July 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion. All are welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Jul 1, 2021.

?

How will you celebrate Freedom Month?

1. By shaving with whatever I please.

10 vote(s)
    58.8%
  2. By committing to my first rule.

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  3. By committing to my first focus.

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. By shaving with only American-made products.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. By eating only American-made ice cream and cookies.

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  6. By voting to commit the writer of these polls.

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Joe.

Thank you Joe.

Thank you Blair. The machine finish is starting to grow on me.

JACarbone, Hembree, brit and 2 others like this.
  2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Thanks, Joe. I intend on honing my honing skills as well. ;)

JACarbone, Hembree, brit and 4 others like this.
  3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Welcome aboard. Fine set of hardware and software for the focus.

4. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

July 2, 2021
    WSC/Yates Winning Razor
    Gillette 7 O’clock Black
    MrEE LE #4 with Maggard SHD
    Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    Grand Bay Rum Aftershave

[​IMG]

Happy Friday Everyone. Back with the Fat for a Fat Friday shave. The MrEE loaded and lathered the Wool Fat with ease. I have really grown to love this soap. I will replace it when this tub is gone. Another automatic drama free BBS shave to start the day. I hope everyone has a great Friday.

5. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Welcome aboard!

6. Trigger

Thanks Dave! It is an inexpensive razor, but it is something different and that is why I bought it.

JACarbone, Hembree, brit and 3 others like this.
  7. Trigger

Wonderful shave Dave! I am going to bring out my Shake Sharp and do an above-the-shoulder shave this month.

8. Trigger

You are welcome. In regards to soaps, I am in the same NB position as you. I have to knock off 13 more soaps before I can even think about it.

9. Trigger

Thanks Joe. No, not at all. I was looking to add another inexpensive shavette without getting 100 DE blades as part of the package. Originally, I wanted to get a Black Widow shavette because it was under 20 dollars and it looked nice, but it included 100 DE blades. I have heard of the Equinox in my early wetshaving journey, so I checked their website. They had the typical snap the DE razor in half shavettes and suddenly, I came upon the one I ended up purchasing. Free shipping, a tuck of blades, the design and the price of 15 dollars sold me.

10. Trigger

Fabulous Fat Friday shave Clint!

11. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

20210702_063156.jpg
    It's Fat Friday and Jeff @jgreenepa is back on the saddle. :happy108:Jeff, this shave is for you!

Karve with F solid bar plate.
    Astra SP (fresh)
    Simpson Trafalgar T3
    Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    Cremo Bourbon and Oak EdT

No need to describe the lather....y'all know it was good stuff.

I completed 2 quick passes that was smooth as glass. The alum was a little warm in a few places and after I applied the witch hazel I noticed a small weeper in an unusual spot. Upon further inspection it was a small bump that got clipped....I will not even count that...it should not have got on the way. :D

So, do I prefer the E or the F plate? I know Jason @jtspartan was inquiring about plates a while back.

Out of the two....I prefer the F plate. It is still smooth with just a hint and I mean hint of blade feel. It is a very efficient plate. Jason has the D plate and I really like the D plate as well. I would say that the F plate is a D plate with a turbocharger. Jason just skip the E plate and go for the F plate. ;)

I hope everyone has a great Friday and a nice long weekend planned.

JACarbone, wristwatchb, brit and 11 others like this.
  12. Trigger

Terrific shave, gear and pic Danny! I had a feeling that you would prefer the F plate.

13. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

I ordered the ‘F’ SB and ‘C’ OC plates yesterday.

14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Joe.

15. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

My assessment on the E & F plates was the same as yours. Happy Friday Danny.

jtspartan, JACarbone, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  16. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Let us know what you think of the C OC plate. I often think I should have got the C OC instead of the D OC.

17. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

You're saying you want to wait til all 13 are gone before you "refresh", right?

18. Paul Turner

Aaaaand...as we begin another poll, we see that Shave With Whatever I Please was slingshot out of the gate(who did the slingshootin') with a 3-vote lead. Not ready to project JUST yet, but a great start.

19. Trigger

I have 19 soaps and 2 tubes of cream. I am 66. I don't want to leave a lot of soap around when I go on to meet my Maker. If I was 10 to 20 yrs younger than I would not care o much. I have mentioned this situation a number of times. Realistically, I don't have to buy soap for 5 yrs because I use 3 pucks of soap a year.

20. Paul Turner

Fine shave this morning. 0:40(and 0:10 into the shave)to load the Maggard with the cold Stoylin. I probably should have used something else, as the temp. has dropped quite a bit since just 2 days ago. And what can I say...real good shave in all areas, taking more time at NW Porcupine than everywhere else. More "ice-chipping" across the Porcupine/Cactus border(at the jawline). Razor slid right across, no issues. A little better with the Vetiver A.S-that is, less of a Niagra Falls persuasion than yesterday. Good finish with the Pete Cardin("Pierre")cologne fragrance. I do the insides of my wrists and elbows(that it, as opposed to right on them). Outta This World Excellent.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.