Yaqi Single Edge AC style

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by ischiapp, Nov 26, 2020.

1. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

Thanks for the reply... I appreciate it a lot

2. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

You are welcome...I'm sure Yaqi will take care of it. It is a little frustrating having to wait on the replacement.

3. jaro

They haven't helped me at all !! The Whole top part of mine is unusable... I really wanted to have one of these since I cant get a blackland because of the Nightmare I had that afterwards I have swore off Blackland products ......

Hembree likes this.
  4. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

I'm sorry the hear that. Did you order it from Aliexpress?

5. jaro

It was a gift because I had mentioned wanting one since I couldn't have the other..... I don't know where they bought it from...

Hembree likes this.
  6. jaro

Well they (AliExpress) told me they were gonna send a replacement before the went on May day holiday and for me to contact them on the 6th which I did and now they said that they are having to wait until the new production of the razor happens before they can send it but that it's supposed to be the Next Improved version and they don't know when that will be !! So I'm without the razor for the foreseeable future!!

Hembree likes this.
  7. jaro

Well the latest Update from Yaqi is as follows...
    They told me they may upgrade their equipment and May make more or come out with an upgraded model or they may not but IF they do the person said they will contact me and then I can get a replacement for my defective razor.. So it seems that they are basically saying They might do something or they might not and they have NO idea when !!!!! So I'm basically supposed to sit here and be happy with NOT having a razor I can use and no idea when I might get one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This was my first time EVER dealing with Yaqi BUT That's some VERY POOR customer service....

Ijustmissedthe50s and Hembree like this.
  8. jaro

Well I'm still waiting on Yaqi to do something. They just keep saying "not yet , sorry "

Ijustmissedthe50s and Hembree like this.
  9. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

I simply asked why they offer most of their brushes in both 24mm and 26mm size but not their Rainbow brush in 24mm, only 26mm offered. They replied back a week later "Hello dear, you order 10,000 for 24"

jaro and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  10. jaro

Its crazy the way they do.. Oh and they also are still putting the hello dear at the beginning And still are saying most of their staff will be on holiday for the May holidays so their replies may be delayed...

11. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

I've noticed all of the Chinese sellers begin their replies with "Dear" or "Hello dear". I have gotten to where when I email or contact any of them, I start out with "Hello dear!" too.
    :happy102:

Ijustmissedthe50s and jaro like this.
  12. jaro

I just start my messages with hi any news yet ? They reply hello dear not yet.

Ijustmissedthe50s and IAmTheJody like this.
  13. jaro

They just replied and said next month. Patience. I said thanks I will. They replied with kiss emoji..

Ijustmissedthe50s and IAmTheJody like this.
  14. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Could you expand on this? I've rarely heard of any customer service issues with Blackland, and Shane has one of the best warranty and return policies out there.

I agree. I find it hard to believe that Blackland has given you worse customer service than Yaqi at this point.

15. jaro

Not Shane or anything to do with his company.. From what I understand they are both great ... It was a real nightmare not figuratively.. It shook me so badly that I actually swore that what happened in the nightmare would not happen like it did because I would start by not having the product that caused it anywhere near me...

Ijustmissedthe50s and PLANofMAN like this.
  16. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Not the answer I expected. At all.

jaro and IAmTheJody like this.
  17. jaro

I'm sure it wasn't.. I know its crazy but I just feel more comfortable by not having a brand that in My Nightmare hurt one of my children.

Ijustmissedthe50s and PLANofMAN like this.
  18. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

Anyway the last specimens of the V2 shave well.
    Blade (green line) and safety bar (black line) are parallel and aligned.
    Just the topcap looks wierd, a little off the parallel red line.
    [​IMG]

jaro and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Fri, July 23rd 2021

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur 50mm- Mfg 2021, excellent mid range, 1st 50mm blade razor I owned and its enjoyable with the Kai Protouch. Carefree shave today.
    Blade: Kai Protouch MG(1) excellent blade, sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity. One of my favorite blades to use, carefree.
    Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea, interesting scent with excellent lather qualities IMO.
    Brush: Yaqi 24 mm boar bristle- it stopped shedding months ago and it has turned out to be great brush, great lather generator, soft tips , nice scrubber + great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea AS with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea with 2 drops of HA.
    Results: CCS,DFS, BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur with a Kai Protouch blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Just bought the Brass handled Excalibur just now, they are on a flash sale right now if interested on Aliexpress, limited #'s. Hopefully they are making them like my aluminum handle one which is accurate.
    $10us for the brass handle and $8 for the Aluminum one, they will sell out quickly.

Hembree likes this.