Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, May2nd 2021

Razor: Schick injector E2, Canadian Variant- MFG 1930's+40's excellent mid range, light weight + easy to maneuver the face.
    Blade: Personna SS PTFE (1) Excellent blade, Very sharp, smooths out nicely, great longevity & predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Lavender - nice scent with excellent lather qualities. Reasonable post shave.
    Brush: Razorock Noir 400 Plissoft, great brush to generate lather , soft tips with great scrub + great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Schick injector E2 type Canadian variant with a Personna coated injector blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

MPF9, jimjo1031, SlimGem and 8 others like this.
  2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

3. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Monday May 3, 2021
    Razor: Schick N1 Injector
    Blade: Schick Twin (6)
    Brush: Knothead Brushworks "The Kentuckian"
    Soap: DFS / Ethos Colonia
    AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
    AS 2: DFS / Ethos Colonia
    Fragrance: CK ONE
    Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 908

IMG_20210502_210435423.jpg

jimjo1031, SlimGem, Jayaruh and 8 others like this.
  4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, May 3rd, 2021

Razor: GEM Micromatic clog Pruf(Peerless model 17nib S.B)- MFG 1945, excellent mid range, I get great shaves with this razor, easy to manipulate around the face.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (9) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Speick- triple milled, very nice mild spicy scent, great lather qualities + great post shave feel.
    Brush: Yaqi 24 mm boar brush, it shed hairs at first and still gives up 1 or 2 hairs once in a while but it is my best feeling boar brush of my 2, a joy to use with a great break in procedure I used.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock Emperor with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Gem Micromatic clog Pruf (Peerless, 17 nib S.B) with a coated Gem blade.
    MMMonday, May3 2021.jpg

jimjo1031, SlimGem, Jayaruh and 8 others like this.
  5. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Monday 3rd May
    GEM Junior 'Baton handle'
    GEM Stainless Coated #6

[​IMG]
    I saw a baton style handle on @SlimGem 's new 3D razor. It reminded me of how comfortable this style of handle is in the hand.

jimjo1031, SlimGem, Ron R and 8 others like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

absolutely stunning Matt..:cool::eatdrink047:

120inna55 and GAW9576 like this.
  7. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Mark Cross with twin BIC blades. I usually use an injector blade with the MC but the shave with the twin BICs is superb, just requires a few easy blade snaps. [​IMG]
    Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

jimjo1031, SlimGem, Ron R and 8 others like this.
  8. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Great shave today with the Gem Micromatic Open Comb and a fifth use Gem SS PTFE blade. Also rocking the Momentum Base Layer today.

IMG_03052021_153313_(1050_x_1050_pixel).jpg

jimjo1031, SlimGem, Ron R and 9 others like this.
  9. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick N3 injector, Schick blade, shave 3
    [​IMG]

Decide to give this a go with a chick blade to try out. It performs okay but not great with a standard blade. This razor like the N1 I use semi-regularly both work best with twin injector blades. End result BBS finish not achieved.

10. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mon 3rd May

The Grosvenor - 404 mixed
    MWF
    Occama Oren - 3dot
    Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG [1]
    GB Grey Flannel A/S lotion

As going out officiating for the day I had a bit of a change from my Injector rotation, to see how the Kai guarded blade would go. I could feel it at work straight away, and was quite amazed at the finish quality of the Shave. Some 12 hours after the Shave regrowth was minimal, so perhaps I need to get some more.

IMG_1434.jpg

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  11. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Catie's Bubbles | Ruds Suds: The Dark Side
    Ariana & Evans Retro Shaving Brush | Synthetic 24 mm
    Durham-Enders | Enders Speed Shaver | Schick Proline B-20

[​IMG]

12. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Tabac Tuesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #199 Synthetic
    Wood Handle Enders Speed Shaver
    Schick Proline B20
    CWR
    Tabac AS

The Tabac Shave Soap lathered well with Jayaruh #199 Synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Wood Handle Enders Speed Shaver with a Personna Schick Proline B20 blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

13. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

Wow, all such beautiful/interesting razors and soaps!

jimjo1031, SlimGem, Jayaruh and 2 others like this.
  14. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

A.S.Razor shave, May4th 2021(May the 4th be with you:rofl:)

Razor: Everready 1914 (AKA-Little lather catcher)- MFG 1914-17,1st gen, mid range, one of the best ER A.S.R razors made IMO.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(10) excellent blade, Very sharp, Great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Speick, excellent lather qualities, nice mild spicy scent.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm boar bristle- shed a lot first and has become a great brush to lather with IMO, soft tips + nice handle.
    Pre shave: brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my ER 1914 LLC with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

15. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 4th May.

Muhle Silvertip, A -21mm
    Hampshire Wool Fat
    Yaqi Raster V2
    Kai CT Mild-Pink [ 1 ]
    Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion.

A very nice first time Shave with this Yaqi AC Razor. To evaluate it properly will do some more back to back shaves.

IMG_1436.jpg

16. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

C.V. Heljestrand, CV Heljestrand wedge blade
    cvh.jpg

First a little tidbit I never knew about these razors the ones marked Kindal are actually French designed by Magnus Kindal who bought the company from CV Heljestrand sometime between 1900 and 1907. They still made the razors in Sweden but sold them from their retail store named Kindal. The wedge was professionally honed but even having that done it still like every other time I've used wedge blades never performed as well as a Gem blade in the same razor. It did perform well but nowhere near the blood thirsty monster this razor is with a Gem blade. End result close but no BBS cigar finish. I have more blades and free time to use them so I will be seeing how much it has to do with the edge, strop passes and/or technique to fully get the best shaves from these blades.

17. brit

brit in a box

absolutely fabulous Matt..awesome pic..:cool:

SlimGem, GAW9576 and 120inna55 like this.
  18. SlimGem

SlimGem Well-Known Member

Soap: Taylor of Old Bond Street - Sandalwood
    Brush: #375 Synthetic - Handmade by @Jayaruh
    Razor: 3D Printed - Stoll Jr. Lather Catcher
    Post-shave: Pinaud - Clubman
    P1040861M.JPG

19. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Wed 5th May

RR 400. SE-Plissoft noir
    Lea Classic soap
    Yaqi Raster V2
    Kai CT Mild Pink [ 2 ]
    Lea Classic A/S Lotion

My Second Shave with this Razor, and while it might not be to every ones taste in terms of construction, it certainly delivers a top quality finish.
    Very easy to use and works in the awkward places, around upper lip/nostrils and quite superb around the neck. A few more Shaves like this, and I can see me culling my AC/SE stable.

IMG_1441.jpg

20. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Wednesday May 5, 2021
    Razor: Schick Type "F" Injector
    Blade: Schick (?)
    Brush: Rubberset 400/Cashmere
    Soap: Ethos Succès
    AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
    AS 2: Ethos Succès SFS
    Fragrance: Ethos Succès EDP
    Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 910

Day # 3 Ethos Rotation was a Success with Succès. Have a stellar day Everyone !

IMG_20210504_174441172.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.