Yaqi Excalibur (Rapier / Raster)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by ischiapp, Apr 18, 2021.

1. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

The new Yaqi Rapier (AC Style SE) is a nice shaver.
    Two different razors:
    RAMC2103 with brass handle
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002181044531.html
    RASB2102 with aluminium handle
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002181092530.html

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On the australian Yaqi dealer there're available the single parts.
    https://www.yaqishaving.com.au/collections/raster-se-safety-razor

[​IMG]

The Excalibur head geometry is called V2.
    This simply refers to the precision of the manufacture.
    In fact, the initial problem has now been solved.
    [​IMG]

So V2 is not an evolution.
    But an adjustment.

The complete razor is called Raster.
    On other shop, as Yaqi AliExpress, is called Rapier.
    Same model, different names.

2. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I have a Excalibur on the way but it is taking it's time through the Chinese mail system. What takes usally 3 weeks seems to take about 4-5 lately.

Last edited: May 16, 2021
    Hembree and Brickman301 like this.
  3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, May 15th, 2021, New razor and just started dialing the Yaqi Excalibur 50mm in, might take a few shaves, I started out with my AC Kai Protouch blade on (8) shave and it indicated dullness so switched to the AC Feather pro(1) and that made a big difference. I did not feel threatened by the sharper blade but it is a very light razor & I was cautious(1st use). It is indicating from just the first shave a <mid range and indicates a great daily driver for some. I cranked out a excellent shave but still dialing the SE Excalibur in what I can & can not do when buffing. The razor finish and tolerances were adequate and did not turn me off the razor at all. It is just a possibly a good entry level razor if someone that is interested in entering the SE AC blade realm of shaving. First time using a Feather Pro & with the new Yaqi Excalibur razor. First impressions so far are positive and it will be used for at least 7 consecutive days with a daily double on Monday because of Micromatic Mondays.

Razor: The new Yaqi Excalibur AC style 50mm razor- MFG 2021>, nice <mid range razor, easy to maneuver around the face and easy going for the first shave. Light weight and I have other very light SE razors so finding the correct amount of light pressure is still on going.
    Blade: Feather Pro AC (1) nice sharp blade, Sharp & smooth, longevity?.
    Soap: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore, nice mild tobacco & vanilla scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm tuxedo knot with black marble handle, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great scrub + great lather painter.
    Pre Shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups. 2x WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of AVON True Gent balm aftershave.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur SE 50mm + a AC Feather Pro.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times, light at the end of the tunnel!

macaronus, PanChango and Keithmax like this.
  4. ischiapp

On The Wet Shaving Co. (ex Yaqi Shaving AU), there's the pre-order of V3 version.
    The Excalibur geometry of the new head will be a little different.
    The Raster / Rapier razor will be with heavy handle.

Some infos from a Yaqi beta tester.

5. ischiapp

Like this.
    [​IMG]

Ron R likes this.
  6. ischiapp

macaronus and Ron R like this.
  7. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Just looked , on Yaqi site and they are on sale at the moment $72.50 US. Nice looking razor, not sure how it can out perform my Excalibur V1. Very happy with my chrome Excalibur and have a few backups also I bought on the cheap. If Yaqi can even gets close to the original V1 Excalibur feel and in 316 stainless it should make for some great shaving IMO.

8. ischiapp

Not clear if the head geometry is the same.
    To me, It looks equal ... so no out performing.
    Just a different feeling.

Ron R likes this.
  9. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

We will have to see how the reviews are is what I'll do. Yaqi has some machine shop with talent cranking out some nice looking stainless steel razor products of lately.
    That is not a easy task machining and clamping small razor head parts and turning out a accurate finished product IMO.
    People do not know this unless you machine Stainless steel, the small billet they use for machining has a skin on it that will warp the part unless they machine them in a known sequence to reduce warpage on all SS razors made. The parts are small so warpage is minimal but is still prevalent in all machined stainless.
    We use to make parts out of stainless steel in the Pulp and paper industry and you have to rough out the part first and then finally finish it to correct size. Titanium can be worse the longer the piece is from what I recall & witnessed , small parts are better always with stainless and titanium Grade 5 metals.

macaronus likes this.
  10. ischiapp

New design of Gemini, compared with Excalibur.
    [​IMG]

Ron R likes this.