The Haul: August 2021

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by IAmTheJody, Jul 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

Friday mail call is from eBay; today I got a NOS 4 oz bottle of Jovan Black Musk for men aftershave/cologne. 3283C7E6-C352-47BB-8F5D-B2528AC3750C.jpeg

brit, jimjo1031, John Beeman and 4 others like this.
  2. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Nice Clog Pruf (Peerless model) Jody, 17 nib safety bar from the standard models. I also own one and enjoy it very much. I find it a little more gentler than the MMOC but still a great mid range Micromatic of the different variants of Micromatics. Enjoy!

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  3. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Thanks Ron! I have had a shave with it since receiving it and there's only one word: Amazing.

My recent tiptoe back into the world of GEM-style SE shaving really has me considering doing away with all of my injector and DE razors in my rotation, save for three. It really has opened my eyes and I only have three DE razors, and no injector razors, that can compete with my three SE razors.
    :shocked003:

Ijustmissedthe50s, Jorvaljr and Ron R like this.
  4. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

:signs081::taunt002::rofl:

Dave in KY and Jorvaljr like this.
  6. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

:rofl:

Yes, I've considered the ramifications from the DE and injector gods. But I think it is a very valid thing to consider when you find yourself using your SE razors for most of your shaves while your others sit in darkness in the medicine cabinet. And I have the tangible effect of being able to blame someone: It's all Tom's fault with his darn TNNSER SE razor!

7. Jorvaljr

Well, i completely understand. Im going to be a friend for you here and offer my help. Pack it all up and just ship it all to me.. rip it off like a bandaid and be done with it. It will be hard.. you may reach for one and find it gone but know in the end they are in a good home

8. Angelo85

Saturday mail call is from eBay; it’s a NOS bottle of Gambler Musk by Jovan aftershave. A98FEC67-9CAE-4BFA-9E97-1D8D8D0D02A2.jpeg

9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Hows the scent?

:eatdrink013:

Angelo85 likes this.
  10. Angelo85

I find it very pleasant. I detect some woodsy note along with musk.

Enrico likes this.
  11. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

You can always put them away for a while. A few years ago, I went 6 months with only using the Clog Pruf. Its a good shaver.

I still have most of my DE razor heads. They don't get used nearly as much any more, but it is nice to have them when I want a change. I have spent the last 4 months with the RR Hawk V3A mostly.

12. brit

brit in a box

not in the buyers market at present but couldn't leave it there..;)

friday's antique store find.$20..canadian triangle slot tech with it's proper handle.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Jorvaljr

Awesome gary!

brit likes this.
  14. Jorvaljr

IMG_9252.jpg
    IMG_9253.jpg

Alot of things came in today.

- I got the PAA set in a trade for my kshaveworks hump day which i couldnt stand. This Porthos set is really old school smelling.
    - the single ring case is pretty good considering its age and the single ring is in great shape!
    - the straight razor has a small chip in the blade. Ill add it to the pile.
    - the bulldog came from France and its already been replated. I dont know what but it looks like chrome to me maybe rhodium? No cracks looks really shiny
    - the 1936? Aristocrat needs replating and although it didnt come with a case, Jody was kind enough to offer one to me.
    - the figaro was a free add on and it looks really nice, not perfect but nice
    - the single edge was also a free add on it looks really good, the base plate is wider than a gem. Hmm not sure what can fit in here.

15. brit

brit in a box

thank you Jorge.:):eatdrink047:

Jorvaljr likes this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

very cool haul Jorge..:cool:

Jorvaljr likes this.
  17. Jorvaljr

IMG_9255.jpg
    IMG_9256.jpg
    I recieved these in last week and forgot to add them. These came from a vendor i met a few weeks ago at the monthly Rose Bowl flea market. I shaved with both of them already a couple of times and I tell you what… They are REALLY GOOD soaps. I’ll be doing a write up soon, but im impressed with the quality of soap.
    IMG_9258.jpg
    IMG_9257.jpg

18. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Very nice Gary! Good rescue. ;)

brit likes this.
  19. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Sweet haul! That bulldog looks awesome replated!

Ijustmissedthe50s and Jorvaljr like this.
  20. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

This week was not a lot of fun for me. I was having abdominal pain since Monday, but kept putting it off to being bad indigestion. Thursday morning I had to call into work sick & also missed my stepsons wedding rehearsal dinner as well as the wedding on Friday evening. My wife & our youngest son did go to the wedding & then stayed over at my stepsons to watch the wedding couples 3 kids & dog sit too which left me home alone so none really knew how bad off I really was including myself. So on Saturday I finally got to the clinic & after x-rays and blood work was instructed as to which local hospital had the fewest people waiting in the emergency room & to drive there immediately "do not stop-go not pass go" as my doctor worded it. It was initially thought I would be having my appendix removed but after a CT scan it turned out to be my gallbladder had a large stone plugging it up and infection was turning gangrene. So I ended up having a laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Bye bye gallbladder. :prrr: I came home today looking very scruffy with several days of beard growth & a clean shaven belly with lots of new holes in it. My upper chest looks like it has a unibrow though. :happy097:
    Sorry...that was slot of rambling on just to say on the bright side my Rotbart Mond-Extra arrived while I was in the hospital, so I am looking forward to removing my scruffy beard tomorrow. Plus I'll be off work for at least 2 weeks
    20210830_195957.jpg 20210830_195224.jpg 20210830_195302.jpg 20210830_195334.jpg 20210830_195119.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.