May 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion. All are welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Apr 30, 2021.

?

What's your plan for "Mayhem" May?

1. I plan on shaving with a DE blade, duck taped to a popsicle stick.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I plan on shaving with a Bowie Knife.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I plan on shaving with a Stihl chain saw.

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. I plan on shaving with a rusty tin can lid.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I plan on NOT contracting tetanus.

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. I plan on eating many cookies.

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  7. I plan on, once again, ignoring stupid polls.

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

cool set..:cool:

2. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Thanks Gary

3. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

That is a beautiful razor! Although you bought it used, it looks in super mint condition. It's amazing that on the same day, you got a Russian razor and I got one made in the Ukraine. Congrats on your wonderful addition, Danny!

4. Hembree

Thanks Joe. That is a coincidence but a coincidence I like. The razors have a connection. Take care.

5. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Congrats Joe!

brit, JACarbone, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  6. wristwatchb

This local place claims they invented the cheeseburger. I'm good with that. :)

1.jpg 2.jpg

brit, JACarbone, Keithmax and 8 others like this.
  7. wristwatchb

Come to Louisville if you want some decent pizza and break sticks. Bring Artie, and we'll use him to slice the pie! :eatdrink047:

1.jpg 2.jpg

brit, JACarbone, Keithmax and 6 others like this.
  8. Hembree

9. Trigger

May 3 Artie's Inaugural Shave!
    Straight Razor Shave #265

13/8 ArtRazor 1000 Half Hollow Unmuted Square Point
    MrEE Limited Edition #10 Synthetic Brush
    Angora Midnight Lavender SS
    Dickinson's WH
    Music City Suds Lavender AS
    Whisker's: 30 hrs

20210503_144324.jpg

Well this was the day I was waiting for and it is finally here! Artie is a welcome addition to my den.
    I used my new shave soap from Angora Soaps. I think this is the first review of it on this thread. It is a relatively new and small company from W. Virginia.
    I have to say that this Lavender scent is a little brighter than Music City Suds. I bloomed the soap and used the water as a preshave. I have to say this is the easiest lathering soap in my den. A few swirls and the soap just exploded with lather. Dare I say that it is idiot proof. It has great slickness. It better because I am using a 13/8 straight razor.
    I have to say that it really was easy to shave with Artie. I did 2.5 passes for a BBS minus shave without any bloodshed or irritation. What surprised me was that I did not have a problem scooping under the nose for a wtg pass on stache area. Many straight shavers have a problem with that maneuver because of nasal overhang. I thank God for my small schnozzola.
    I have to say it was a great inital shave with this über huge straight razor. Artie and I really got along well.
    I was a little more careful because the square pt is unmuted and it really can do some damage if you do not focus on the landing or the blade position.
    Finished this great inaugural shave with the witch hazel and the Music City Lavender aftershave.I didn't use the Nivea because it is getting warmer and therefore it is not needed. I will do a video shaving with Artie probably this weekend. Guys have a wonderful evening!

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    Droo78, brit, JACarbone and 15 others like this.
  10. wristwatchb

:bounce017::bounce017::bounce017: Joe, congrats on a great first outing with Artie! Super cool blade. :cool:

brit, clint64, Hembree and 1 other person like this.
  11. Trigger

Thanks Charlie! It really was fun to use! To be honest, it felt like I was shaving with it for many shaves. Hope you and Kathy are well. I know that you guys are preparing for that followup trip to Rochester, Minn.

brit, JACarbone, wristwatchb and 2 others like this.
  12. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Congratulations, Joe! Glad you like the razor!

brit, JACarbone, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  13. Hembree

Joe, is that a razor or mirror?
    Screenshot_20210503-165748_Chrome.jpg
    Love the shave and I'm so glad the first shave was a great one. Congratulations on such a beautiful straight and I hope you enjoy for many years to come.

brit, JACarbone, Keithmax and 6 others like this.
  14. FaceScraper

FaceScraper Well-Known Member

Another rare drop-in post.

I hope everyone is doing well!
    MAYhem again, huh? No craziness for this cat. I’ve done popsicle stick shaves in the past, as well as shaving with a Gillette Tech minus the baseplate…primarily just to try it. And, those shaves turned out just fine. But, nope - I’ll stick with “normal” gear for May…and most months. We won’t rule out another popsicle stick shave…sometime. Maybe.

Anyway, it occurred to me that I don’t believe that I’ve ever shown off this particular razor since the arrival back in March. You’ve seen this exact razor before, though - photographed MUCH more beautifully, I might add. This one belonged to Clint @clint64 , and was a victim of “layoffs” from his den. He seemed to jump at the offer to trade the Blackbird for a 1/2 bottle of Clubman. I feel bad taking advantage of his weakness for some Clubman juice. Now the Brassbird resides with its stainless sibling here in Western Maryland. The Blackbird has been, and still is the top dog for me.

And of course, I had to include the beautiful Mr.EE LE #18 brush in today’s shave. Everything worked well, and a delightful shave was had.

[​IMG]

Have a great day, fellas!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Droo78, brit, JACarbone and 12 others like this.
  15. Trigger

Thank you Jeff!
    Thank you Danny. It really was a fun shave.

16. Trigger

Wonderful shave Bruce!

I just got this facescraper today.
    It is a 13/8 custom Ukrainian straight 20210503_144324.jpg

FaceScraper, brit, JACarbone and 7 others like this.
  17. Hembree

Gorgeous shave, Bruce. Love the brass with the purple. I knew Clint loved Clubman but I did not know he loved it that much. Take care.

18. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Fantastic maiden voyage with Artie, Joe. Congrats again on the such a beautiful razor.

brit, Hembree and Trigger like this.
  19. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Awesome shave and lineup Bruce. The BrassBird and LE brush look great together. I am still living with all my body parts attached which means no Clubman was used in the exchange. :happy097:

FaceScraper, brit, jtspartan and 4 others like this.
  20. Trigger

Thanks Clint!

brit, clint64 and Hembree like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.