May 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion. All are welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Apr 30, 2021.

?

What's your plan for "Mayhem" May?

1. I plan on shaving with a DE blade, duck taped to a popsicle stick.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I plan on shaving with a Bowie Knife.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I plan on shaving with a Stihl chain saw.

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. I plan on shaving with a rusty tin can lid.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I plan on NOT contracting tetanus.

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. I plan on eating many cookies.

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  7. I plan on, once again, ignoring stupid polls.

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

:happy096:

2. Trigger

Jim, you did it again! Great shave, pic, and lineup! Have a nice day!
    Excellent shavette shave Danny! Great practice in prepping to shave with a straight razor! Enjoy your day!

JACarbone, Hembree and clint64 like this.
  3. Trigger

Good morning guys! It may be a non-shave day or I may shave later this evening. As you can see, I am still socially acceptable with a 24 hr growth and is the reason why I do not shave every day. I just finished my egg sandwich breakfast at my favorite bagel place. 20210526_102325.jpg

Last edited: May 26, 2021
    Keithmax, JACarbone, Hembree and 5 others like this.
  4. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Dave!
    The brush was the result of some not so subtle enabling by @jtspartan
    It is a beauty.
    Thank you, Joe!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

5. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Super cool image and combination as usual, MLOC style. Very nice Jim!

Nah....if it's an OTWE shave, it's an OTWE shave because you made it so with the tools at hand. TTT, ya know. :eatdrink047:

Wow....that is a heck of a great price for that Kai/Feather clone. Great job and combination Danny!

Hembree, clint64, jluc and 1 other person like this.
  6. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Blair!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hembree and clint64 like this.
  7. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Joe.

Hembree likes this.
  8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Beautiful shave and photo Jim. I hope you are enjoying the day.

Hembree likes this.
  9. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Nice brush, is that some new fangled custom brush makers work ?

Hembree and clint64 like this.
  10. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Fantastic shave and photo Danny. Congrats on the shavette.

Hembree likes this.
  11. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Have a great day Joe.

Hembree and Trigger like this.
  12. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

Nice shave Danny! But butter for shaving? Sounds like a recipe for clogged pores.

Hembree, Trigger and clint64 like this.
  13. myles wilson

Thank you Danny!

Hembree, Trigger and clint64 like this.
  14. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

may262021.jpg
    May 26th

Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements SS, ASB, AS & C - Atmotic
    Simpson Chubby 2
    Hoshi Tombo 8000

Super fun late morning shave, makes up for the drudgery of a 5:30am trip to the TX Driver's License office for one of the kiddos. It was good time spent together, but what a circus to get a 'walk in' appointment. Online appointments are 2 months out currently. At least we were early in line, several ahead of us got immediately turned away for wrong documentation, so we were able to get in for a 7:45am appointment. Many (like 80-100) behind us just told to come back again tomorrow.

Anyways....awesome lather from the Simpson synthetic. PAA's CK6 formulation is OMG slick, with a wonderful face feel during and after the shave (even before applying the PAA after shave balm). 2.5 passes with the HT 8000, super sharp and smooth from a stropping session immediately before using today. In hand, this razor maneuvers nearly identical to my Feather AC DX that I've removed the scales. Easy to change grips, shaving stroke angles (WTG, XTG, Etc.) due to it's small size. Blade angle....almost riding the quarter ground blade face most of the time as the design is very narrow (barely 5/8ths). No crimson issues, BBS results. Followed the shave with PAA's Star Jelly ASB, and then the matching Atmotic After Shave & Cologne.

Atmotic's aroma....simply a favorite of mine, wifey approved also.

Scent profile (from website):

Atmotic quite cleverly evokes the spirit of travel; Aged Oak, Dogwood, Patchouli and Ginger! Rich, Bold, Well-Traveled and Cultured.

Hope everyone has a Wonderful Wednesday!

15. myles wilson

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16. myles wilson

Very nice shave Blair! We had to get my license transferred to my new Address yesterday. Thankfully the line wasn’t too bad at the DMV. Got in and got out.

Keithmax, Hembree, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  17. myles wilson

Fantastic Williams shave Dave!

Hembree, clint64 and Trigger like this.
  18. Trigger

Great shave Blair! I didn't want to make appointments to register my car and renew my license at the NYDMV. I did everything online and received the documents in the mail. The only thing that I need to do is pass an eye exam within a year. I will hope that the DMV will be fully open later this year or go to my optometrist for another exam and have him send the results up to Albany. Have a great day!

19. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Clint. Great day so far. Making some thick center cut pork chops in the Sous Vide. Never could cook these properly before the Sous Vide. They were always kinda dry and tough even when they were a touch pink in the middle. Water bath cooking to the rescue.
    Gorgeous picture, Blair!
    CK6 is top tier stuff for sure.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

20. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Very nice setup Myles!

Sounds like y'alls DMV process for licensing is working.

TX DMV system is overwhelmed, has been since I moved here in 1984(!). Up until April 2020, if you didn't show up 1-2 hours before the offices opened, it was a 4-5 hour wait/process, don't even bother showing up at 1pm, you won't get in. In Feb 2020 it was my in person renewal visit, I was there at 6:30am, opened at 8am, left at 1pm.

Now with the appointment system after COVID 19, it's a 1-2 month out appointment only process. For trying a walk-in, it's still show up ~2 hours before the office opens, to hopefully get one of the handful of 'cancelled appointments' later in that same day you showed up (so it's 2 trips for most people). We got very lucky today....I'll take it. Yesterday, we got there too late, got sent home as we were too far back in line.

There is an online renewal, but that only works if you've already gone through the system the first time, for certain options only, and regardless, you can only online renew once, the next renewal has to be in person for a new ID picture. Even with a scheduled appointment, my other kiddo's appointment last month took 1.5 hours. Sheesh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.