May 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion. All are welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Apr 30, 2021.

?

What's your plan for "Mayhem" May?

1. I plan on shaving with a DE blade, duck taped to a popsicle stick.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I plan on shaving with a Bowie Knife.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I plan on shaving with a Stihl chain saw.

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. I plan on shaving with a rusty tin can lid.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I plan on NOT contracting tetanus.

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. I plan on eating many cookies.

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  7. I plan on, once again, ignoring stupid polls.

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Thanks Clint. I had a great first run with it this afternoon. I just need more grill time. ;)

JACarbone, clint64 and Trigger like this.
  2. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Great pickups, Danny, especially the Schmidt & Ziegler.

Cool beans on your Son's Farmall purchase. I look forward to photos during and after the spa treatment. These old beauties clean up nice.

JACarbone, Keithmax, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  3. Hembree

Joe, I'm so sorry for the shave but I'm sure the next one will be better. Awesome job on the brush and I'm glad you are enjoying it. Take care.

4. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Awesome shave and a very nice straight Joe! Glad you were able to spend time with your mom.

JACarbone, clint64 and Hembree like this.
  5. Trigger

Thanks Danny. Both events were great.

6. Trigger

Thanks Joseph! I brushed this shave aside because it has been a very long time since I had this type of shave. The good thing is that I know what I will do the next time I will shave with this blade in this razor to prevent a repeat performance.

7. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Quick test.....a brand new Feather Hi-Stainless measures out to .0035" repeatedly with my micrometer.

Drew Dick extra full hollow razor I acquired from @Keithmax back in June 2019. Hmmm :signs002:.

I need to make a video when things calm down.......

Last edited: May 17, 2021
  8. Trigger

Thanks Danny!

9. Hembree

Thanks Clint. We had a great day but a busy one.

I used to love going with dad and dragging a tractor home and now I'm doing it with my son.

The Farmall engine seems like it will work out. We found a starter in dad's pile of stuff he had put back. Removed the valve cover and spark plugs. Poured some oil over the rocker arms and put some oil down the some spark plug holes. Compression test looks great. A new set of points, condenser, plugs, plug wires, oil change and carb rebuild and I think she will run like a kitten.

We checked the date code on the engine block which is 1948 and the tractor is a 1940 model. The engine has been replaced at one time and was run on propane at some point in its life. It still has some if the hardware on it for the propane system.

Take care.

Last edited: May 16, 2021
    JACarbone, jtspartan, brit and 7 others like this.
  10. Trigger

Simple never goes out of style! Take care Gary!

11. Hembree

Great shave and hope the remodeling goes smooth. Take care, Clint

12. Trigger

Congrats on picking up those straights Danny! I can't wait for you to start shaving with them.

13. Hembree

Awesome shave and I'm glad you had some time with mom. Take care, Joe.

14. Trigger

Lol! I don't mind the ribbing Bill. I just was surprised that I would get a shave like this by using a DE razor. I look at this shave as a learning experience.

15. Hembree

Thank Gary. I like tinkering with these old Farmalls....simple and no computers. :)

16. Hembree

Gorgeous shave and I love the picture, Gary. Take care.

17. Trigger

Thanks Danny! I am glad that I picked the right color scheme for your handle. The Timberwolf knot really makes it look great to me. As far as the shave, I can't complain with a great run of 30 years.

JACarbone, brit, Keithmax and 3 others like this.
  18. Hembree

Thanks Bill. I appreciate the advise. I have a lot to learn with this grill. It amazed me at how little charcoal I used this afternoon and how well it held the heat. I need to get one of those fancy Bluetooth temperature thingies that I see a few of our high tech red necks using. :D

JACarbone, jtspartan, brit and 6 others like this.
  19. Hembree

It will probably go out some time this week. I'll give you a heads up. I have to send a razor back to Dave so I'll get to the post office sometime this week.

20. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Great looking Sunday Shaver Bill, very nice setup after the yard duties!

I'm going to need a memory card to hold all this fraghead bookmark research once I'm done with this NB'21. Awesome everything Joseph!

Super image and combo Jim! I can't ever do any facial hair....1) Don't want a divorce. 2) Don't want to look like Jeremiah Johnson.

addendum: Long head hair = perfectly ok, and see item 1) for the outcome if I cut it....

Ouch, Joe! There's always another shave coming soon.....I'm sure it'll be a completely different outcome.

THAT. IS. SO. COOL. Danny! Also, great score on those two straights. Congrats.

Bathroom remodel? Oh my, I did one of those on the girls bathroom last spring. No fun! Great setup and image Clint!

Sounds like a lovely time with Mom. Very nice Frederick Reynolds Joe! Chores...bleh. :D

Fun shave combination and high contrast filter Gary!

JACarbone, jtspartan, brit and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.