June 2021 30-Day Rule/Focus Pix and Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by wristwatchb, May 26, 2021.

?

In June, I plan to:

1. Complete a rule

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Complete a focus

4.8%
  3. Do it my way

42.9%
  4. Buy more stuff

23.8%
  5. Instigate shenanigans and tomfoolery

28.6%
  6. Start using Tabac and turn my life around

9.5%
  7. Eat more ice cream, cookies, and fried onion rings

42.9%
  8. Keep changing my answers to affect Paul Turner’s poll projections

52.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

20210609_211958.jpg
    Early shave ...late post ....pool day today.
    Another awesome shave with the MM . Carbon steel blade geneously sent by @wchnu since I cant find them in Canada eh. Hand lathered again which I find saves time with cleanup and is really not necessary for this creme type . The AS balm feels and smells wonderful.

brit, JACarbone, wristwatchb and 9 others like this.
  2. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Fantastic shave Joe! As far as masking, you know my thoughts on it and will not stir the pot on this subject here.

3. Trigger

Thanks Joe. The kids were great as always. It was so hot in the classroom, but they did their work.

brit, JACarbone, wristwatchb and 2 others like this.
  4. Trigger

:happy088:

5. Trigger

Very nice shave Patrick.

6. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Wowzers, Jim. Gorgeous image and colors! I’m betting the weepers might be (cause most other ideas have been mentioned)….maybe super small beginnings of skin bumps or other blemish phenomena. I still get that weirdness. I’m sure it will work itself out. That razor looks like the Hulk (in all good ways) of DE variety.

brit, JACarbone, clint64 and 5 others like this.
  7. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Thanks Patrick. And ditto!

Great to hear the wife’s recovery is going well. And, snipes work…;)

Super nice combo and image Gary!

brit, JACarbone, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  8. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Super cool DD straight Joe, love that one. Quarter Hollow Purple Heartwood…..sounds very Harry Potterish. :)

9. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Blair! My pictures are better with the black background. I don't think I'm getting the white balance right with the white background. My lighting is 5000k so I have the camera set to daylight. I'll try auto white balance next time I put the white background in.
    The Sailor is a short stocky razor. I love the look of it and the way it feels in hand.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

brit, JACarbone, wristwatchb and 5 others like this.
  10. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Fun MM quick shave Patrick! Nice efficient combo.

11. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Thanks Joe!

12. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Thanks Blair!

13. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

LED lights are deceptively bright, the eye/brain circuitry color corrects more than we realize. Camera auto systems make LED light setups ‘hot’. Try under exposing up to a full stop with the white background and LED setup. Mine usually works about -2/3, but it depends on reflections and the subject color.

brit, JACarbone, wristwatchb and 5 others like this.
  14. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

brit, JACarbone, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  15. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Wednesday's Shave

RazoRock Lupo 72 ~ Lord Platinum (1)
    Omega Roma Colosseum
    Soap Commander ~ Wisdom
    T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    RazoRock ~ King Louis Lavender AS Tonic

SOTD 06.09.2021.jpg

Another evening shave, another lavender setup. Outstanding scent and performance from the SC Wisdom tonight. It is peppermint forward, but the lavender is still present in the background.
    The Lord Platinum blade pairs well with the Lupo 72, being both sharp and smooth. The RR King Louis Lavender is a great post shave product. It is a deeper lavender scent and the tonic feels so great on the face with a decent amount of menthol. It still has alcohol, but it is 3rd on the ingredients list, with menthol being the 4th.

2 easy passes was all it took tonight for a relaxing, efficient and comfortable shave with no irritation or mishaps.

brit, JACarbone, wristwatchb and 9 others like this.
  16. Trigger

Awesome shave Andrew. The Soap Commander Wisdom scent would definitely be in my wheelhouse.

17. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Thank you, Joe. It is a wonderful scent.

brit, JACarbone, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  18. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

10th June 2021.

112.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
    Brush: Anbbas Boar.
    Face Lather.
    Lather : Boots Original Shave stick
    Blade: Voskhod T.C. 'Snapped in 1/2'. (D2)
    Razor: Yaqi Katana.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. + 3 Menthol Crystals.Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Boots Freshwood ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

The Katana/Voskhod T.C. 'Snapped in 1/2' duo is the best match I've had to date each shave throughout the week has been smooth and comfortable...I intend to carry on with the Voskhod T.C. blade next week to finish my run of Russian DE blades...I have some Chinese Gillette London Bridge & Super Blue blades that I've had for a while but have yet to try out.

My humble shave sticks, provided me with some excellent lathers throughout the week. The Boots stick has a nice fresh fragrance which build a slick protective lather in a short space of time leaving a wonderful post shave feel.

A Enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close pleasurable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Boots Freshwood ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

brit, JACarbone, Trigger and 9 others like this.
  19. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Grabbed some stuff for a pleasant evening shave yesterday.

Not in picture, but I used Trumpers Lime Skin Food as a preshave.

A generous glob of the closest Stirling soap on hand was quickly rendered to a sloshy and finely aerated suds with the @jtspartan 2019 LE crew brush. I think this knot is supurb in the microbubbles department, but I’m going to eventually pull it and reset a little lower so it is not so floppy.

The ‘My Fine Steed’ v2 visited the ‘domed hones of iniquity’ and friends in the abrasive charged ‘bumpy balsa strop’ arena for a smooth improvement. I do like a little more time on hanging strops since I convexed the balsa.

A closer shave then usual with no alarms from alum, then a splash of Glacial Wintergreen WH. Great cooling, but a little too close to BenGay for me to buy more. Now if there was a Glacial Spearmint Witch Hazel, I’d be in.

Glacial Citron for the Glorious Stank of the night.

BDB35CAB-54EB-4DD4-AF6B-7FE4EC9A16FC.jpeg

brit, JACarbone, Trigger and 8 others like this.
  20. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Very nice setup Andrew!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.