Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

cool autostrop..:cool:

GAW9576 likes this.
  2. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Here are some pictures. I put a Pal blue carbon behind the Gem blade to show the difference in n size better. Hope they help.

1619643727752.jpg 1619644142931.jpg 1619644108623.jpg

jimjo1031, brit, Ron R and 2 others like this.
  3. GAW9576

I had a super comfortable shave with the Henckels Rapides today. Well once I switched out the Pal blue carbon I started with for a 5th use Gem SS PTFE. I know some people love the carbon blades but they just don't do it for me.
    I'm continuing to use the Dragon's Blood soap a friend made me. The lather was better today. I used the Puck directly on wet skin an then face lathered. I also experimented a little with making a bowl lather with the soap and which hazel instead of water. The results were interesting but that would get expensive to do often.

IMG_28042021_171032_(1025_x_1050_pixel).jpg

jimjo1031, brit, Jayaruh and 6 others like this.
  4. SlimGem

SlimGem Well-Known Member

04-28-2021
    Pre-shave: Warm water
    Soap: Pré de Provence No. 63
    Brush: #375 Synthetic - Handmade by @Jayaruh
    Razor: 3d printed SE lather catcher
    Blade: GEM Coated SS
    Post-shave: Fine - Santal Absolut
    IMG_3643_2M.JPG

jimjo1031, brit, Jayaruh and 6 others like this.
  5. GAW9576

I really like the look of that razor. Especially the burnt orange/copper head and the Baton style handle is really cool.

MPF9 and SlimGem like this.
  6. SlimGem

SlimGem Well-Known Member

Thanks! I never understood the big fuss with the baton handles. Now I know. :)

Electrif, GAW9576 and Ron R like this.
  7. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Thursday 29th April
    Raptor 3D SE
    GEM Stainless Coated #3

[​IMG]

8. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Thursday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    START Shave Cream
    Jayaruh #403 Synthetic
    Razorock Black Hawk
    Feather Professional
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Musk

The START Shave Cream lathered well with Jayaruh #403 Synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Razorock Black Hawk razor with a Feather Professional blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

9. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 29th April

Cyril Salter / MS. ED2band
    Lea Classic soap
    Schick I1
    Schick S/S Twin -Japan [ 1 ]
    Lea Classic A/S Lotion

After a rather off track Shave yesterday -using Gem MM with a Twin Blade, am back to normal today. A very nice Shave with this Schick which is a good choice for those wishing to try a Twin blade Shave, but are not keen on longer handled models.

IMG_1428.jpg

10. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Thur, April 29th 2021

Razor: Valet Autostrop c1, Canadian variant- Mfg 1920's, modified gap from .011 to .007 to smooth the razor out, easy shave today. Not much to shave because of excellent shave yesterday.
    Blade: Modified Gem SS PTFE (5) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
    Soap: Tabac, nice mild flowery scent, great lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm Atlantis synthetic- excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great backbone for scrub + great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG +ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Nivea refreshing aftershave + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Valet Autostrop C1 with a Gem coated blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

11. GAW9576

Yeah I have 3 vintage Baton handles. 2 different black ones and a Red one. I really like them and hope to find a decent price on a dark blue one.

Ijustmissedthe50s and SlimGem like this.
  12. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick Type G Canadian made injector, vintage Schick Platinum plus blade, shave 4
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

This razor has quickly become one of my favorites. It combines the sharpness of an American made E3 with the mildness of an American made G1 injector. If I never had another razor this one could be my daily driver with no complaints at all but it isn't and won't be since this is a hobby to me and not a marriage to a razor. It is also a certified beard buster taking over a weeks growth off like it wasn't there. End result BBS finish achieved.

13. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Friday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    START Shave Cream
    Jayaruh #403 Synthetic
    Cobra Classic
    Feather Professional
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Musk

The START Shave Cream lathered well with Jayaruh #403 Synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Cobra Classic razor with a Feather Professional blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

14. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Saturday 1st May
    Ever Ready Natural Angle 'HFT'
    GEM Stainless Coated #4

[​IMG]

15. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 1st May.

RR 400. SE - Plissoft noir
    Stirling Baker Street
    Schick I1
    Schick I1
    Schick S/S Twin - Japan [ 2 ]
    Alcolado Glacial A/S Splash.

Though I had Two days heavy growth this Razor /Blade combo was excellent. I have found out that slower measured strokes work best when using a Twin blade. Today with my little used Stirling soap the Shave was very satisfying as a truly close all round finish was attained without any fuss.

IMG_1432.jpg

Last edited: May 1, 2021
  16. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Saturday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    START Shave Cream
    Jayaruh #403 Synthetic
    Wood Handle Enders Speed Shaver
    Schick Proline B20
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Musk

The START Shave Cream lathered well with Jayaruh #403 Synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Wood Handle Enders Speed Shaver razor with a Schick Proline B20 injector blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

17. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Tallow + Steel | Dark
    Ariana & Evans Retro Shaving Brush | Synthetic 24 mm
    Durham-Enders | Enders Speed Shaver | Schick Proline B-20
    Eight & Bob | Nuit de Megève

[​IMG]

18. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

Had a WIN_20210429_19_27_54_Pro resized.jpg BBS fantastic shave today with my beloved Valet Auto Strop, fresh Feather blade and NOS Seaforth! shaving kit!

MPF9, jimjo1031, SlimGem and 6 others like this.
  19. GAW9576

20. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    START Shave Cream
    Jayaruh #403 Synthetic
    Ever-Ready Lather Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Musk

The START Shave Cream lathered well with Jayaruh #403 Synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Ever-Ready Lather Catcher with a Personna GEM SS PTFE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

MPF9, jimjo1031, SlimGem and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.