The Haul: August 2021

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by IAmTheJody, Jul 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Man what a week. Glad your doing well now. But i have to say, i regret sleeping on that rotbart now! Lol congrats

Ijustmissedthe50s, brit and Aztecmike like this.
  2. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Thanks. I should have listened to a co-worker on Monday when she told me maybe you need to go see a doctor. Guess as I'm getting older I'm not as bullet proof as I used to be. Lol. Gotta say I'm a bit envious of that shiney bulldog of yours...has me considering replating mine.

brit and Jorvaljr like this.
  3. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Sorry about the surprise surgery but glad you are healing up and getting clean shaved again. Take care

brit, Aztecmike and Jorvaljr like this.
  4. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I wonder that also.

brit likes this.
  5. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Thanks Dave! Much appreciated :)

brit and Dave in KY like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

thank you Mike.it had years of abandoned medicine cabinet all over it..;):eatdrink047:

Aztecmike likes this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

cool rotbart set Mike.get well soon..:cool::eatdrink047:

Aztecmike likes this.
  8. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Glad you're okay and got it out before it really was too late! I live by the rule that anything that hurts for more than 36 hours, isn't normal and needs immediate medical attention if able!

And beautiful Red Beard set!

brit and Aztecmike like this.
  9. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Well, you wouldn't know to look at it now it cleaned up quite nicely. :eatdrink047:

brit likes this.
  10. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Gracias Gary! I'm not usually much for pain pills but for the next couple days I think I'm going to enjoy being "comfortably numb" as much as possible. :eatdrink047:

brit likes this.
  11. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Thank you Jody! It seems I was quite lucky that I didn't wait any longer to get this checked out. My neighborhood urgent care clinic and Methodist West hospital here in Des Moines really pulled through for me though. They were awesome. God bless our healthcare workers!

12. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Thanks to a generous PIF from @jay_gatz , these Dutch Schick injector blades arrived today! The Dutch-made Schick blades are supposed to be among some of the best blades ever made, injector and DE. Definitely looking forward to the shaves!

Good timing too as I'm up next in the TARMAX Injector by Tom pass-around!

IMG_20210831_132917~2_resize_62.jpg

jay_gatz, jimjo1031, Jorvaljr and 5 others like this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

thank you Mike.a good dawn soak and some polish brought it back to current standings.lots of life left in it..:):eatdrink047:

Ijustmissedthe50s and Aztecmike like this.
  14. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I am sorry you went through all of that, Mike. I hope you heal quickly and recover fully.

Aztecmike and brit like this.
  15. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Thank you Joseph. Your kind words are much appreciated. I am sore but much better than I was last week & very fortunate as now understand I was on the cusp of this being a much worse situation and outcome. On a positive note it will also force me to embrace a healthier diet & hopefully drop a few pounds as well. :)

brit and Primotenore like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.