Anyone interested?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 5, 2021.

?

Would you participate?

Poll closed Jun 12, 2021.
  1. Yes

25.0%
  2. No

75.0%
  1. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

I'm considering doing a CONUS group buy for the Japanese Schick injector blades and wanted to gauge interest... Poll closes in 7 days.

Depending on the exchange rate of the Yen to USD on any given day, a pack of these would cost $10 to $11. Amazon Japan shows 20 packs would cost $227 shipped of which $19 is shipping. This comes out to $11.35 a pack.

40 packs shipped would be
    $441, of which $25 is shipping. That would lower the total single pack cost from $11.35 to $11.03 before the shipping cost from me to you.

Compare those prices to the cheapest I can find on eBay being $18.99 plus $5 shipping for a total of $23.99 a pack.

Then, once the blades arrive from Amazon Japan to me, I'm guessing figuring in another $2, $3, $4 postage shipping from me to you to the $11.35 or $11.03 pack cost. Figuring at the most, the total cost of a pack through the group buy shouldn't be any more than $15 - a good bit under the $23.99 a pack eBay listing.

All of this keeping in mind of course that group buys are a pay up front deal - up front for the blades, the $2, $3, $4 shipping from me to you payment at time of shipping. Payment via PayPal, Cash App and Google Pay would be accepted. In PayPal's case, it would be sent to me as a regular gift payment, not goods, as I shouldn't have to pay PayPal fees. And if there are any trust issues for people who do not know me, I'm sure you can find character references around this wonderful place. I've done group buys here previously facilitating over 50,000 Voskhod DE blades purchased and sent out to buyers with no issues except one where the blades never arrived to a member in a foreign country.

So there's the pitch. Interested? :D
    I will also note that if this group buy moves forward, it won't be until next month so it's not to interfere with the awesome Support TSD Raffle currently taking place!

Screenshot_20210605-152053a.jpg

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
  2. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Have you tried these already @IAmTheJody?

Are these the single blade or the twinjectors?

I don't have an injector so I abstained from the vote, but have been thinking about ordering some of their Artist Club blades.

3. IAmTheJody

I have not tried them which is my impetus for this poll... These are the single blade. I saw the double blade ones as well. They are a little higher in cost but not that much. I guess we could mix and match depending on what people wanted?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
  4. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

I would be in for some but I have a bunch of Chick Schicks as well as B20's already and loaded up lately with a bunch of vintage twin injectors so I'm out. We all know your a character without checking on ya :happy097:

IAmTheJody likes this.
  5. IAmTheJody

I'm definitely going to get some eventually for myself but I just wanted to give others the opportunity as well to get in on it and save a little money. It's really no pressure. I know our injector user contingency is a little thin around here.

The B20? That's injector size but no key, yes?

Dave in KY likes this.
  6. Dave in KY

I just transfer them into an empty Chick case with key ;) If it helps I'll take 2 packs :happy088:

IAmTheJody likes this.
  7. IAmTheJody

Are the B20 and P20 the same?

And now that I think about it, all of my injector razors that I use regularly, except for one, have the Hydro-Magic lever so I need regular injector blades that have the holes in them. The only injector razor that I use that could take B20s is my Schick Classic, aka Schick "Paul Revere".

Dave in KY likes this.
  8. Dave in KY

B's are Injector size and P's are AC size. The number is for how many in the pack. The B's fit any injector like any injector blade. Have it in my F and G razors now......

9. IAmTheJody

Gotcha. And the B's don't have holes in them, correct?

Dave in KY likes this.
  10. Dave in KY

Not sure what holes you mean. Chicks on top, Personna to the left and B's on the right that have a little rounded spot on 1 end of the hole. Doesn't interfere. Injector is an Injector as far as I've always known.....
    IMG_20210605_191234017.jpg

11. IAmTheJody

The 2 holes cut out in the middle of the blade. There are some injector blades that don't have these holes. If they don't have the holes, they won't work with my injector razors because the ones I use all have the Hydro-Magic lever that you flip up and allows for easy cleaning and won't allow the blade to be removed unless the lever is flipped closed. All other Schick injector razor models can use injector blades without the two holes in the middle of the blade. So I was wondering if the B's had the two holes. I found a picture of the B's and they do have the 2 holes so they would definitely work in my Schick Eversharps with the Hydro-Magic lever.

Dave in KY likes this.
  12. Dave in KY

Thanks for the explanation. I had a Hydromagic but guess I was fortunate with blade choices at the time :happy088:

IAmTheJody likes this.