May 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion. All are welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Apr 30, 2021.

?

What's your plan for "Mayhem" May?

1. I plan on shaving with a DE blade, duck taped to a popsicle stick.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I plan on shaving with a Bowie Knife.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I plan on shaving with a Stihl chain saw.

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. I plan on shaving with a rusty tin can lid.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I plan on NOT contracting tetanus.

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. I plan on eating many cookies.

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  7. I plan on, once again, ignoring stupid polls.

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Great shave Andrew :)

2. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

For May I will be holding people's beer and watching their stunt shaving. :eatdrink047:

This month I will pick a weekly theme for my straight razor shaves.

The first week is big razor week and leading the way is a 7/8 Koraat that is 1/4 hollow. This razor has some heft to her. The brush is a huge one too, a Silverloaf handle with a Shavemac flat top. An excellent shave to start the month. Fahrenheit is classic, for you frag heads I recommend at least giving this icon a try.
    ID - 2 (1).jpeg

Sunday shave features a big piece of steel, a smiling Silverloaf that is 8/8 and a near wedge. You know the saying to 'let the weight of the razor do the work,' not this this big girl. You need use some negative pressure. MdC Fougere with some liquid lanolin always delivers a fine lather. A Thater 2 band was perfect to work the hard MdC. Everything was going great so added an extra WTG pass to finish the shave. Epic results. I have changed out my frags for the weather change and welcomed back AdP Colonia to the rotation.
    ID - 1 (2).jpeg

brit, Hembree, JACarbone and 11 others like this.
  3. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Very nice shaves Keith!

4. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

May 1st
    Plastic Disposable DE w Astra SP (1)
    APShave Mixed/ Sapele & Resin
    SV Cubebe SS & AS
    Thayers
    F4168F4F-4F3D-4521-880F-9EA5B7621D26.jpeg AB384F8C-3399-475C-ADC0-E81D67C2840E.jpeg
    A little minor MAYhem to get us started earlier today. This razor came from Gary as part of a trade quite some time ago. Seemed like a good way to start off the month. A very nice SV lather to begin- if you need to go to the hospital, you might as well smell nice...
    Anyway, I loaded an Astra and had two event free passes. Forget ‘zero pressure’...this thing is around the same weight as those ultra cheap bic disposables. There is a small weight in the handle, but it came loose almost right away. Quite disconcerting actually. These razors were apparently sold through vending machines, etc, and do what they are supposed to do- give you a shave in a pinch if you didn’t pack a razor. My first thought on appearance is that it has a little MonoBilt in the design...those thoughts were quickly eradicated after the first stroke or two. Let’s see how it does on Monday with 3 passes after 48 hrs of growth.
    Have a great day all!

brit, Hembree, JACarbone and 12 others like this.
  5. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

2nd May 2021.

90.jpg

Shaving Recipe For today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
    Brush: Anbbas Boar.
    Bowl Lather.
    Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
    Lather : Kiss My Face ~ Peaceful Patchouli Moisture Shave Cream.
    Blade: Astra Superior Platinum. (D2)
    Razor: Muhle r89.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. + 3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ L'0REAL ~ Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave...I have said in the past one of my all time favourite DE razors is the Muhle r89..It was one of the first DE razors that i instantly bonded with when i first started DE shaving and have always had wonderful irritation-free shaves each time i have used it, today yet again was no exception.

A pleasurable 3 pass + pickups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off a with a small dollop of L'0REAL ~ Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited: May 2, 2021
    brit, Hembree, JACarbone and 9 others like this.
  6. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

The bottom of a tub! Congrats, Jim.

Hembree, JACarbone, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  7. Over the years I've bought a few different DE razors, but each time keep coming back to the Mühle R41. I just like it best. Could have saved myself a load of money and just bought it and ignored the rest, but that's not how it works!

Hembree, 9nein9, JACarbone and 5 others like this.
  8. R41 today with Arco soap, Yaqi 28 and an Amazon blade. Arko balm followup.

Lathering the Arco takes more effort than Taylor's cream and seems to dry out faster. The Yaqi synthetic is just awesome. The 28 is pretty large and it doesn't need to soak. Lathering happens really fast.

I've come to the conclusion that I only use blades 2-3 times. In the R41 only twice.

No nicks or cuts, BBS although some feedback under the chin which continues to be problematic simply because WTG/XTG/ATG all seem to be in all directions! The Arko balm contains eucalyptus which leaves a pleasant burning sensation as if you've rubbed on radioactive material!

Having shaved with SR yesterday, I could easily have gone without a shave today, but I'm leading an online service so needed to smarten up.

Hembree, clint64, JACarbone and 9 others like this.
  9. HighSpeed

HighSpeed Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. It’s good to be here. And thanks for the recommendation Patrick. I’ll check it out.

Hembree, clint64, JACarbone and 3 others like this.
  10. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

That one would be the Feather Pro Guard, my personal fave for guarded blades. Close and very smooth.

Guarded blades were invented by the Personna folks when they were owned by Phillip Morris. Personna still makes one known as the Bump Fighter, a single blade cartridge marketed to men of African descent that may be particularly prone to ingrowns caused by multi blade devices. Great idea.

Guarded blades are made by Feather & Kai in the Artist Club format. I consider them as excellent shavers that have a reduced risk for ‘leaving a mark’ from user error.

Guarded blades are also popular in many formats for women. One day, my youngest daughter had me detail her eyebrows with one of my straights then ordered some because I didn’t wish to become a slave to her beauty ritual.

Hembree, HighSpeed, clint64 and 6 others like this.
  11. Edison Carter

Joe...........ixnay on the mailman’s performance ratings until Artie gets home!
    ;)

Hembree, HighSpeed, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  12. Edison Carter

Welcome aboard.

Ineresting thing...... I see your nice photo when I reply.

I’m Bill.

13. Edison Carter

I was 19 once...or twice....or thrice.

Great age.

14. Edison Carter

Millwright retires from fixing all kids of huge broke stuff that ain’t supposed to break.

..... then hoodwinks wife and daughter’s husband to fix the AC wires for a couple of fajitas.

Sheeesh, who says millwrights can’t delegate.
    :cool:

Glad stuff worked ou well.

Hembree, clint64, Trigger and 4 others like this.
  15. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Danny

Hembree, clint64 and Trigger like this.
  16. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Wonderful shave Joe but what happened to you customary frag description?

17. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Welcome to the 30DC. I am sure by the time I have seen this one of our brother members would have walked you through the process of uploading and posting the picture. I had that challenge initially as well. My name is Joe

Hembree, HighSpeed, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  18. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Sunday May 2, 2021
    Razor: Yates 921 H Plate
    Blade: Wizamet (6)
    Brush: Mr EE LE
    Soap: DG Trismegistus
    AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
    AS 2: Terre D'Hermes Splash
    Fragrance: Terre D'Hermes EdT
    Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 907

My 1508.5 of Sicily is completed and we are traveling from Italy to Portugal for the next 1508.5 of Baron's Choice. Before that I will enjoy a work week of going thru my 5 Ethos soap sets. Hope all have a great day !

IMG_20210501_202250257.jpg
    IMG_20210501_122154172.jpg

brit, Hembree, HighSpeed and 11 others like this.
  19. I have an artist clubman and guarded blades. Really like them and the clubman. In fact the clubman and r41 could easily be my only two razors.

Hembree, clint64, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  20. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Welcome to the thread and TSD, Mike. Good to have you here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.