SoS: June 2021

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by celestino, May 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Phoenix Shaving | Organism 46-B
    Phoenix Shaving | The Starcraft | Roswell Hybrid Synth
    Durham-Enders | Enders Speed Shaver | Schick Proline B-20

[​IMG]

Organism 46-B opens with a distinct Grand Marnier and cocoa vibe. Later, the sweetness of the liqueur mellows a bit revealing cured tobacco, but it remains boozy all the while. The splash presents the same way, except it's a bit more of the bitter orange. It unfolds similarly, but the dry down is interesting. The sweetness transforms to something reminiscent of warm caramel without the buttery note. Then there's a brief powdery element followed by a gentle, sustained cool ethereal essence. It's quite a ride!

jtspartan, jimjo1031, ilts and 19 others like this.
  2. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Oooohhh, Niiiiccceeee..... :drool: :happy088:

Karl G, clint64 and 120inna55 like this.
  3. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

[​IMG]
    June 2 - I love wet shaving!

Prep: shower
    Lather: Proraso
    Brush: synthetic
    Razor: ATT Windsor
    Blade: Astra (2)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimjo1031, ilts, Tim Spencer and 15 others like this.
  4. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

HomelikeShaving Taiga & Gillette Platinum
    WCS Black 26mm Blue/White
    Ethos/DFS Colonia soap
    Ethos/DFS Colonia skin food splash
    Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa
    D65ECBE9-155E-478B-A5D4-F558F63C244B.jpeg
    Arguably, the best adjustable made. It just shaves so smooth & effortlessly regardless on what setting you happen to have it on. Wonderfully made tool and a fantastic shaver. A great day and shaves to all...

jtspartan, jimjo1031, ilts and 18 others like this.
  5. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Thanks!

brit, Karl G, Str8on2 and 1 other person like this.
  6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

June 2, 2021
    Wolfman WR1-OC (0.61mm)
    Feather
    PAA ShaveRite 210 with Maggard Mixed Knot
    AOS Bergamot & Neroli
    Shave Cream & Shave Balm
    WSP Citron Solid Cologne

[​IMG]

jtspartan, jimjo1031, ilts and 19 others like this.
  7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos210602.JPG
    Williams Wednesday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Soap
    Jayaruh #222 Synthetic
    Custom Wood Handle Enders Speed Razor
    Enders Speed Blade
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Musk AS

The Williams Mug Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #222 Synthetic Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Custom Wood Handle Enders Speed Razor with an Enders Speed Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

jtspartan, jimjo1031, ilts and 20 others like this.
  8. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Wednesday morning:

Stirling Mentholated Pre Shave Soap
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Super Speed/Schick day 3
    Master Soap Creations Frosted Bay Rum SS
    Prep ASB
    Krampert’s Bay Rum AS Splash
    Bleu de Chanel Deodorant Stick
    Bleu de Chanel EdP

This young man Fernando who is one of the NICEST guys I ever met produces some of the best soaps I’ve ever used in my entire life - his Frosted Bay Rum has such a beautiful scent, it’s got wonderful lather, the slickness compares to the Stirling soaps, the menthol sensation is heavenly, and the postshave feeling is so comfortable. The Prep gave me fabulous additional care and the Krampert’s Bay Rum aftershave is also very skin friendly, it smells lovely but it doesn’t disrupt the scent of the Bleu de Chanel. No complaints about this shave - it was so smooth, close, and enjoyable!

Have a great day - be well and safe!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jtspartan, jimjo1031, ilts and 16 others like this.
  9. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Great shot and nice Aristocrat. She is a beauty Jim.

The May thread closed before I could respond to you about the Mag T Delta. I have 5 shaves under my belt with it and I must say it has really impressed me. It is aggressive with plenty of blade feel, but it is also very efficient and not hard to use. It is comfortable to shave with but the handle shape is a little awkward. I have been getting extremely close shaves to the point that my wife out of the blue remarked how smooth my face looked. It is very easy to clean and in my opinion a great value, unique, and enjoyable to use. Craftsmanship seems fine except the plating appears to have some minor surface imperfections. The flat shiny surfaces are very prone to smudging if this is something that bothers you. As a pot metal razor though, it should last a long time because there are no threaded posts to corrode. Just thick blocky surfaces. The company also had great customer service. The first razor came to me in a rather short time. I noticed it had some plating discoloration by the head and sent them an email. In a few hours everything was coordinated to return the razor and overnight a replacement. The new one arrived even quicker than the first and was in good condition.

In conclusion, the razor is quirky and on the heavy side. Some may not like gripping the odd shaped handle, but none of these issues have been a problem for me. On the contrary, I really like the way this razor shaves and surprising would rate it very high. I think this razor would be cool in a brushed finish stainless steel, with ribs cut into the sides - not just on the large flat surfaces. I would say if it interests you and you like razors on the more aggressive side, pick it up. It shaves great.
    Steve

10. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Always a surprisingly good shave, my grandpa’s Nielsen’s Never Fail lived up to it’s name this morning :happy036:

Hot water preparation
    Argan Oil PSO
    Shavemac 2-Band Silvertip Badger
    Castle Forbes 1445 Shaving Cream
    Nielsen’s Never Fail 5/8
    Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel

6C131136-DC2F-4E26-95FA-BCAC301C4235.jpeg

Happy shaving - Karl

11. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

Thanks Sreve for such a detailed description. Obviously. it's more than just a conversation piece.

Smooth Steve, clint64 and madmedic like this.
  12. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

The Christy-Penn Trifecta:

Penn Dollar Razor (1914)/ Schick B20
    Christy Massage Bar (1923)/ Schick B20
    Penn Adjustable (1917)/ BIC

Total success this morning.

Since the Penn Adjustable-DE blade was an unproven combination I decided to start there with a WTG beard pass. Just terrific. I did a few ATG strokes to test those waters and fine as well. Second pass with the Christy had a different feel of course with an injector blade and my setting was super comfortable if a wee bit mild. No problem ATG. Head shave I started with my usual ATG pass with the Penn Dollar, again a wee bit mild but marvelous. Having tested its capabilities I finished mostly ATG pickups with the Adjustable.

Hat tip to Dave for the shim suggestion on the Adjustable. I just hate to let a good razor sit unused and today's shave left me thrilled to see these underappreciated tools perform so well.

[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
  13. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

June 2nd
    Razor: Blackland Dart
    Blade: Bolzano Superinox (3)
    Brush: Zenith boar
    Pre-shave: PAA Cube
    Soap: Williams
    PAA Galactic Witch Hazel
    PAA unscented Star Jelly
    AS: Aqua Velva

Good morning!

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

14. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Wed, June2nd 2021

Razor: Razorock 2nd Gen Lupo.72- Mfg 2021> excellent stainless steel razor, easy to glide around the face + great designed head.
    Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux(5-tossed), excellent blade, sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity. Blade showing wear usually around 4-5 from the many uses over the years, still a excellent blade.
    Soap: Cyrill S Salter Indian Sandalwood cream- nice sandalwood scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo knot with black marble handle [​IMG] excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice gentle scrub + excellent lather painter. 1st Synthetic Yaqi brush & it impressed me enough & purchased a harem of others.
    Pre shave: Brush washed my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Witch hazel + Ogallala Bayrum with sandalwood + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS, DFS, BbS + no irritation + no weepers =[​IMG]excellent shave with my RR Lupo.72 + a Rapira platinum Lux.
    DE SOTD, Wed, june 2nd 2021.jpg
    Have some great shaves!

15. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Wednesday, June 2
    [​IMG]
    Williams~~Simpson~~Mühle/Sharp Star~~Michael for Men
    Have a great day!

jtspartan, jimjo1031, Ron R and 20 others like this.
  16. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

SOD Wednesday June 2, 2021
    Ever wonder how many shaves in each tub of Proraso? See below in the Lather report!
    Brush: Parker Synth Brush
    Bowl: Shave Nation
    Lather: Proraso White Soap (3)
    Razor: Gillette 1959 E4 Settings: ATG:7-WTG:6-XTG:3
    Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (1)
    Balm: Proraso White
    IMG_6325.jpg

17. Purvis

Purvis Well-Known Member

[​IMG] I love how this soap really opens up when the tempurature rises. The bloom just filled the shave den with oakmoss. I regret not getting more now since its become an unobtainable.

jtspartan, jimjo1031, Ron R and 16 others like this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

thank you Matt.enjoy.;):eatdrink047:

120inna55 and clint64 like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

you are most welcome..:):eatdrink047:

clint64 likes this.
  20. brit

brit in a box

cheers Bro..:):eatdrink047:

Str8on2 and clint64 like this.