Members Pet Gallery

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by mastermute, Dec 18, 2007.

1. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Awww! Beautiful fur baby!

Queen of Blades likes this.
  2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

JoAnna, I'll be praying for you and Bam Bam

BTW is it the front or back leg?

I knew a cat at a local hardware store that was short a back leg. I was always amazed that he was still able jump over six feet to the top of a shelf with apparent ease. For years many customers and I would call him Tripod and enjoy his greeting us to the store.

:angelic013:

Paul Turner and Aztecmike like this.
  3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Back leg.

Thanks for sharing about Tripod. It is reassuring to hear real life stories.

Enrico likes this.
  4. joamo

joamo Well-Known Member

I have a friend whose greyhound had a back leg amputated recently. Took less than a week for the dog to sort things out and he is doing very well.

5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Poor greyhound :-(....I'm glad he' doing fine, considering...

Enrico likes this.
  6. Queen of Blades

Today is the day.

Dropped Bam Bam off this morning for his surgery.

Didn't realize I would have to decide between CPR or a DNR, if the situation arises. Talked it over with the tech and went with CPR. But this is the first kitty surgery I've had to decide such a thing.

7. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Wishing your kitty the best and a quick recovery. Prayers sent

8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Praying for Bam Bam JoAnna.

God bless ..... :angelic013:

9. Queen of Blades

I'm sure there is a reason for this, but if the vet office that told me he needed his leg amputated asks me one more time to verify which leg needs amputated............

Got a call from the tech just now, saying the vet had examined him and looked over the x-rays again, but they needed me to verbally verify which leg was to be amputated.

That's not worrisome at all.

Enrico likes this.
  10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

It may not be worrisome, but it appears he was asking you to verify the results he already had. I hope all goes well for Bam Bam.

11. IAmTheJody

Late on this but hope it went well. The whole verify which leg thing seems odd. He's the vet that made the diagnosis and has the x-rays, he should know which leg...

12. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

@Queen of Blades , I hope all is well with Bam Bam. Would I be correct in assuming they want him restricted to a cage or small room for the first two weeks? :signs002:

:)

13. Queen of Blades

He seems to be doing well. Not sure I can say the same for myself.

He took to hiding under the bed in the 2nd bedroom, as I expected. So, I set up all the kitty necessities in there, and closed the door. Checked on him all evening. Luckily, I stuck a pillow under the bed that he kept laying on. Easy enough to pull the pillow out and look him over.

I slept on the floor near him, and before I fell asleep he came out and got under my covers. Either he got too hot or the pain got uncomfortable and he went back to under the bed.

When I woke up, I saw he had used the litterbox and eaten/drank. I called him and he came out to see me. Which is when I noticed his front leg/paw, that had been bandaged after removal of the IV, was swollen like a balloon. It had been restricting circulation. I yanked that bandage off, and he laid down and started purring.

I called the vet and was told to give it some time to see if it comes down and that I could ice it, and that I was supposed to remove it a couple hours after he got home. Sure isn't on the paperwork they sent me home with. Very little aftercare instructions are on those papers in fact. We did speak to a tech before leaving the vet office yesterday, but there was a lot of stuff discussed, and it would be far more helpful to have instructions in writing.

So now we just need to give it some time and see if the swelling comes down.

The incision from the surgery looks well, and he seems to be getting around better already.

Eeyore, Enrico, PanChango and 4 others like this.
  14. IAmTheJody

So relieved to hear he made it through the surgery and seems to be coping as well as can be expected after such an ordeal. Hopefully there won't be any further issues with the swollen arm. Just love on that baby and give him some extra loves from all of us.

15. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Melvin.jpg

Melvin on his favourite spot; my old computer backpack ;)

16. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Amen.

IAmTheJody and Queen of Blades like this.
  17. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

That's one vicious kitty if I ever saw one.

Here's mine buried under paired up socks ..... I was trying to give the feeling of having kittens.
    IMG_0879.JPG
    Bella in her usual activity (sleeping).

:eatdrink013:

18. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

He's a former stray, and he was only neutered when he was five years old (maybe even older, we're not sure about his age).
    He has some character indeed, but he's a sweety too (not sure if the neighbour cats fully agree). When the animal shelter got him in from the streets, he clearly had been in one or more fights, and probably not always as the winner (he has a scar in his neck area, and both his ears have missing pieces).

I am told that this is the look male cats get when they are not neutered before reaching adulthood and having to fend for themselves.
    We also don't let him out after dark, because he is a fierce hunter (we compensate by playing a lot with him :) ).

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    Enrico and Queen of Blades like this.
  19. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I had an orange tabby that LOVED to go out in the evenings to beat the snot out of any male cats he found; man he played hard! He had the scars and always begged to go out for more. He went out one evening and we think he was found by the local coyotes and unfortunately that was the end on Teak. Could I have kept him in ....... maybe, but he was a good cat that enjoyed living hard. Boy I'm looking forward to seeing him in heaven.

:eatdrink047:

Ron R, Queen of Blades and Eeyore like this.
  20. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    Glad he's ok!