What are you waiting on to arrive...?

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Darkbulb, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Found a oneblade NIB locally. Gentlemen offered to deliver for $85. It seems like a good deal. Will find out later?

IMG_7749.jpg
    IMG_7750.jpg
    IMG_7751.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cliffb599, brit, Enrico and 7 others like this.
  2. Jorvaljr

And after 3 years of on/off searching...

AOS Rose Absolute
    IMG_7752.jpg

3. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

That's gotta feel good, Congratulations

Enrico and Jorvaljr like this.
  4. Jorvaljr

Hey thanks, it does.

Dave in KY likes this.
  5. Jorvaljr

IMG_7793.jpg
    I’ve had a $20 gift card for about five years or so to the art of shaving. Since all the stores near me have closed, And they were having a 20% off sale this weekend on the website I ordered me a refill. It’s not tallow but I might as well use up The gift card and what I had.

6. Jorvaljr

IMG_7794.jpg
    Got a good deal on this lot.

7. brit

brit in a box

cool scores.been a while since i've bought some..:cool:

Jorvaljr likes this.
  8. Jorvaljr

Believe it or not I’m actually going to start downsizing my den. Some of my new acquisitions will be flipped later they were pretty much buy and try out of curiosityAnd will be flipped later. I only do this when I can get it an extremely good deal were flipping isn’t an issue. Some Of the old inventory that I had that wasn’t really selling Are used for tradins on replating in exchange for the razors I plan to keep to be replated

brit, Ijustmissedthe50s and Enrico like this.
  9. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Looks like a Gillette Psycho with original key in there? Nice!

brit and Jorvaljr like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

i did that recently.gathered up all the hidden gems and duplicates and traded them off.went from 90+ to around 50 ish.still more work to do but there are many i just can't part with.did a clear out with brushes and soaps,a/s and fragrances as well.fell good.a load off..;)

Ijustmissedthe50s and Jorvaljr like this.
  11. IAmTheJody

Never seen this Nivea aftershave lotion before and vanilla & bourbon intrigues me. $5.54 with free shipping on orders of $35 or more via Walmart, which was easy to reach since I always order a couple of cases Sanpellegrino Limonata sparkling lemonade each month. I noticed castor oil in the ingredients... Might keep me regular too. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone?
    :D

Screenshot_20210605-112231~2a.jpg
    Screenshot_20210605-113425a.jpg

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
  12. Jorvaljr

Never heard of it. But sounds cool. I love their 2 phase aftershave. Its probably the best aftershave i have used.

13. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Nivea is really great stuff! I need to get some of that.

:happy088:

14. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

I don't like the scent of castor oil, can you detect it in the aroma?

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  15. IAmTheJody

Waiting on it to arrive... I'll follow-up once I receive it and use it. :happy088:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    Ijustmissedthe50s, brit and Tedolph like this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

fabulous stuff Jody.one of the best modern aftershaves on the market imo.scent is lovely..:cool::happy088:

17. Jorvaljr

IMG_7926.jpg
    I IMG_7927.jpg
    I have a problem. I love me some travel brushes. This will be my 4th of this type but my first Gillette. I hope the knot is good. It will be awhile before i get this one.

18. brit

brit in a box

very cool.:cool:

Jorvaljr likes this.
  19. IAmTheJody

Well this turned out to be an ordeal. I ordered what I thought was the Post Shave Lotion because that's what it says it is in the title on Walmart's web page. I didn't pay attention to the pictures on there which is of the after shave liquid cologne. And that's what I received today, the aftershave liquid cologne instead of the post shave lotion. Nivea's own web page for the post shave lotion even has a Buy Now button on it that links to the bad Walmart listing web page.

Anyway, just got off of the phone with Walmart's customer service. They told me to keep it and they refunded my money. It smells fantastic but I don't use after shave liquid colognes. I use Christian Dior Sauvage and Hugo Boss colognes. So I will probably put this in the current Traveling Mystery Box which is due to be mailed to me next.
    Screenshot_20210609-140737a.jpg

20. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Every time I see this, I really I feel the need to get it. What's this called ...... oh yeah ..... Enabling.

:D