April 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion. ALL ARE WELCOME!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Mar 31, 2021.

?

What are you shaving plans for April?

1. I am going to exclusively use an adjustable razor.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I am going to exclusively lather with Arko.

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. I am going to exclusively lather with Arko AND use an adjustable razor.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I am going to exclusively make fun of the shavers, who lather with Arko.

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  5. I am going to exclusively shave with whatever suits me.

16 vote(s)
    69.6%
  6. I abhor exclusivity, therefore I am going to sulk and eat cookies.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Fantastic Fatboy Fat Friday Danny!

2. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

I wrapped up the 30 day rule/focus with another DFS with the ATT Windsor. I may have actually found the One Razor. I purchased this razor is a quest to replace my late Weber that I foolishly sold 5 or 6 years ago. Once I dialed it in, I've had nothing but near BBS shaves every day. The only bad day was with a really crappy soap and that stuff got washed away. I pulled out some TSD soap the last couple of shaves and it performed well. I tried a badger brush once, but will go back to synthetics exclusively and will go back to the Proraso in May (maybe). The Windsor likes Astra blades and I just happen to have enough for 103 weeks of shaving...

3. Trigger

It is another good shave Paul!

JACarbone, Hembree, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  4. Trigger

Veddy nice shave Troy. Unfortunately, Webers are no longer produced.

5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Thanks Joe....all was well. I've seen guys have soap over their beards and just wipe it off later without shaving, as I did today.

6. Trigger

Wonderful shaves Jeff! I know that you are not a fan of the Fatboy, but I am glad you brought it out to play. Next month is mayhem time. I am not creative, but I will use my Mad Max and hopefully Artie for most of the month. That's enough mayhem for me! Lol!

JACarbone, Keithmax, Hembree and 2 others like this.
  7. Trigger

Good to hear! You will find that there really isn't any need to buy expensive stones, lapping plate and other honing accessories. You can resuse these films for 12 honings before you need to cut fresh ones. I have enough films to last me for years. It really is the least expensive and almost fool proof way to sharpen straight razors. I am glad that you and I are "film stars". Lol!

8. Trigger

Congrats on sticking to your focus Jim!

9. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Yep. I actually had 2. 1 is in the hands of my 2nd son. I thought maybe the Blackbird would be the perfect replacement and it is a fantastic razor. The Windsor, however, I think not only replaces the Weber, I feel like mine surpasses the Weber in every way. Mild, yet efficient on my face and the quality is certainly great. I did not have the 'wavy blade' that some experienced with the Weber, but the ATT razor is just overall a fantastic piece of steel that holds a sharp blade.

10. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

Quick fat boy 3 pass shave on setting 9. First bow lather in months.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brit, wristwatchb, JACarbone and 11 others like this.
  11. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Excellent Focus, James. :happy088:

12. Primotenore

Article Team
    Great month of shaves, Clint. Looking forward to your May contributions.

13. Primotenore

Article Team
    Great shave, Danny. Thanks for sharing in April. See you in May!

14. Primotenore

Article Team
    Paul, I don't think I have ever loaded a soap for that little of time. Work it MUCH longer. You have to really dig into the product. The first "foam" is what some call "proto-lather" and it is basically useless. In May, load your soaps 3x as long or more. Better too much, than too watery.

15. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Another great shave with one of your favorite slants, Dave! Enjoy your day! :)

16. jgreenepa

Terrific Yates shave! Glad you like the new Simpson brush! You’re reflection just reinforces the 30DC Maxim, that technique trumps tools! I always enjoy your experienced, thoughtful insights, Clint! I hope your headaches subside! All the best to you and yours as we hit Mayhem tomorrow! :D

17. Trigger

I have been telling him that as well. He should not time it. However, 200 -300 swirls on the puck should do it. I should pm a special video just for him on how to load the brush and lather the face.

18. jgreenepa

I remember splashing Royal Copenhagen on the day of my first wedding, November 12, 1970, Danny. Glad you’re enjoying it. I remember liking it a lot. Enjoy your day. :)

19. jgreenepa

Fabulous photo of one of your signature shinies, Jim! Enjoy your day! :)

20. jgreenepa

Tremendous shave, Troy! You’ve found your grail razor! Congratulations! I have too dang many great razors. Enjoy your day! :)

JACarbone, Hembree, clint64 and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.