The Fellowship of Cold Water Shavers

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Jayaruh, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  2. brit

brit in a box

palmolive fox likes this.
  3. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

3rd June 2021.

108.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men ~ Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
    Brush: Omega S10018.
    Face Lather.
    Lather : Lea Shave stick.
    Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium. (D4)
    Razor: Wilkinson Sword Premium TTO.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals. + Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Creightons ~ Sensitive PSB. / Superdrug ~Sierran Breeze ASL.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

last outing of the Polsilver Super Iridium...A wonderful performance from the Lea shave stick, providing a good slick lather and a great post shave with no drying issues.

Another enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a generous splash of Superdrug ~Sierran Breeze ASL.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

4. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  5. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Gillette HD 500 (England) Razor
    Personna Stainless Steel Blade
    Frank Shaving Finest Two Band Badger Brush
    Vintage Klar Shave Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel w/Egyptian Musk
    Shulton Old Spice After Shave

Untitled.jpg

6. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  7. palmolive fox

5th June 2021.

109.jpg

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face & head./bloom water face & head wash.
    Brush: APShave Co. ~ 24mm Cashmere Synthetic.
    Bowl Lather.
    Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
    Face: wtg, xtg, atg,+ pick ups.
    Head: wtg, atg,atg, + pick ups.
    Lather: Vitos ~Vegetale Shaving Soap.
    Blade : Voskhod T.C. 'Snapped in 1/2'. (D1)
    Razor : Yaqi Katana.

Cold water face &head wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Aloe Vera Gel./P&G ~ Old Spice Original ASL.

Greetings,

Up with the larks again this morning.

Carrying on with my Russian Made DE Blade run...

A new shave set up to start the weekend...Its been a while since i last used the efficient Yaqi katana of which i will be using with all my shave sets this week...The Voskhod T.C. blade i find gets smoother with each outing they ain't the most aggressive Russian made blade for me but it matched together perfectly with the assertive katana making a smooth efficient duo...The Katana is one of the very few razors i found my shaving angle after the first 5-7 seconds feeling comfortable shaving with it throughout the shave.

What i like about the Katana is the audio feedback which tells me it's cutting through my stubble and i have found the right shaving angle...The efficiency of this razor is amazing good i was very near BBS smooth after the second pass on both my face & head shave but carried on just for the sheer pleasure of the shave & to use up the remaining wonderful lather the Vitos Vegetale soap had provided....A comfortable impressive performance from the 1/2' Voskhod.

A enjoyable close comfortable BBS face & head shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of P&G ~ Old Spice Original ASL.

My face & precious swede are feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
  8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

brit likes this.
  9. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  10. palmolive fox

6th June 2021.

110.jpg

Shaving Recipe For today.

Pre:
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Synthetic.
    Bowl Lather.
    Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
    Lather : Cella Aloe Vera Shaving Cream.
    Blade: Voskhod T.C. 'Snapped in 1/2'. (D2)
    Razor: Yaqi Katana.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus,Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Lidl Cien Sensitive ASB./Milton-Lloyd President EdT.

Greetings,

Sunday morning shave.

A very humble eclectic pre-birthday shave set up with inexpensive new & old shaving assortments which have gave me superb shaving results with each and every outing. Today yet again was no exception...The Cien ASB & M-L President EdT are birthday pressies from the family& friends, along with 2 bottles of Lidl Cien ASL (X-bolt & Aqua)+ a bottle of the new Nivea Men 'Fresh Kick ASB which i will try out with my future SOTD set ups.

An effortless 2 pass + pick ups comfortable pre-birthday silky smooth shave with no errors to report...The Katana is such a smooth efficient shaver...Finishing the shave off with a few generous squirts of Milton-Lloyd President EdT to the pulse points.

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

11. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  12. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick Shave, June 6th 2021

Razor:
    Schick injector i2 with hydro magic- Mfg 1954-57 milder mid range, nice shaves, easy to maneuver the face, light weight & good results.
    Blade: Personna injector SS PTFE(8) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
    Soap: Italian barber Amici, nice calming citrus scent, excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Razorock 24mm noir 400 synthetic, 3rd synthetic I ever owned 3 years ago, soft tips, great scrubber for those who like some backbone, great painter. For the time I bought this one it was popular brush & now it is seldom seen. Times change!
    Pre shave: Brush(dedicated Yaqi Cashmere synthetic) wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Italian barber Amici(mild red grapefruit scent) with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] excellent shave with my i2 injector with a Personna coated blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

13. jimjo1031

Gillette Red Tip (C4) Razor
    Bic Chrome Platinum Blade
    Simpson BAC3/Two Band Badger (restored) Brush
    TOBS Grapefruit Shave Cream
    Old Spice Fresh Lime After Shave

Untitled.jpg

14. brit

brit in a box

fine red tip shave and pic Jim..:cool:

palmolive fox and jimjo1031 like this.
  15. jimjo1031

Thank you Gary.

palmolive fox and brit like this.
  16. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  17. palmolive fox

8th June 2021.

111.jpg

Pre:
    Brush: Vie-Long Horsehair.
    Face Lather.
    Lather: Vie-Long Shave Stick.
    Blade: Voskhod T.C. 'Snapped in 1/2'. (D1)
    Razor: Yaqi Katana.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils +3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Aloe Vera Gel./ Lidl Cien Aqua ASL.

Greetings,

A wonderful early morning shave....I've mentioned before, i've taught myself never to judge/doubt a shaving soap or cream because of it's cheap price tag, the vast majority of my shave set ups contain inexpensive soaps & creams which have all performed with satisfactory results. The Vie- Long shave stick is absolutely superb, not just for it's price tag, but most importantly for it's performance & post shave feel.

A Enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Lidl Cien Aqua ASL.

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

jimjo1031, Jayaruh and brit like this.
  18. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  19. jimjo1031

Gillette WW II Tech Razor
    Wilkinson Sword Blade
    Czechoslovakian Triumph Boar (restored) Brush
    Jeeves Of Hudson Street Cherry Blossom Soap
    Nivea Deep After Shave

Untitled.jpg

palmolive fox, brit and Jayaruh like this.
  20. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor