July 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion. All are welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Jul 1, 2021.

?

How will you celebrate Freedom Month?

1. By shaving with whatever I please.

10 vote(s)
    58.8%
  2. By committing to my first rule.

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  3. By committing to my first focus.

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. By shaving with only American-made products.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. By eating only American-made ice cream and cookies.

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  6. By voting to commit the writer of these polls.

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Your post says it all Paul!

JACarbone, Hembree, brit and 3 others like this.
  2. Glondus

Glondus Well-Known Member

2 July 2021

Razor - DE89
    Brush - Proraso Professional
    Soap - Proraso Green
    Blade - Rapira
    After Shave - Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Shave Cologne No:1

last week i used proraso white and arko only, i missed menthol, i guess i am menthol head :)

20210702_162740_mfnr.jpg

3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Thanks Joe...Good to get an Outta this early in the month.

4. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

July 2nd
    Razor: Paradigm Diamondback 2020
    Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)
    Brush: Heritage Collection dubl duck
    Pre-shave: PAA Cube
    Soap: PAA Et Tu
    PAA Galactic Witch Hazel
    PAA Star Jelly
    AS: PAA Et Tu

Good morning!

Fantastic Foúgere Friday shave! The Diamondback is so very smooth it always comes to mind whenever I read the various favorite razor threads.

The gelled boar face lathered effortlessly. It took a lot of uses to get it to break in but it's finally there.

As I was cleaning up I noticed water under the sink. Shoot! The drain rotted away from the sink. Fortunately I caught it early. The plan for today was to install a gate on the back split rail fence. Looks like some plumbing work is added to the list. Amazon has the matching part I need and for 2.99 extra it'll be delivered today. Cool! I've had to replace one of these before and I couldn't find what matches our fixtures locally. Should be a quick fix.

Have a great day!

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

5. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Very nice!

I'm Jim btw.

6. Paul Turner

Great point, Joe. I'm sure the Pierre Cardin and Passion colognes will last me the rest of my life, as might a few of my soaps.

7. Glondus

Thank you Jim

My name is Tolga . Nice to meet you

8. Paul Turner

Oh wow...that is a MAN on the soap lid.

JACarbone, Hembree, brit and 4 others like this.
  9. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Nice to meet you.
    If you have any questions be sure to ask. We're all here to help.

10. Trigger

Excellent shave Tolga! Have you tried the Chiseled Face Cryogen? It's the ultimate Freeze your face off soap. It is made by Chiseled Face.

11. Trigger

Awesome shave, pic, etc. as always Jim! Glad you noticed the problem at the early stage before it became a major pain.

12. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Joe!
    I should be able to get the gate done while I'm waiting for the sink drain. A little early to be running my power tools though. Trying to be a good neighbor.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

13. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Very nice Tolga. Menthol chilled shaves are fantastic

14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Good luck with the home projects Jim. Happy Friday

15. Glondus

i had no idea:) i googled it and now i want it:) thanks

JACarbone, clint64, Hembree and 5 others like this.
  16. Trigger

July 2 SOTD

Good morning one and all!

Shavette Shave #280
    Dovo
    Personna Hairshaper Blade (8)
    Omega Pro 49 Boar Brush
    Elly's Wonder Shop Mysterium Paracelsus SS
    Stirling Piacenza AS
    Maggard's Alum Block
    Dickinson's WH
    Whiskers: 25 hrs

20210702_101355.jpg

The Mysterium Paracelsus SS really has a nice, pleasant floral scent and it lathers well. My only complaint with the soap is that it doesn't air dry. For some reason, the water does not evaporate. I think it takes some of the humidity out of the air. Anyway, it is made in the Ukraine. You can get other soaps by Elly's Wonder Shop from The Razor Co., but not this one. Btw, The Razor Co has free shipping with all purchases. Did one WTG pass and one ATG pass to get a near BBS shave without any mishaps or irritation. The alum gave me a little feedback. Finished the shave with the Stirling Piacenza aftershave because it has a floral scent that goes with the soap. Have a super Friday guys!

17. Trigger

You are welcome! The only scent you get is the highly concentrated menthol. Warning: do not bloom soap or soak you brush to load the puck, otherwise the soap gets very mushy and you end up finishing the puck quickly. I would suggest only using a synthethic brush and tap the puck at the max 10 times and then only wet the tips to lather your face. Once your brush is wet, do not go back to the puck! You will have enough lather for the shave.

JACarbone, clint64, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  18. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

That's a gorgeous brush and I'm glad that the boar has broken in. Sorry about the plumbing but it sounds like it's time to put some PVC drain in for that trap.

JACarbone, clint64, Hembree and 4 others like this.
  19. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Great shave Joe, have a great day!

JACarbone, clint64, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  20. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

6683D96A-88EB-4256-ACC2-997C56F4CA35.png
    SOTD Friday MORNING, JULY 2, 2021

Gratitude is something younger folk don’t generally give much credence to, but as we increase the number of solar rotations on the life card, and see those we’ve cared about move on without us, our friends begin to become younger and younger. I don’t mean to sound maudlin, but two months in a rehab facility gives one ample time for reflection. Now mind you, it did have its high points. My physical therapist was a very healthy young woman who worked me tirelessly, rotating limbs and really helping. She always smelled great. I told her my immediate goal was to get my dominant side back in the game so I could straight shave ambidextrously. She assures me that I’m making tremendous progress. Gross motor skills are back, and I'm working like a demon to get the fine motor tuned.

Todays’s shave featured my second Victor Creazzi Damascus shorty straight razor. Victor is a true master razor smith. He swapped out the original scales for his own custom made blue ‘Mycarta’ scales, his designation, not mine. My grandson was kind enough to strop it for me, and despite SWMBO’s conviction that I’ll end up cutting my throat open, the shave was great! My joke that that’s why straights are called “cut throat” razors by some, wasn’t received by my bride in the spirit intended. In any case, my one handed straight technique is improving, but I’m committed to returning to my preferred two handed approach. The LaResche 51 is just a great shaver, and it made quick work of my dome stubble. My MrEE LE SynBad knotted brush certainly contributed to the great MWF lather! I feel clean and velveteen smooth.

RAZOR: Victor Creazzi 7/8 Damascus Shorty (Mug), LaResche 51 (Dome)
    BLADE: Polsilver DE
    PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
    BRUSH: MrEE LE #005 Aluminum Handle SynBad Knot
    SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme AS Balm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.