It's called SHOWER or shave. So what are you using in the shower?

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jul 3, 2021.

1. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

I have recently - about 2 months ago - began using Ivory Moisturizing Body Wash - Hint of Lavender. I'm not afraid of "unmanly" scents...

This stuff is amazing. It has actually improved my shaves as well. When I am done with my shower after using this, every hair on my whole body is super soft. Every. Hair. Whole. Body. I've never used a soap or body wash that has softened the hair like this does.

My previous go to was Dove Refreshing Cucumber and Green Tea but about 3 months ago they changed the formula and it just isn't the same, hence me trying something new.

The Ivory Moisturizing Body Wash is available in five "flavors": Hint of Lavender, Hint of Cotton, Hint of Aloe, Hint of Chamomile and Hint of Coconut. Free of dyes, parabens and phthalates. A little goes a very long way as it creates a lot of thick lather. I use three pumps and that's probably even too much but I like a lot of soap when showering.

So fess up! What bathing / showering soap do you use? Lava bar soap? Axe? Dove? Dawn dishwashing liquid? A Tide pod? :D

3._Ivory_Premium_BW_03_Family__02934.1611101530.jpg

jimjo1031, brit and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Nivea body wash
    [​IMG]

:bath:

3. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Last Stirling haul I made I grabbed a handful of their soaps. Currently on the Electric Sheep. I love it and haven't had a bad bar yet. I grabbed some of their end of season clearance bars too so Candy Cane is up next. Maybe Tangerine. Agar was crazy great smelling. I'm down to two bars so I may have to make another haul.

4. IAmTheJody

Candy Cane? Assuming peppermint scent? I bet that's an interesting soap for bathing. I know this is beyond the realm of TMI, but doesn't those mint and menthol soaps make the meat and two veg burn and tingle?
    :ashamed001::lyrtuy5:

5. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

It's more of a tingle for their normal and a strong tingle for their heavily mentholated. Even their heavily mentholated "Glacial" stuff isn't "burn you" level. To answer your question head on though, yes, that whole area is tingling by the time you finish rinsing off but it quickly goes away. It is like wearing a speedo made of menthol for 10 minutes or so. They have non-mentholated as well, for the less adventurous and/or menthol sensitive folks out there, in fact most of their line up is non-mentholated.

I just finished an order for more. I picked up a shampoo bar this time to see how it is.

I will now have a matching set of their Orange Chill, except for the shave balm. I'll be an orangey ball of chill from top to bottom.

I also grabbed a Glacial Orange Chill bath soap and another AS (the glass bottle either has a leak or my son found a winner...), Glacial Lemon Chill, Glacial Coconut Lime, and Glacial Black Cherry.

6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I've used it. I like it a lot(at this time of year).

7. brit

brit in a box

cremocompanybodywash_3.jpg
    lovely stuff.sage and citrus,bourbon and oak,pacific sea salt and grapefruit are excellent scents..:)

8. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

Brut Original shower gel
    DSC00257.JPG

9. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Pure lye and a steel wool pad.

:happy097:

Dove Men+Care bar soap in Fresh Scent and Dove Men+Care 2-in-1 Anti-Dandruff shampoo.
    Been using 'em for years.

My son-in-law bought me a bar of Duke Cannon soap and some Duke Cannon shampoo for Christmas.
    The soap has been used up and I alternate between the Dove and Duke Cannon shampoo, so there's still some of that left.
    I like the Duke Cannon products. He also got me some of their beard oil I use for my mustache. Good stuff, but a bit pricey.

10. IAmTheJody

Duke Cannon... Ironic. I was in a gas station this week and they had this big table display of all kinds of Duke Cannon products from bar soaps to shaving cream to solid cologne to beard wash and oil... In a gas station.
    IMG_20210701_143511a.jpg IMG_20210701_143434b.jpg IMG_20210701_143515c.jpg

11. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I’ve seen people getting their breakfast in a gas station.

Some with a hot breakfast sandwich and juice …

… and others with two Redbull’s and a pack of smokes.

12. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

13. IAmTheJody

Oh man I bet that smells awesome! How's it for lather and moisturization?

14. brit

brit in a box

pretty decent stuff..just like their shave cream..:)

15. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

lathers fine and moisturizes pretty good. besides, it smells great.

16. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Zest bar soap and T-gel shampoo with coal tar.

17. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

How about a little napalm .....

:eatdrink047:

brit, Silvestris, swarden43 and 3 others like this.
  18. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

I have a hard time finding it, and I don't want to pay for on line shipping, but I really like Clubman shampoo and body wash.

IAmTheJody and brit like this.