SoS: May 2021

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Yehuda D, Apr 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

1934 Red & Black Set w/Voskhod - Stirling Piacenza soap and AS 34REDBLACK1XX.JPG

madmedic, brit, poppi and 20 others like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Only one blemish in my shave this morning-but it was a big one, a cut right in the middle of S.Porcupine. It required Neosporin and a bandage. I hit a speed bump. Everything else was fine. 0:45 to load the Razorock soap onto the Jayaruh(#59). Nice and smooth along the cheeks and sideburns. Slow and steady along N. Porcupine, especially at the sides. Good job down at Cactus Nation(this was right after the cut at S. Porcupine, so I'm glad I could "recover" at Cactus.) Pretty Excellent due to the big cut. Will do better tomorrow.

Last edited: May 8, 2021
    madmedic, brit, poppi and 14 others like this.
  3. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

SOTD 20210508 Kakashi
    by IschiaPP @ Forio
    •••
    Omega 90081
    Beehive, Syntex, Synth Gen1, 22x50x104mm, Fanshape
    ---
    Kakashi Soap Calendula *
    ---
    Riccardo Tonarini Kakashi *
    RTL18, 21x65mm (⅞”), 85g, Spine 6mm, Quarter Hollow, French Point,
    No Jimps, Shoulderless, Brown Water Buffalo Horn Scales
    •••
    #Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
    #ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan
    #ShavingSoap #Test

[​IMG]

Full size:
    https://imgur.com/70MQ5ob
    Soundtrack:
    Albert Hammond - The Peacemaker (BBC in Concert)

* Grazie a Vincenzo Pitrelli​

madmedic, brit, poppi and 18 others like this.
  4. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

May 8, 2021
    Brass General
    Feather Pro
    30DC LE with Zenith Boar
    The Dead Sea
    Shave Soap & Aftershave

[​IMG]

madmedic, Purvis, brit and 20 others like this.
  5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Sat, May 8th 2021

Razor: Gillette Slim,H1-MFG 1962, 1st qtr, excellent adjustable, setting 7 then to 8 to finish shave.
    Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (1), excellent blade, sharp & Smoooth with good longevity.
    Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea- nice scent and great lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 24 mm Tuxedo knot-black marble handle [​IMG] excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great scrubber + great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG>7 + ATG with pickups>8.
    Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea aftershave with witch hazel with a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG]excellent shave with my Gillette slim + a Rapira Lux platinum.
    DE SOTD, May 8th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

madmedic, Purvis, brit and 20 others like this.
  6. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

May 8th
    Razor: Timeless Bronze SB
    Blade: Bolzano Superinox (2)
    Brush: Heritage Collection Ever-Ready
    Pre-shave: PAA Cube
    Soap: B&M Nordost
    Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
    B&M Unscented Balm
    AS: B&M Nordost

Good morning!

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

madmedic, Purvis, brit and 23 others like this.
  7. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

Thanks, Steve. :)

clint64 and Smooth Steve like this.
  8. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Dehaven model 3/Proline. Not for the risk averse, exposure in my example is akin to my Ikon Tech. Not relaxing but effective.[​IMG]

In other news I'm almost finished with this jar of MDC.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

madmedic, brit, poppi and 18 others like this.
  9. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

DLC-Yaqi Slant Razor
    Astra SP Blade
    26mm Synthetic/DIY Handle Brush
    Dr. Jon's Savannah Sunrise Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel w/Egyptian Musk
    Sterling Peach After Shave

Untitled.jpg

madmedic, brit, poppi and 19 others like this.
  10. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

So how good does that pear soap smell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clint64, Tim Spencer and Smooth Steve like this.
  11. Jorvaljr

IMG_7364.jpg

Razor: Ericsson
    Blade: personna
    Brush: paa 400
    Soap: 345 tree line
    A/s: route 66 perfect storm

This soap is good. Really good. Again another soap i got through trade and one im glad i did. The scent isnt what i expected considering the name. Its a blend of scents that neither stand out on their own but lol does not remind me of a tree line in the rockies. The razor feels good although i have a little razor burn but i was chasin the baby and thats what i get. Finished off with Route 66 perfect storm balm which i think i better use up sooner than later. The scent is starting to change. I didnt really enjoy the route 66 soaps but i do enjoy the balms. Which is why i traded the soaps but kept the balms.

madmedic, Purvis, brit and 22 others like this.
  12. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

I wanted white but they were all downstairs and so I just made due with green. I think the green worked out good, so you never know.

brit, clint64 and AlfredoT like this.
  13. Smooth Steve

Paul, I have to ask, what is cactus nation and south & north porcupine?
    Steve

brit, Paul Turner and clint64 like this.
  14. Smooth Steve

Outstanding shave and photo.

brit, clint64 and jluc like this.
  15. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Steve. Very kind of you to say.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

clint64 and Smooth Steve like this.
  16. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

It smells like pear with a slightly more acidic/intense bite to the smell. Like it's nearly a pear/citrus. Very fresh. I wanted to match the opening of the Creed Pure White Cologne in terms of that intensity and the Pear Brrr does that nicely. And my deodorant more roundly mirrors the scent of the dry down of Pure White Cologne with a cloudy-puff musk effect. I always buy multiple products and carefully match them as much as possible to the theme of the finishing cologne/fragrance. If you just went with the Pear Brrr products for the shave and the pear-musk deodorant from Serenity studios you would have a fairly decent experience of what Pure White Cologne is like. There is a white floral note (neroli, which is orange flower) in Pure White cologne that works well with the musk.

Pure White Cologne has a problem with longevity, so I carry a small portable sprayer that I use to re-apply the cologne during the day. This means that it's too expensive to use Pure White Cologne except on a rare day here and there in the Summer months. The reason is that Pure White Cologne is ridiculously priced and the fact that I have to use so much of it makes it a rare-use scenario. So, bear that in mind if you are thinking of buying it. I am debating whether to buy another bottle or if I'm going to try again to seek out a 3rd party knock-off duplication oil and simply apply the essential oil directly to my skin. It would be cheaper and last longer.......the only thing is that I haven't found a good knock-off oil yet. Most don't smell like Pure White Cologne. The Pear Brrr aftershave and Pear Musk deodorant combo is the best alternative I've been able to come up with to try and stretch out the longevity of the scent profile.

brit, clint64, ilts and 4 others like this.
  17. Jorvaljr

Wow, what a shame that the expensive cologne fades so fast. I have only 1-2 expensive colognes ( expensive for me ) and they last a long time. Tom ford seems to last really long

clint64 and Tim Spencer like this.
  18. Burak Kucukler

Burak Kucukler Well-Known Member

19. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

It's the nature of the materials used. To create a classic, old-world type of scent, the ingredients many times have to be volatile/fleeting. The fragrance has a very 'natural' tone to it. Maybe this is why I have a hard time finding a knock-off that smells like it? Not sure. I have read that some people reported it lasting some hours on their skin. Everyone's skin is different in terms of how long fragrances last. For me certain scents last and some don't. Pure White Cologne fades to a skin scent within 40 mins and within 3-4 hours even putting my nose to the spray site it's a bit difficult to get much scent. I suppose if someone rubs a little unscented oil or lotion on the skin before spraying, this fragrance might last up to 2 hours before it goes to a skin scent then last maybe 5-6 hours more if someone puts their nose up to the skin directly. Also, I live in a dry desert climate, so longevity for this may be seriously affected by the dry air. I wouldn't be surprised if in more humid climates this would last longer.

brit, clint64, Smooth Steve and 2 others like this.
  20. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

May 8th SOTD
    SS Supply 2 Dot / Schick Proline
    TGN Finest/Maple
    Strop Shoppe Baker Street
    Thayers
    Stirling Baker St- M bombed
    8FE6E26E-FEFA-41F2-ABDA-A8EC8449424C.jpeg
    Have a great night all!

madmedic, Purvis, brit and 21 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.