Bingeworthy?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by BigMike, Sep 20, 2021.

1. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

What is the last streaming series you watched? How was it? Would you recommend it to your TSD buddies/ buddets?

brit and cliffb599 like this.
  2. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

Clarkson's Farm.
    Amazon Prime.

Jeremy Clarkson, of Top Gear fame, buys a big plot of land and a big tractor in England. Hilarity and drama ensure.

The wife and I just finished the first (2021) season and both of us enjoyed it very much. Good family entertainment, with an absence of PC BS which seems to be so rare these days. Cinematography and editing are very good (looks a bit like Grand Design, maybe the same crew?) and the host of ancillary characters keep it interesting.

Frijolero, brit and cliffb599 like this.
  3. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

The Expanse
    House MD

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    The Expanse is good stuff.

Killjoys is one of my favs.
    Futureman was odd, but funny.

Frijolero and BigMike like this.
  5. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I'm just finishing up the last season, of The Expanse, when I have spare time.

Queen of Blades likes this.
  6. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Lately, I've been binging Sanford and Son via Starz, Andy Griffith via Amazon Prime Video, Are You Being Served? via BritBox and Married With Children as well as Family Guy via Hulu.

Yes, I love old shows.

Now with the fall season coming up, seems all of my modern shows are returning with new seasons but they only release one episode a week so that's really not binging... Chicago Fire, The Handmaid's Tale, The Resident, New Amsterdam, Star Trek: Picard, Star Trek: Discovery

My dad pays for the Netflix, I pay for the Hulu/Disney+/ESPN+ bundle and my brother pays his cable bill which gives us all access to the streaming apps of the premium channels he has as part of his cable package such as Starz and HBO Max.

Best thing I ever did was switch to Internet only, getting rid of cable TV, and installing an outdoor aerial antenna to pick up 36 different local channels over the air with my favorites being MeTV and Antenna TV.

I know, I went way off the rails on this... lol

Queen of Blades and Frijolero like this.
  7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Vintage Dr Who
    Dragnet
    Adam 12
    The Rifleman
    Sherlock Homes

Keeps me in my happy place.

Yup I'm VERY retro

:eatdrink013:

8. IAmTheJody

That's why I love MeTV! Dragnet, The Rifleman, Gunsmoke, Wagon Train, Adam-12!

9. brit

brit in a box

just finished the breaking bad series..for the second time this year.one always finds stuff missed on the first run..;)

10. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Just finished Chicago Med and thought it was pretty good. My wife and I are now going through Downton Abbey, finally, and are enjoying that series after a bit of a slow start.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Frijolero and BigMike like this.
  11. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Working back through the British Baking Show on Netflix again, in anticipation of the new season later this month.

Frijolero, IAmTheJody and BigMike like this.
  12. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    The Retro channels (MeTV, Rewind, GetTV) are awesome. I was happy to see one of them shows The Patty Duke Show. I used to watch that on Nick at Night when I was a kid. It actually holds up really well.

13. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Just finished Longmire and now working my way thru over 20 years of Midsomer Murders. Love the British sense of humor.

Frijolero, IAmTheJody and BigMike like this.
  14. Bax

Bax Well-Known Member

I stopped watching TV during the Rural Purge*. Never had much use for TV, though I confess that I recently half-watched a series my bride had on about some 1800s detective in Canada who used primitive forensics to solve crimes... it was called "Murdoch Mysteries" or something similar. Before that, she watched one called Cadfael (kinda simlar... medieval monk in England, using primitive science to solve mysteries). Neither of those shows were too disruptive to my reading. ;-)
    - Bax

*For those Shave Den folks not from the U.S., the "Rural Purge" of American television networks was a series of cancellations in the early 1970s (primarily the end of the 1970-71 season) of still-popular shows that had rural themes. Despite high ratings, the Big Three TV networks decided that the shows with rural themes weren't resonating with folks who were likely to spend the most money (in other words, young adults in congested urban areas). So they killed off rural TV shows and replaced them with inner-city urban TV programs, hoping to attract more advertising dollars geared toward the up-and-coming hipster urbanites. Hit shows like the Beverly Hillbillies, Petticoat Junction, Bonanza, Gunsmoke, Mayberry R.F.D., Wild West, The Virginian, and The High Chaparral were replaced with city-folk shows like the Mary Tyler Moore Show, All in the Family, The Jeffersons, and Good Times. The only GOOD thing about the "rural purge" was that it made it EASY for young kids like me to turn off the darned television and go outside and DO stuff.

15. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Those were some great shows, along with The Waltons, which is still one of my personal favorites.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Frijolero, IAmTheJody and Enrico like this.
  16. IAmTheJody

Sitting here watching The Walton's right now on MeTV. I like it because the story lines are interesting enough to keep my attention but it sure was full of cheesy. lol

Frijolero, Enrico and lightcs1776 like this.
  17. IAmTheJody

Me too, re: the British humor. That's why I have the BritBox streaming service. It's a joint venture between BBC and ITV. $6.99 a month and chock-full of classic shows as well as new exclusive shows, from both networks. They have installable apps for Roku, FireTV, Fire stick, Android and Apple phones and tablets, Apple TV, Samsung and LG smart TVs and as an Amazon Prime Video channel.

Frijolero likes this.