Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Menthol Monday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Fine Snake Bite Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #222 Synthetic
    Custom Wood Handle Enders Speed Razor
    Enders Speed Blade
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The Fine Snake Bite Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #222 Synthetic Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Custom Wood Handle Enders Speed Razor with an Enders Speed Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

2. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

Monday SOTD

[​IMG]

RazoRock SS Hawk V3 / Schick Proline
    Maggard Blue Resin 2-Band Badger
    Fine American Blend Shaving Soap & AS

3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday. May 31st, 2021, Memorial long weekend.

Razor: Gem Jr parade 1912 with baton handle- Mfg 1943, nice mid range, I like this handle a lot, care free shave this morning.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(8) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
    Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea- Unique scent + excellent lather qualities, one of my best favorite soaps any time of the year.
    Brush: Yaqi 26mm H.M 2band badger- Excellent lather generator, pillow soft tips with a nice scrub + great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea after shave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]excellent shave with my Gem parade 1912 with a coated GEM blade.
    GEMonday, May31st 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Ever-Ready WW II 24/14 Little Lather Catcher Razor
    Gem Stainless Steel Blade
    Ever-Ready #1 Boar (restored) Brush
    Victory Shaving Lemon-Lavender-Menthol Soap
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Barbasol After Shave

Untitled.jpg

5. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

6. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 1st June

RazoRock Syn. 22mm
    Vitos Super Red
    ES Claymore V1 /Bulldog handle
    Kai CT Protouch MG [ 4 ]
    Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

Managed to get my face burnt a bit on Sunday, through officiating for hours with no hat on- always forget that sun actually gets through the clouds.
    My face is still a little sore, but the Kai guarded blade used today did not cause further irritation and delivered a more than decent close finish.My choice of the Vitos was good as that lather it produces is very protective.

IMG_1497.jpg

Jayaruh, SlimGem, jimjo1031 and 9 others like this.
  7. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos210601.JPG
    Tabac Tuesday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #222 Synthetic
    Enders Speed Blade
    CWR
    Tabac AS

The Tabac Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #222 Synthetic Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Custom Wood Handle Enders Speed Razor with an Enders Speed Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

SlimGem, jimjo1031, GAW9576 and 10 others like this.
  8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

A.S.Razor shave, Tue, June 1st 2021

Razor: Everready 1924(AKA shovelhead)- Mfg-1924-33, great mid range, different way of loading blades from back, once dialed in it will give excellent shaves and a joy to use with great audio feedback. Takes a regular Gem blade that is one of the best.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (9) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
    Soap: Gillette PURE cream, nice refreshing scent with great lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 22mm Cola, 1st use of this new addition Den brush, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, not a lather hog, nice scrub + excellent lather painter. This would be a also for a excellent travel brush and regular Den use IMO.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG+ pickups.
    Post shave: Pinaud clubman with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] Excellent shave with my ER 1924 shovelhead with a coated Gem blade.
    ASR shave Tue, June 1st 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

SlimGem, jimjo1031, GAW9576 and 9 others like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

aahh gin,my favorite..;).fabulous set up and pic Matt..:cool::eatdrink047:

120inna55 likes this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

cool hawk shave and pic Jim..:cool:

GAW9576 likes this.
  11. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

Thank you Gary. ;)

GAW9576 and brit like this.
  12. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Thank you, Gary!

13. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Wednesday 2nd June
    3D Adjustable GEM 'C' Plate
    GEM Stainless Coated #8

[​IMG]

SlimGem, jimjo1031, ischiapp and 8 others like this.
  14. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

15. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Phoenix Shaving | Organism 46-B
    Phoenix Shaving | The Starcraft | Roswell Hybrid Synth
    Durham-Enders | Enders Speed Shaver | Schick Proline B-20

[​IMG]

Organism 46-B opens with a distinct Grand Marnier and cocoa vibe. Later, the sweetness of the liqueur mellows a bit revealing cured tobacco, but it remains boozy all the while. The splash presents the same way, except it's a bit more of the bitter orange. It unfolds similarly, but the dry down is interesting. The sweetness transforms to something reminiscent of warm caramel without the buttery note. Then there's a brief powdery element followed by a gentle, sustained cool ethereal essence. It's quite a ride!

MPF9, SlimGem, jimjo1031 and 9 others like this.
  16. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Williams Wednesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Soap
    Jayaruh #222 Synthetic
    Enders Speed Blade
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Musk AS

The Williams Mug Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #222 Synthetic Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Custom Wood Handle Enders Speed Razor with an Enders Speed Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

17. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I'm guessing that little bit of weight in the handle only improves the handling. Sweet.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

18. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

The Christy-Penn Trifecta:

Penn Dollar Razor (1914)/ Schick B20
    Christy Massage Bar (1923)/ Schick B20
    Penn Adjustable (1917)/ BIC

Total success this morning.

Since the Penn Adjustable-DE blade was an unproven combination I decided to start there with a WTG beard pass. Just terrific. I did a few ATG strokes to test those waters and fine as well. Second pass with the Christy had a different feel of course with an injector blade and my setting was super comfortable if a wee bit mild. No problem ATG. Head shave I started with my usual ATG pass with the Penn Dollar, again a wee bit mild but marvelous. Having tested its capabilities I finished mostly ATG pickups with the Adjustable.

Hat tip to Dave for the shim suggestion on the Adjustable. I just hate to let a good razor sit unused and today's shave left me thrilled to see these underappreciated tools perform so well.

[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

19. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Williams Wednesday's Shave

GEM Damaskeene
    GEM S/S PTFE (1)
    MrEE LE #015
    Vintage Williams Mug Shaving Soap
    T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Spanish Williams Aqua Velva

It's been a while since I've been able to post in this thread - been taking a break from SE's by using my DE's for the past several month. The Damaskeene always impresses me with its performance.

SOTD 06.02.2021.jpg

20. brit

brit in a box

awesome set up and pic Matt.love the brush..:cool::eatdrink047:

120inna55 and GAW9576 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.