time. The little heavy synthetic brush called to me. Oh and a frisbee golf driver completed my takes.

I strongly considered the apothecary mug and badger brush, but I just couldn’t make them fit with my den and my style.

I put a few bits and bobs from my den, some vintage razors and some new stuff from other parts of my hoarded collection of notebooks and pens.

The box will head on its journey to @Enrico tomorrow.

13. Joewa

Joewa Well-Known Member

Good takes... You disk Golf often ?

14. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Great takes! Those New LC give great shaves, but you'll be surprised how mild the Suplex is. Careful of the butterscotch Schick it's more efficient than the Schick stick. I'm glad you like the brush ..... it's a one of a kind that you'll not see again.

:happy088:

Troy M and cliffb599 like this.
  15. Troy M

Maybe once a month. Need to get out more. I need something besides biking and kayaking and yard work for activities.

Enrico and cliffb599 like this.
  16. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

It's late, but I wanted to let everyone the the box arrived. mostly safe and sound. No fault to @Troy M things happen and USPS can be extremely rough on packages. So far the only casualties are the Henri etVictoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars shaving balm and the Godrej shaving cream (cool menthol).

As I said no worries and on the plus it make more room for my adds. A lot of cool stuff and I really want to try out the Karve.

I like to think of my time with the box is not just time to look at interesting things, but to be a caretaker of the box; maybe clean up some razors before sending them on there way or pull things that get damaged in the travel.

I'll post more tomorrow.

:happy088:

cliffb599 and IAmTheJody like this.
  17. IAmTheJody

Goodness. I've got tons of stuff to unload. This rule is going to be practically impossible. Not to mention since I am last, there may not be much left for me to overcome this rule.
    :happy097::happy102::happy102::happy108:

cliffb599, stingraysrock and Enrico like this.
  18. Joewa

Joewa Well-Known Member

@Enrico

Did you try out the Enoch ?

cliffb599 and Enrico like this.
  19. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I haven't yet, but it does look amazing!

cliffb599 likes this.
  20. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Initial gives ......

IMG_2046.jpg

:eatdrink047:

IAmTheJody, cliffb599 and Troy M like this.