May 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion. All are welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Apr 30, 2021.

?

What's your plan for "Mayhem" May?

1. I plan on shaving with a DE blade, duck taped to a popsicle stick.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I plan on shaving with a Bowie Knife.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I plan on shaving with a Stihl chain saw.

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. I plan on shaving with a rusty tin can lid.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I plan on NOT contracting tetanus.

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. I plan on eating many cookies.

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  7. I plan on, once again, ignoring stupid polls.

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great looking shave Joe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JACarbone, Hembree and Trigger like this.
  2. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Thank you, Clint!

JACarbone, Hembree and Trigger like this.
  3. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

I highly recommend Glacial Satsuma, it's a good one. Too bad Glacial Lemony Orange was a short run, that's another good one. I also have Glacial Black Cherry. Some people complain that it smells like a cherry cough drop and it does but I like it. Eskimo Tuxedo is nice also.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

JACarbone, Droo78, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  4. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

I have been saying it to you for quite sometime. A good lather preps the beard for the shave. It needs to be slick, not thick to get the best results. Slickness is dependent on hydration. Above all, technique is the key on how you use a razor to shave the beard.

JACarbone, Keithmax, Hembree and 2 others like this.
  5. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Evening Shave

My work schedule became days late last year. It is the first time I’ve been off 2nd shift since I began wet shaving. What I miss the most is the un-rushed time I used to have to shave before work. Hence more evening shaving.

Today I was rewarded for the additional time I put in with a pre-shave routine in lieu of a shower.

Stirling Island Man soap & AS Splash
    WCS Tall & Dark Synthetic brush
    Böker 6/8 MOP inlay

The Böker ‘stabby point’ got me on the first shave, so I muted it and blended things back in using my wicked ways on the domed hones of iniquity.

The razor edge is only 2.5 inches long which makes it probably the tool of mine with the shortest reach. That might have been the biggest factor in my earlier stabbing.

My original edge was more ‘edgey’ than now. The additional work smoothed things out more to my liking.

17E45FC2-2314-4043-A135-044A59A9A587.jpeg

Late last year I was not in the mood to buy more straights. This is fifth or sixth razor I bought this year unless you want to add in the ‘China WonderBlades’. I blame the bumpy hone lapping plate.

Disclaimer - this is stuff I do, for me. And the only guy I needed to make happy, is just that.

brit, JACarbone, Keithmax and 10 others like this.
  6. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

Nice shave Joe, seems like a rare weeper again.

7. Trigger

Fortunately, I figured how to use Cryogen so as not to use it up at a fast pace.

8. Trigger

Thank you Clint!

JACarbone, Hembree and clint64 like this.
  9. Trigger

I like the regular Satsuma so I can see myself getting the glacial version. My only concern is that the high level of menthol overtakes the mandarin scent.

JACarbone, Hembree, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  10. Edison Carter

I have both. Satsuma wins for me. Mostly citrus orangey with a very subtle something else. Absolutely the longest lasting citrus I have. I highly recommend it. And go Glacial.

JACarbone, Keithmax, Droo78 and 3 others like this.
  11. Trigger

Great shave Bill! Tbh, I prefer to shave in the late afternoon or evening because I can take my time to enjoy my shaves. Again, your Böker is a real gem. I am glad you found your niche in honing your straights because it makes it more fun. Have a great evening!

12. Trigger

Thanks Myles! I rarely shed blood, but due to my light touch, it usually is a small weeper. I have pushed this blade out to 14 shaves, whereas I usually bin it at 8 to 10 shaves. I landed wrong on the chin apex and fortunately, I didn't press hard. The blade is also at the end of its usefulness so that also is a factor.

Last edited: May 26, 2021
  13. Edison Carter

Thank you Professor! ;)

14. Trigger

I agree.

15. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Fantastic shave recap and photo Bill. Congrats on the new razor.

16. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Menthol has a scent, so yes it's a combination of the two.
    You might be interested in something like Terrorade from B&M. It's an unscented cooling agent that can be added to soaps or aftershaves. It is weird at first, something that cools like menthol but without the scent or effects on the eyes. The cooling sensation also lasts much longer than it does with menthol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

JACarbone, Keithmax, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  17. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Awesome picture, Blair. I thought you had put your gear in an aquarium and snapped the picture. Gorgeous shave and I don't have the patience for TDMV.

I normally can get in and of our local office in about 10 or 15 minutes.

Take care.

18. Trigger

I believe that is the synthetic cooling agent. I appreciate the suggestion, but I prefer mentholated soaps. Really, I like Cryogen and nothing can take its place as far as I am concerned. If I was going to buy a mentholated and scented soap, then most likely it would be a Stirling chill soap.

19. Hembree

Beautiful shave and gear, Myles. Take care.

20. Hembree

Gorgeous shave and I love the effect on the picture, Gary. Take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.