Tom's razor creations

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jul 7, 2021.

1. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Or even the later Schick injectors... 60s, 70s, 80s... Looks like the hood is just a 90° bend over? Just a thought. I have two of the first variant Fashion Razors and they have the hump as well. Oddly, it seems to work great on my head but takes a lot of paying attention to and redoing strokes on my face, as is the case also with the Bunny V2. Maybe because on the head, I'm shaving in a different stroke direction? I don't know. The hump just seems to work great on the head but not so much on the face.

jmudrick and twhite like this.
  2. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

FWIW, the hump has always been useful to me. It seems to help keep the optimal angle, just like the Hussy does. As a result both provide one of the closest shave you can get :bounce017:

However, the PAL Injecto-Matic rivals that closeness without a hump so it can be done but I’d miss the distinctive design. :chores016:

IAmTheJody and twhite like this.
  3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Menthol Monday's / Tom's Creations Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Proraso Green Shave Soap
    The Brush B-400 by Tom
    Bunny V-3 Injector by Tom
    Schick Proline B20
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The Proraso Green Shave Soap lathered well with the B-400 Brush by Tom. Two passes and touch ups with the Bunny V-3 Injector Razor with the NOTSO comb and a Schick Proline B20 Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Karl G and twhite like this.
  4. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Wonderful, wonderful shave with the Bunny V2. I like this version better. It’s a little heavier and I find the handle easier to grip. Same fabulous shaving head as it’s successor. I replaced the blade as it had been some years since it’s last use and remembered this time to switch to the MILD comb after the first two passes. However, the shave was sooooo close that the razor wasn’t picking up anything. So, I put in the NOTSO comb for a little further reduction and I am currently enjoying that smoothest of faces :happy036:

Hot water preparation
    Argan Oil PSO
    Shavemac 2-Band Silvertip Badger
    Castle Forbes 1445 Shaving Cream
    Bunny V2 by Tom WILD/WILD/NOTSO
    Schick (1)
    AOS Lavender After Shave Balm

33FA5BA1-EA1B-4054-A517-288338E615C0.jpeg

Happy shaving - Karl

Oh, and a little bit of whimsy. Here’s the infamous “Bunny Ears” first documented, I believe, by @Jayaruh
    E242E192-02C9-422D-BACE-9C6387DFA691.jpeg

Jayaruh, jimjo1031 and Edison Carter like this.
  5. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I never tried that version with round handle, but I always liked the look of it better.

Karl G and twhite like this.
  6. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Yep, Bunny Ears.
    bunny ears.jpg

Edison Carter and Karl G like this.
  7. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

I was going to make a smart a** comment like, “Who keeps random shaving photos around for years?” Then I remembered what’s taking up storage on my iPad :rofl:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
    richgem, Edison Carter and twhite like this.
  8. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Tabac Tuesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shave Soap
    The Brush B-400 by Tom
    Bunny V-3 Injector by Tom
    Schick Proline B20
    CWR
    Tabac AS

The Tabac Shave Soap lathered well with the B-400 Brush by Tom. Two passes and touch ups with the Bunny V-3 Injector Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

[​IMG]

9. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    The Bunnies and Williams. Sweet. I will be switching over to the Original TNNSER tomorrow.

sos210721b.JPG

twhite likes this.
  10. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Thursday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    CTAPT Shave Cream
    The Brush B-400 by Tom
    TNNSER Original
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Musk AS

I am so grateful to have the Original TNNSER. What a great little shaver. Thanks again, @twhite.

The CTAPT Shave Cream lathered well with the B-400 Brush by Tom. Two passes and touch ups with the TNNSER Original Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Edison Carter and twhite like this.