June 2021 30-Day Rule/Focus Pix and Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by wristwatchb, May 26, 2021.

?

In June, I plan to:

1. Complete a rule

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Complete a focus

4.8%
  3. Do it my way

42.9%
  4. Buy more stuff

23.8%
  5. Instigate shenanigans and tomfoolery

28.6%
  6. Start using Tabac and turn my life around

9.5%
  7. Eat more ice cream, cookies, and fried onion rings

42.9%
  8. Keep changing my answers to affect Paul Turner’s poll projections

52.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

12th June 2021.

113.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower /Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Pears Transparent Bar Soap. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
    Brush: Anbbas 24mm Synthetic.
    Face Lather.
    Lather: Eco Warrior Bergamot & Lime Shaving Bar.
    Blade : Voskhod. (D1)
    Razor : Merkur 39c.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /La Toja ASL./Nivea Men Sensitive Cooling PSB.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...I haven't gave much attention to my much loved Merkur slants especially the 39c so i'll be using it with all my shaves throughout the week ,pairing it up with another Voskhod blade after the superb shaves i had in my previous weeks shaves.

The Eco Warrior soap bar provided a wonderful slick lather rubbing it directly into my stubble like a shave stick, then started to build up a lather with my damp brush adding more water to the tips of the brush continued building the lather until i got it to the consistency i like...Another superb match with Merkur 39c./Voskhod duo.

I find the Voskhod doesn't feel aggressive when shaving with them, but give an efficient performance feeling very smooth throughout the shave.

A enjoyable close comfortable near BBS shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Sensitive Cooling PSB.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Hembree, 9nein9, brit and 9 others like this.
  2. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Excellent Paul.

Hembree, 9nein9, brit and 3 others like this.
  3. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Superb shave Barry. I have the Merkur 37c which delivers phenomenal shaves. Well done!

Hembree, 9nein9, brit and 3 others like this.
  4. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Yep, nearly double what I paid but someone may grab it as they are rare. Guess that's what he's hoping for.
    He's high on most of his razors but nothing ventured, nothing gained. He has one I'll might be making an offer on when it doesn't sell.

JACarbone, Hembree, 9nein9 and 5 others like this.
  5. Dave in KY

Hope you can get it sorted out Danny. I was on Lisinopril for a week and had the heavy coughing reaction so quit it. So far I have it under control although it's up (WAY up to crazy numbers) at times and then fine. Seems to follow the chronic pain I deal with and the stress in my life that is a roller coaster with being a caregiver at times. I hope you get some relief !

JACarbone, Hembree, 9nein9 and 6 others like this.
  6. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

Thank you Joe...I have the Merkur 37c too, which i prefer and use more than the 39c..As you said though both are great shavers and deliver phenomenal shaves.:cool:

JACarbone, Hembree, 9nein9 and 3 others like this.
  7. Dave in KY

Saturday June 12, 2021
    Razor: Barbasol Floating Head
    Blade: Wizamet (1)
    Brush: Sorrentino Clown Puke
    Soap: Barron's Choice (Current 1508.5)
    AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
    AS 2: Ethos Fresh Lime
    Fragrance:
    Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 948

First off the 1508.5 continues with after removing tub weight we are at @1.2 ounces of soap. I used a Sorrentino today as I have been thinking about Eric (Smattayu) and hoping he is just busy with the house hunting which can be a daunting job and tough decisions to be made.

The Barbasol Floating Head razor is generously on loan from Jorge @Jorvaljr Today's shave was a nice one. I was cautious at first as many say how aggressive this razor is. I didn't find it particularly aggressive but it is efficient and if respected gives a wonderful shave. I got comfortable with it and over buffed around my mouth which lead to a few weepers but that was user error getting cavalier with it. I have read all I can and still don't get the floating head name or how to tell the difference between the 2. I guess I'm just dense. It seems to be a brass plated razor as it has some heft to it like a Gillette Big Fellow. This is a 2 piece design razor as the handle does not separate from the base plate. I'll get another shave with it and then send it back to it's kind owner as I get nervous when in possession of pricey or hard to replace items on loan. Thanks again Jorge and everyone have a great day and weekend !

IMG_20210611_212335577.jpg IMG_20210612_062253191.jpg

JACarbone, Hembree, 9nein9 and 9 others like this.
  8. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks guys!

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

9. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I hope everyone in your family stays well, Jason. As you know, the only safe activity during quarantine is shopping on-line for shave gear and watches.

10. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

@Hembree

I hope you get your BP under control soon. You're smarter than most guys by simply making the decision to go to a doctor. It's way better when you visit the doc, though, and there ain't nuthin' to fix. I'd gladly pay double for that. ;)

Praying for your Bride's continued recovery this morning.

Have a nice weekend, my friend, and report back on any tractor or flea market purchases.

JACarbone, Hembree, 9nein9 and 5 others like this.
  11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Joe, thank you.

12. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    June Focus
    [​IMG]
    Czech & Speake~~Culmak~~Barbasol/Spoiler~~AoS
    Great shave.
    Dr. Mrs. Primo nixed the AoS and opted for Lavande 44 Rania J.
    Hope everyone has a great weekend.

13. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

June 12th
    Razor: Rocnel Sailor 2021
    Blade: Feather NHS (3)
    Brush: Grizzly Bay MaxFury
    Pre-shave: PAA Cube
    Soap: Noble Otter Firefighter
    PAA Galactic Witch Hazel
    PAA Unscented Star Jelly
    AS: Noble Otter Firefighter

Good morning!

Setting V today and the Sailor continues to impress. Three passes for near BBS. Light tickle from the alum.

Have a great weekend!

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

b1hart, JACarbone, Hembree and 9 others like this.
  14. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

Thanks Gary

JACarbone, Hembree, 9nein9 and 2 others like this.
  15. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Wonderful shave report and photo Barry. The Eco Warrior soap is very interesting.

Excellent shave photo and lineup Joseph. I hope you enjoy your day.

Gorgeous photo and shave Jim.

JACarbone, Hembree, 9nein9 and 6 others like this.
  16. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

June 12, 2021
    Karve “D” SB
    Feather
    Antica Barberia Boar
    L’Occitane Cade
    Shave Cream & Aftershave Balm
    Guerlain Vetiver EdT

[​IMG]

Happy Saturday everyone. I decided to use the L'Occitane Cade shave cream today. Inspired by @Primotenore , I bought an Aesop shave bowl. So I added a good amount of the cream along with some B&M Terrorade to the bowl and began lathering. I fully admit I am not master of bowl lathering by any means but I managed to get excellent results. One unexpected effect was the scent of the Cade cream. It was much more pronounced and lasted throughout the shave. Three passes and touch ups ended in a BBS shave with another weeper this morning. I guess my mind was elsewhere. I hope everyone has a great Saturday.

b1hart, JACarbone, Hembree and 8 others like this.
  17. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thanks Danny.

JACarbone, Hembree, 9nein9 and 2 others like this.
  18. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Clint! Back atcha!

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

19. Trigger

Excellent shave with a nice setup Barry!

20. Trigger

Despite the weeps, it was a marvelous ahave, Dave! I never understood what makes a floating head razor as well or the benefits of shaving with one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.