May 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion. All are welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Apr 30, 2021.

?

What's your plan for "Mayhem" May?

1. I plan on shaving with a DE blade, duck taped to a popsicle stick.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I plan on shaving with a Bowie Knife.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I plan on shaving with a Stihl chain saw.

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. I plan on shaving with a rusty tin can lid.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I plan on NOT contracting tetanus.

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. I plan on eating many cookies.

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  7. I plan on, once again, ignoring stupid polls.

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Thank you, Joe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Fine Proraso travel shave Blair!

Hembree, 9nein9, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  3. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Excellent shave! The weather is warm and the circuit is heating up. You are going to be busy Blair. You

4. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Aside from postponing the family BBQ, sounds like a great time for Anthony!

Funny, Isabella was just telling me this morning she wants to see Cruella. She just turned 12 a couple weeks ago, so she’s right around Anthony’s age group.
    Even though we have a Disney+ subscription, we’d have to pay $29.99 to stream the movie now, before it’s released to the regular streaming library on August 27th. We may just go to the theatre.

Keithmax, Hembree, 9nein9 and 4 others like this.
  5. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

The movie was well done.

6. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Thoughts and prayers for your Mom (and you), Joseph.

7. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Great shave and combo Jeff. Good to see your posts again.

JACarbone, Hembree, jgreenepa and 3 others like this.
  8. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Jim, that looks fantastic! You are a Master Chef! I bet your hair looks nice too. ;)

Don't tell @Trigger, but Kathy, her Aunt, and I had a pretty good meal today also. 2+ pounds of fried fish, 1 lb. of fries, loaf of rye bread, cole slaw, and drinks. We had some leftovers...but not much. :)

One of the local Masonic Lodges fries fish every Saturday. Saturday is actually Fry Day 'round here.

Today was a splurge for me. I usually try to eat reasonably and exercise. I will cut back for a few days now to offset the effect of today.

1.jpg

Keithmax, JACarbone, Hembree and 9 others like this.
  9. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

My stomach hurts just by looking at it.

JACarbone, Hembree, 9nein9 and 2 others like this.
  10. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

We've been visiting this neighborhood lodge 3 or 4 times a year for about 30 years, Joe. Kathy's aunt and uncle introduced us to it. We thought it would be nice to take her some lunch today. There are some really nice folks there. Lots of smiles and jokes from everyone, and the fish is quite good. The guy at the register today was wearing what looked like a 10mm on his belt. Welcome to Kentucky. It'll be awhile before we go back.

Keithmax, JACarbone, Hembree and 6 others like this.
  11. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

That looks delicious, Charlie! Fish and chips more often than not make it into our cheat days. We have a little family run chippy about 20 minutes from the house thats been around since the 70's that makes the best I've had.
    Oh, and I am due for a haircut. Maybe Monday.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Keithmax, JACarbone, Hembree and 6 others like this.
  12. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

30th May 2021.

106.jpg

Shaving Recipe For today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men ~ Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
    Brush: yaqi 24mm naples synthetic.
    Bowl Lather.
    Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
    Lather : Clubman Pinaud Shave Soap.
    Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium. (D2)
    Frankenrazor: Yaqi DOC Head / Ab Inox Eco Safety Razor Handle.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils + 3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Benjamins ~ Mentholated Bay Rum./L'0REAL ~ Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave...A brief update after having my 2nd Covid-19 vaccine yesterday afternoon...After waiting in sheer trepidation of my hatred of needles sweating like a "glass blowers arse" for my number to be called out...After my formalities had been recorded with the wonderful nurses i relaxed my arm to be jabbed, i told the nurse 'Jane' i was ready for her to commence. She told me she had done me...I honest didn't feel any pain what so ever...What a big girl's blouse i'am at times....Adding to that, this morning when i woke up and had visions of me looking like a Neanderthal.

Fortunately up to now i have no adverse affects, not even the stiff arm like i had or flu like symptoms i had with my first vaccine...Anyway, back to the shave...

I haven't used the clubman Pinaud soap for a while and forgot how much a great in-expensive soap this is.. This is almost 'croap-like' soap it doesn't need blooming before mixing providing a slick protective lather, in no time, i like the scent too, it's not over powering, and the post shave feel is incredibly good. What more can I say? apart from it's a great shaving soap...

Finishing the shave off a with a small dollop of L'0REAL ~ Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday and the rest of the bank holiday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

brit, Silvestris, Keithmax and 12 others like this.
  13. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

14. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Domedary SOTD
    Copyright © @battle.munky
    ;)

Stirling Software in Dunshire, a flavor from The Max Headroom List of Most Glorious Stanks, and a tribute to Acqua do Gio.

Rasior Sabre France ‘My Fine Steed(s)’

Picked up Steed #2 today without intent to publish the shave. This tool was acquired in hopes of gathering another sample of the unique predecessor forged decades ago using techniques and a style developing great strength and flexibility in steel. Sadly, I think those examples are history.

The new piece is a top shelf shaver that continues to look for some improvement and inspiration to be like big brother. They are fun and economical shavers with all the characteristics one should expect of gear handmade on equipment a century old. I’d buy one again.

It will be getting a turn soon in my perditious ways on the domed hones of iniquity for that performance enhancement I want. I did give it a few laps on the .1 micron cBN charged suede paddle for a bump mid shave. My most prized and top razor came out to benchmark the tooling and ensure I wasn’t just executing a slip of my shaving skills.

For the finish, zero difference in results.

[​IMG]

Disclaimer - this is stuff I do, for me. And the only guy I needed to make happy, is just that.

brit, Keithmax, JACarbone and 10 others like this.
  15. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Sunday May 30, 2021
    Razor: Famex Cage Head
    Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
    Brush: Klenzo Boar
    Soap: Baron's Choice 1508.5 Project
    AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
    AS 2: Skin Bracer
    Fragrance: Penhaligon's Lothair
    Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 935

Great efficient shave with the Famex today and used the 1508.5 Baron's Choice again to get my free day to fall on Wednesday for Williams then. The Klenzo with the cheap Chinese boar is still shedding a ton of hairs (Dozen in 1st pass) and so was replaced with "The Kentuckian" by Knothead Brushworks for pass 2 and 3. The knot has been pulled and will be replaced with something that works without shedding like a cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Have a swell day One and All !

IMG_20210530_063218190.jpg

brit, Keithmax, Hembree and 9 others like this.
  16. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great looking shave and photo Andrew.

17. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Very cool idea. It looks delicious. Maya lines the cups of a muffin pan with bacon and partially cooks it. The she cracks an egg into each cup and bakes. That way she has breakfast each day precooked and only requires warming up.

Hembree, b1hart, wristwatchb and 4 others like this.
  18. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Danny. I’ll figure the R48 out eventually.

Hembree, Trigger and 9nein9 like this.
  19. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Fantastic travel shave and photo Blair.

20. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

That looks delicious Charlie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.