Valet Autostrop Blades?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Uncle Trojan, May 1, 2021.

1. Uncle Trojan

Uncle Trojan Well-Known Member

I ordered a Valet Autostrop from Razor Emporium. I'd like to know what carbon steel blades I can buy (or modify) for this razor. I only have pictures of the razor and the case, I'm hoping someone would know what blades they take possibly by looking at the case? If not, I'll take pictures when I get it.

By the way Razor Emporium I'm not stealing your pics, I left your watermark on them. Maybe you'll give me a pass because I bought this from you. Let me know if you don't want me to post these I'll take them down (I highly doubt y'all have time to search for your pics on some random forum anyhow).

Everybody's Favourite Uncle
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Tedolph and Jorvaljr like this.
  2. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Feather FAS-10 blades or if you can find them Kai best blades.

Tedolph and Uncle Trojan like this.
  3. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

MelC and Uncle Trojan like this.
  4. Uncle Trojan

Thank you!!

Tedolph likes this.
  5. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

That is a really beautiful kit. Be prepared for a very close shave with a fresh Feather SS blade.

Uncle Trojan likes this.
  6. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I'd be remiss to not add even though the O.P. didn't ask for them specifically that the Feather FHS-10 stainless steel blades also fit this razor and both the carbon steel and stainless Feather blades also work with the modern One Blade razors.

Tedolph and Uncle Trojan like this.
  7. Uncle Trojan

Thank you, I'm not completely against ss but I do prefer carbon these days. The only carbon steel feathers I found are on ebay, but I'm banned there see, it's a long story if you wanted me to elaborate just let me know. But you wouldn't happen to know another place I can get them?

8. Uncle Trojan

Thank you. As soon as I saw it I knew I had to grab it quick. I got pretty lucky for sure.

Tedolph likes this.
  9. Tedolph

Yes, and only the carbon steel blades can be stropped. The SS blades are too hard. An olld instruction sheet I read said to expect 50-60 shaves out of the old carbon steel blades.

Uncle Trojan likes this.
  10. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

11. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 2, 2021
    Uncle Trojan likes this.
  12. Uncle Trojan

13. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Don’t waist your money on the feather carbon steel SE blades. They will not shave hot butter. The stainless are good for a couple of shaves. The best with a Auto Strop is to get a model that you can use modified Single edge carbon steel blades like the Treets. I have some videos on modifying blades on my you tube.

Terry and Uncle Trojan like this.
  14. Uncle Trojan

I'll check out your channel. Is it the same name as your forum name?

15. Tedolph

For what it is worth, the Feather blades work perfectly in my Model C Vallet Auto Stop without modification. I usually just use the VAS to do the back of my neck after a double pass SR shave. But, if I am in a hurry I use the VAS to do a quick against the grain single pass shave, maybe with a touch up second ATG pass. I find that the Feather SS blades are usually good for bout 6-8 double pass shaves. If used just for clean up after a SR shave, almost indefinitely. One more point. The Feather SS SE blade is the sharpest blade I have ever used. It is very difficult for me not to get a weeper with a fresh blade. After the first double pass shave, it calms down and gives very close, comfortable shaves.

16. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

17. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Tedolph likes this.
  18. Uncle Trojan

I haven't bought from the other place, I'll get them from tryablade for sure today. Thank you!

19. Tedolph

Thanks for this. I just ordered ten of the carbon blades. We will see if stropping them works!

Uncle Trojan likes this.
  20. Uncle Trojan

You and me both! Let's hope for the best!

Tedolph likes this.