pu-erh tea

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by gatto, Dec 1, 2008.

1. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

Anybody else drink pu-erh tea? I'm pretty new to it but I have a couple of lbs of it, some raw, some ripe. Ages between 2007 and 2000, I use a cheap little yixing pot that is surprisingly nice for it's cost. I tend to drink it pretty weak, I only use about 1 gram of tea per 2 oz of water, which seems to be half the average amount.

Anyway, I was just wondering what everybody else's pu-erh routine was? how much? what type? how long? what type of pot?

2. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    I've rarely drank pu-erh... maybe I should more.

3. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

If Jen says you have to drink it, you must. She's got that feminine charm thing going for her.

To be quite honest... I think I've had pu-erh only once.

4. Will

Will Nevermind

Never got into tea really but the threads that keep coming up are peaking my interest.

5. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    Pu-erh is really neat stuff. The thought of making tea, from an ancient tree is just cool. The oldest known pu-erh tree is about 2,700 years old.

6. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

yeah it's interesting. It's also fun to make if you use a yixing pot and it's really pretty. I also drink a lot of loose leaf tea when I'm not in the pu-erh mood or I'm at work. A yixing pot and a tea that requires a rinse steep don't work very well in the office.

7. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

My first glass of pu-erh was fantastic. I will definitely get more. Thanks again Jen.

8. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

yay! I'm glad you liked it! I get all mine from www.puerhshop.com

9. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I havent had any in a while. I generally drink white tea at night. If I'm looking for a hot drink during the day its coffee. Or espresso. Or anything that comes out of the machines that make either of the two. But I reserve tea for night time, so I drink white, with barely any caffeine.

10. burnWood

JayKay I may be wrong but I think you might have fun over at How's your Day thread.

11. burnWood

dang. i will go there right now.

12. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

I got some from the recent group by. I've only had one cup so far but this stuff rocks :D