May 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion. All are welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Apr 30, 2021.

?

What's your plan for "Mayhem" May?

1. I plan on shaving with a DE blade, duck taped to a popsicle stick.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I plan on shaving with a Bowie Knife.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I plan on shaving with a Stihl chain saw.

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. I plan on shaving with a rusty tin can lid.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I plan on NOT contracting tetanus.

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. I plan on eating many cookies.

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  7. I plan on, once again, ignoring stupid polls.

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

8th May 2021.

93.jpg
    Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.
    Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face./bloom water face wash.
    Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
    Brush: Anbbas 24mm Synthetic.
    Bowl Lather.
    Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
    Lather: Omega ~ Eucalyptus Shaving Cream.
    Blade : Astra Superior Stainless.(D1)
    Razor : Muhle r41.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. + 3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Aloe Vera Gel./Floid ~ Mentolado Vigoroso ASL./Milton-Lloyd ~ no.9 Victor EDP.

Greetings,

(Open Comb DE Razor Week.)

A new shave set up to start the weekend...Carrying on with the Astra Superior Stainless blade, another blade from the St Petersburg camp. The Astra SS i find them to be more efficient and it's longevity is better than the Astra SP. Paired together with the efficient semi-opened comb R41 wonderfully...Using the lightest of touch it cut through my stubble with effortless ease leaving my face feeling dolphin smooth...A enjoyable 3 pass +pick ups close comfortable near BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a few generous squirts of Milton-Lloyd ~ no.9 Victor EDP to the pulse points.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

brit, Keithmax, Hembree and 13 others like this.
  2. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Yesterday's that I could not splice them without it shrinking the box size the video was displayed :angry019:

Saturday May 8, 2021
    Razor: Karve CB "C" Plate
    Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)
    Brush: Knothead Brushworks Zebra
    Soap: Barons Choice 1508.5
    AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
    AS 2: CHH Tobacco
    Fragrance: Penhaligon's Lothair
    Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 913

Have a Karve set on loan from Danny and C used to be my daily so I started with it and had a drama free and smooth shave. I'll jump to the "E" Plate and give it a try tomorrow. The Baron's Choice Shave Soap is the next 1508.5 gifted to me by Rob. It hails from Portugal and has a nice fresh clean scent that is rather enjoyable. It rinses clean and leaves the face feeling refreshed. If you can overlook the cheap plastic tub this is a great soap I would buy. Hope everyone has a great weekend !
    IMG_20210507_214456894.jpg

brit, Keithmax, Hembree and 11 others like this.
  3. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

I’m going to guess that Andrew and Tim are tending to family obligations.

I fear that Rick may have burned out a bit.

All are great gentlemen and friends who made the efforts to participate fully engaged.

The Shave Den 30DC is a highly cordial place which is a good thing. Remaining current and engaged on the entire forum’s 400+ daily volume can become hard.

For my own survival, sometimes I have to skim through and even limit my ‘likes’. I have often thought my actions would be viewed as aloofness, which it is not.

Many times I’ve thought about writing something to indicate a response to every post is not expected and a response to every response can go way out.

For those who may find similar positions to those who have dropped out, you don’t have to. Come and go as you find necessary, folks will understand. It is who we are.

Keithmax, Hembree, 9nein9 and 9 others like this.
  4. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Bill, you hit a point and conundrum I often struggle with. Being newer here I was afraid I would be considered rude but I just can't keep up with responding always to the generous comments from this great crew.Thanks !

Keithmax, Hembree, 9nein9 and 7 others like this.
  5. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

:thanks:

Hembree and clint64 like this.
  6. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Barry, you always get fine shaves. You are the master in DE shaving. Enjoy your day.

Hembree, clint64 and palmolive fox like this.
  7. Trigger

Great shave Dave. I wil watch your vids later. As long as the soap performs, I wouldn't care about how it was packaged.

Hembree, clint64 and Dave in KY like this.
  8. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    May Focus
    [​IMG]
    Crabtree & Evelyn~~Simpson H4~~Barbasol FH/Gillette Platinum~~Fahrenheit/Burberry
    This shave was anything but Mayhem, indeed, quite the opposite.

Shave soap, as you can clearly see, is a vintage triple-milled from Crabtree & Evelyn.
    The puck is rock-hard, but with a light bloom (poured warm water on the puck; swirled it around; dumped it out)
    the Harvard unicorn (the only Harvard exemplar I know of with a SiLVERTiP knot)
    deftly picked up plenty of lather for three passes with the razor du jour:
    Barbasol Floating Head which was loaded with a fresh Gillette Platinum blade.
    These Russian blades are excellent, but should be considered "sprinters" rather than
    "long-distance" runners. I will use this same blade tomorrow and then bin it.
    I was reading an interesting thread on basenotes.com covering users' "fragrance-layering"
    recipes. One that got some :happy088::happy088: was one I tried this morning.

Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 08.04.46.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 08.05.56.png
    Three sprays of each and a lovely combination has been born. :happy036:

brit, Keithmax, jtspartan and 12 others like this.
  9. Trigger

I understand Bill. It would be nice if they would have said that they are taking a sabbatical from the forum then simply disappear without any explanation. Yes, people come and go all the time and I can accept that because I am not privy to their personal situations.

jtspartan, Hembree, JACarbone and 3 others like this.
  10. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

Thank you Joe..Once i mastered and gained the respect of the Muhle r41, i was rewarded with sublime shaves..My shave today was near BBS superb...Have a great day.:)

jtspartan, Hembree, JACarbone and 4 others like this.
  11. Trigger

Very nice shave Joseph! That was pretty daring to combine the aftershaves without creating a funk. Have a nice day.

Hembree, JACarbone, 9nein9 and 3 others like this.
  12. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Thanks, Joe. I did my research before combining the juices. I have a few more I will try this week.

Hembree, JACarbone, Trigger and 3 others like this.
  13. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

A farewell notice such as given by Neil was appreciated and very classy fo sure. But I have no need to expect it.

My point was that participants here should not feel obligated to ‘full on’ positions, which can lead to the ‘full off’ scenarios.

I will always rejoice with an individual finding a proper ’life balance’ even if it deprives me of the pleasure of their company. I’m often glad to have just shared in part of their lives.

Keithmax, jtspartan, Hembree and 9 others like this.
  14. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Thank you, Joe!

Hembree, JACarbone, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  15. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Thank you, Mike.

Hembree, JACarbone, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  16. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hembree, Trigger, 9nein9 and 2 others like this.
  17. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

E8FCAFC0-6050-4C99-9EAA-117AE99AD05F.jpeg

DE Shave # 337

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: PAA Prismatic
    Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
    Brush: Ever Ready 200T
    Lather: Stache Soap Works E Barber
    Aftershave: Brut
    Additional Care:
    Stirling Alum Block
    Thayer's Witch Hazel - Aloe Vera

Very nice shave this morning. Added the Brut to my collection courtesy of my father’s small collection. Excellent three pass shave with the Prismatic. The use of the shave stick prompts face lathering. The 200T, fitted with a synthetic brush, easily delivered a nice lather.

I will try my best to keep up with the posts, just too many things happening. Have a great day gentlemen.

brit, Keithmax, jtspartan and 12 others like this.
  18. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Superb shave Clint.

19. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Most excellent Danny. Hope all is well.

20. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Blair. Enjoy your weekend as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.