Gillette Adjustable Friday ; Toggles, Fat Boys, Slims, and Black Beauties welcome!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by RyX, Dec 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Gillette Gold Black Beauty (O3) Razor
    Treet Carbon Black Beauty Blade
    Lord Chesterfield/Two Band Badger (restored) Brush
    Viking Revolution Sandalwood Shave Cream
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel w/Egyptian Musk
    Aqua Velva Musk After Shave

Untitled.jpg

stuartganis and brit like this.
  2. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Bottom dial Fatboy w/Bic Chrome Platinum blade
    BD1.jpg

First thing to state is the challenge trying to shave with a razor like this. You have to deal with the mirror constantly being fogged up by rainbows, skittles being slip hazards and getting poked by unicorn horns. Once that is dealt with then you need to fend off everyone in the house wanting to bask in your aura of awesomeness. A lock on the bathroom door and windows is definitely recommended. Those issues dealt with onto the shave. I figured on my maiden voyage I'd set the razor to 6. First off I had no issues with the dial being on the bottom of handle, razor felt fine in the hand. Second this is not a standard fat boy, slim or super adjustable. On the 6 setting this razor is much more efficient than any of those razors set at 9. I can't say if this is the same as a Toggle since it has been a long time since I've owned and shaved with one but I do remember thinking it was overrated when using it the 9 setting. This one not so much it performed really well on the 6 setting with it just getting to the BBS finish line. So far and this not because I am awesome and therefor the bottom dial is awesome but it was about the best shave I've ever had with any Gillette adjustable except for the Super 109 at 9. Next time I use it I'll up the setting see if this overtakes a Super 109 for me.

3. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Sounds like your technique is improving finally :D All kidding aside, I'm glad you're enjoying it as yo clearly are :bounce017:

brit likes this.
  4. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

If the razor is designed correctly you can get away with pull and pray and still get BBS finishes. The Toggle clearly wasn't. I spent about 7 or so years doing the honey badger don't give a damn method of shaving before I figured out that first statement was the reason why. Not coincidentally that coincided with when I started to get into SE shaving.

Last edited: May 28, 2021
    brit likes this.
  5. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Gillette Fatboy / Gillette Silver Blue [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

jimjo1031 and brit like this.
  6. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Gillette Fatboy (G3) Razor
    Bic Chrome Platinum Blade
    Surrey Boar Shave Brush
    Viking Revolution Clary Sage Shave Cream
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel w/Egyptian Musk
    Aqua Velva Musk After Shave

Untitled.jpg

brit and stuartganis like this.
  7. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Gillette Fatboy / Gillette Silver Blue [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

brit and jimjo1031 like this.
  8. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

This thread is closed.

Hi all. You may have noticed that we are doing some spring cleaning in the summer. The Safety Razors thread is a place to show various razors and discuss the razors themselves. It is not the place to post your daily shaves. There's just way too much overlapping and redundant posting in this thread. Please post those in their appropriate area, the Shower or Shave (SoS) of the Day thread. Thanks all!
    :eatdrink047:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.