Rockwell Reveal

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by RGF, Jun 15, 2021.

1. RGF

RGF New Member

Got an email from Rockwell that something new is coming June 17. Does anyone know what it is?

Enrico, jimjo1031 and Jorvaljr like this.
  2. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

bebf8bc1566d1b8f29fe6811551595d8.gif
    200 (1).gif

Enrico and RGF like this.
  3. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Nope but I'm interested.

Enrico and RGF like this.
  4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

The Rockwell Double Ring ..........

:happy102: ahhhh no?

RGF, Edison Carter and jimjo1031 like this.
  6. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Looks like a lower head profile TTO. Probably adjustable. Looks like it covers up the blade tabs too, which ought to be a plus for some people.

7. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Eh. Looked at the full details today.

"Redesigned T-Bar and clamshell with a strengthened internal assembly making the T2 more durable and damage resistant than any other Rockwell razor."

$150 or $79 for previous Rockwell backers. Still not the full brass or stainless adjustable razor we asked for. This one is getting a hard "Nope" from me. It still has that 'Soviet era' design look to it, which is, to my eyes, unattractive. Function over form is fine for tools, but I like my razors to also be functional works of art as well.

8. jimjo1031

9. hins2jw0

hins2jw0 Well-Known Member

Agreed… at somewhere close to the MSRP, it’s way over priced being at heart a Zamak piece even with the “updates.” Yes I suppose it’s slightly easier (for someone with little safety razor experience) being a butterfly loading adjustable razor, but for much cheaper, can get a mostly brass (or all brass razor via the Pearl) for significantly less than their asking prices. If adjustable on the fly is your thing. Or you can try some of the other MUCH cheaper Chinese butterfly adjustable razors.

Josh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PLANofMAN likes this.
  10. jimjo1031

Video explaining the differences between the two (subtitled).................

jmudrick and brit like this.
  11. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Had me until "$150 zamak".
    :signs062:

12. IPings

IPings Member

I jumped on it for $79 using coupon code: BACKER at checkout. I'll pay $80 for Zamak and would pay more for a full brass or SS version, but wouldn't pay more than $80 for this razor. I don't know what they were thinking and there is already controversy. It was $150 then $130, there is a 15% discount code: BARBA15, there is the $79 price "only for backers" which anyone can use: BACKER, and their own T2 diagram shows "chromed brass externals" which they show a photo of the clamshell doors.

[​IMG]